HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Compensation for Staff Who Handle Events After Office Hours
Dear HR Professionals,
I have a staff who is transferred to handle and organise events and projects. For events held after office hours or on weekends and Public Holidays, how do we compensate the staff.
Would like to hear from other HR practitioners on how they compensate such staff.
In my previous employment, we gave credit leave (as non-monetary) for the extra hours worked and also added some point contribute to the performance appraisal rating.
They may be awarded off in lieu but there is no compensation.
For employees whose income do not qualify for OT compensation, here's how we currently manage it at my organisation.
1. Time off is to be cleared within one month.
2. Off in-lieu for work done on Off-Day or Public Holidays.
For work done 4 hours and below = Half day time-off
For work done more than 4 hours = 1 day time-off
3. Off in-lieu for work done on Rest Day.
For work done 4 hours and below = 1 day time-off
For work done more than 4 hours = 2 days time-off
4. For work done after office hours during normal work days, time-off is according to the number of hours covered. We allow flexibility to take the time-off before or after work is performed.
Staff don't have to report to work in morning and go direct to event venue on weekday.
As for Sat/Sun, we give 2 days off in lieu.
POST YOUR MESSAGE TO THE HR COMMUNITY BELOW
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.