Competency-Based Performance Management Virtual Workshop
Many companies now use competencies to identify skills, knowledge and personal characteristics needed for jobs. The reason to use competencies is to ensure that performance is aligned with the mission, values and strategies of the organisation.
Moreover, HR professionals realise that the process of performance management continues to be beset with drawbacks like objectivity, the lack and manner of giving feedback and the relevance of criteria in the assessment of performance.
This virtual workshop will help HR practitioners, departmental managers and supervisors improve their performance management abilities by utilising competencies and the most recent research when managing the performance of their subordinates and teams.
• Understand competencies and how it is linked to job behaviour and performance.
• Categorise job behaviours and performance according to different levels and ratings
• Describe and observe critical incidents associated with job descriptions and clusters.
• Learn how to use the self-auditing approach to give performance feedback.
• The challenges of managing performance.
• Definition and examples of competencies.
• The relationship between competency and performance.
• The types and examples of competencies.
• Benefits of using a competency-based performance management system.
• Communicating expectations.
• Observing performance.
• Giving feedback.
Who should attend
• HR executives who are responsible for managing the performance appraisal process.
• Departmental managers, supervisors, officers and executives who are managing the performance of subordinates and teams.
Haridas Ramadas (Hari) is the Founder & CEO of HRSINGAPORE, the first online community for the HR professionals in Singapore.
Over the past 20 years, he has worked and consulted with companies in Human Resource Management. He regularly conducts consultancy and training programmes in Competency-based HR, Selection and Performance Management.
Hari also designed and developed the HR competency framework for the HRSINGAPORE's certification programmes. His training experience includes conducting public programmes, as well as in-house programmes for companies like GMP, KLM Cargo, Pan United, Courts, Centrepoint Properties, Humming House, Brunei Shell, CPF Board and MINDEF.
Born and bred in Singapore, Hari holds a Bachelor in Business Administration from the University of Singapore and a Diploma in Education from the National University of Singapore.
• 19 June 2020 (New!)
Duration / Venue
• 3 hours
• 9 am to 12 noon
• Virtual training room
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
• S$ 150 for Community
• S$ 180 for Non-Subscribers
• 10.15 to 10.30 am