Effective performance management ensures staff are motivated and engaged to achieve high performance
Do you dread conducting appraisal sessions? Do you find them to be a time-wasting and paper filling exercise? Performance Management Process starts with setting SMARTER objectives that staff are committed to. With a competency-based approach enables more objective feedback and appraisal that would lead to greater staff engagement, motivation and performance. This creates a win-win outcome for staff, management and organisation.
In this one-day workshop, participants will learn how to:
• Adopt a holistic framework and positive mindset towards performance management.
• Align objectives of organisation, self and team members.
• Effectively set SMARTER objectives and obtain commitment from staff to achieve them.
• Map work behaviours to competencies.
• Use competencies to manage individual and team performance.
• Apply different interventions to handle high, average and low performers.
• Give constructive feedback and coaching to support staff performance.
• Apply a comprehensive and structured approach to ensure a fruitful outcome from the appraisal discussions.
• Use the appraisal discussions to maximise staff's potential and engage in career planning.
The workshop content is as follows:
• Elements and Key Success Factors of Performance management.
• Concerns of appraisals by supervisors and staff.
• The purpose and benefits of performance appraisals.
• Set individual SMARTER objectives that are aligned with team, department and organisational goals.
• Gain commitment of staff in the achievement of work objectives.
• Definition of competencies, functional and interfunctional competencies.
• Handling high, average and low perfomers effectively.
• Use competency matrix for managing individual and team performance.
• Skills needed for effective feedback, such as questioning, paraphrasing and listening techniques.
• A 8-step approach towards effective appraisal discussion that engages staff.
• Handle differences between manager's and staff's performance ratings.
• Avoid pitfalls in appraisals, such as halo effect, stereotyping.
Who should attend
• Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who are responsible for the performance of their team members.
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
• Guided lectures
• Interactive discussions
• Skill Practice
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Adopt a holistic framework and positive mindset towards performance management
• Appraise performance objectively and effectively based on competency-based behaviours
• Use a structured and comprehensive approach for appraisal discussions
• Develop potential of staff
• Understand the Dos and Don’ts of performance appraisals
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation. Susan is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 23 August 2018 - 6th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0015316.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Very informative and effective; covered main objective of the course." - Nursafidzah Mohd Sanusi, Meridian Group Holdings
• "Trainer was sincere and effective in conveying key points. A good program that all supervisors should attend so that they understand the purpose, value, and importance of appraisals." – Bibiana Koh, Outward Bound Singapore
Past Participant Organisations
• Adam Khoo Learning Centre, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority, Alcon, Commonwealth Student Care Centre.
• Construction Specialties.
• Denisasia Pacific, DOCOMO interTouch.
• Goodnews Community Services.
• Hellmann Worldwide Logistics LLP.
• Informatica SEA.
• John Deere Asia.
• Kokusai Electric.
• M S Subra TT & Partners, Meridian Group Holdings.
• National University of Singapore.
• OCBC Bank, Outward Bound Singapore c/o People’s Association Parliament of Singapore.
• Pick Pack Post, Ponti Trading, Prudential, Pruftechnik S.E.A.
• Representations International, Research Instruments.
• Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Singapore Police Force.
• Technoprobe, TES Asia Pacific, Toh Ban Seng Contractor.
• Vantage International Management Company, Verztec Consulting.
• Wallenius, Wilhelmsen Logistics AS Singapore Branch, WLD Asset Management.
• Zuken Singapore.