Improve your knowledge of employment contracts and employment law issues
Understand contract law for HR professionals and how it affects employment contracts and employment law issues.
This course will look at the importance of contract law and provide a fundamental understanding of the law for HR professionals. It will deal with key issues on employment law matters and particularly, employment contracts.
The course will also examine critical issues on employment issues such as restraint of trade, handling trade secrets, discrimination issues termination and difficult employees.
To give participants a good understanding of the various provisions which exist to handle contractual issues relating to employment laws and employment contracts.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to deal with issues effectively and practically.
1. Offer and acceptance
2. Consideration and intention to create legal relationship
3. Key terms in employment contract and its legal implications
4. Relevant issues in Employment Law
5. Legal Impact of confidentiality clause
6. Non-Solicitation clause
7. Restraint of trade clause
8. Termination and sending back of employees upon termination of contract
9. Extension of leave and other issues
10. Resolving and ironing out issues with employees
11. Discrimination of employees on race religion or sex
12. Garden leave and its legal implication
Who should attend
• HR Executives, HR Supervisors, HR Managers and those involved in HR work
• Case studies
David Shanmugam has many years of legal experience in the private sector and is currently working as an in-house Legal Counsel for a local company.
Over the years, he has conducted legal training for the corporate sector on the various practical legal issues facing the corporate field and has lectured for many training institutions on business and company law. His forte lies in the field of corporate and commercial drafting of contracts, including company matters.
David holds a Bachelor of Law Degree and a Master of Business Degree.
• 15 May 2024 (3rd Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 675.80 w/GST (S$620.00) for Community
• S$ 708.50 w/GST (S$650.00) for Non-Subscriber
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Black Mountain (Singapore) Pte Ltd
• Hwa Chong International School, Heliconia Capital Mgt Pte Ltd
• Sahl International Pte Ltd, SEW-Eurodrive Pte Ltd
• Yenn Dar Pte Ltd