In today’s global and competitive economy where talents are scared; attracting, retaining and motivating employees is becoming more challenging. More and more companies are thinking outside the box to introduce new programs and benefits as part of their employer branding.
Surveys have shown that more and more companies in Singapore are introducing Flexible Benefits Plan ranging from a simple fixed amount annually to more complex multiple components plan. According to the Mercer 2010 Talent Retention Survey, implementing flex that offers staff choice is seen as the top benefits strategy for staff retention and satisfaction.
To ensure that HR professionals are equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop and better manage such plan or program and do not violate any statutory regulation/law such as the CPF and Income Tax.
Face-to-face training has resumed with safe distancing measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses and apologise if we are unable to accept your registration if the course status shows "Confirmed & Closed".
• Explain what is a Flexible Benefits Plan and the various types of Flexible Benefits Plans.
• Understand how Flex credits are developed and allocated to employees.
• Discuss the various stages of developing and implementing a Flexible Benefits Plan.
• Define the considerations for implementing a Flexible Benefits Plan.
Introduction to Flexible Benefits Plan and its advantages
• Types of Fringe Benefits
• What is Flexible Benefits Plan?
• Differences between Traditional Benefits an Flexible Benefits Plan
• Advantages of Flexible Benefits Plan
Concerns and consideration when developing a Flexible Benefits Plan
• Concerns for Flexible Benefits Plan
• Considerations when developing Flexible Benefits Plan
Types of Flexible Benefits Plan
• Different types of Flexible Benefits Plan
• Pros and cons of the different types of Flexible Benefits Plan
Developing Flex credits
• Different ways of developing Flex credits
• Use of Leaves for credit allocation
Stages to implementing a Flexible Benefits Plan
• Feasibility study
• Plan and design
• Admin planning
• Launch of plan
Who should attend
• HR Managers and HR Executives or Administrators
• Line Managers
• Any other people involve or handle the international assignment activity in the organisation
To ensure that learners acquired the underpinning knowledge and performance statement, the workshop will incorporate the following methodologies:
• Trainer’s Presentation
• Group Discussion and Experience Sharing
• Group Activities
• Individual Exercises
Maurice Tan is a seasoned and strong HR practitioner with more than 38 years of broad-based experience in multi-HR disciplines and has serving many organizations from varied industries as Head of the HR function responsible for the Asia Pacific region. He has worked with many foreign MNC and been involved in expatriate management and foreign placement for more than 30 years.
During his employment, Maurice is an active trainer and has conducted in-house training programs for many organisations, academic programs and public-run workshops for training institutions.
• 16 February 2021 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options