The workshop aims to assist companies having challenges to contain rising employee benefit cost and how to contain and reduce employee cost which has a growing impact on the company’s bottom-line.
Most companies provide generous employee benefits to employees, either via third party providers like insurance agencies, vendors and some have gone further to explore the introduction of flexible benefits to cater to the growing younger employee population. However, as employee benefits consist of a major benefit and cost item, companies are reluctant to introduce more benefits as many of these do increase over time together with an aging workforce. With the rising millennial generation many of these new entry to the workforce will expect choices and options to select the types of benefits given different from traditional core benefits offered by companies.
The workshop aims to assist companies having challenges to contain rising employee benefit costs and how to contain and reduce employee cost which has a growing impact on the company’s bottom-line. During this hands-on session, the trainer will work with the participants in helping them to design portable benefits or flexible schemes for their companies and learn how to manage the growing cost of employee benefits.
(Face-to-face training has resumed with safe distancing and precautionary measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses)
• The impact of employee cost escalation e.g. medical cost and how to contain employee’s expectations and concerns as well as working with insurance providers on a redesign of portable medical benefits.
• Awareness of different portable medical practices and flexible benefit systems and inputs into the design structure.
• An understanding on what Medi-Life Scheme can offer and how to help companies transit into such scheme.
• Other employee benefits that we can consider as trade-offs into designing a flexible benefit program and available schemes/portals that help enable and reduce administrative burden through outsourcing.
To anchor the learning and enhanced application the workshop incorporates:
• Hands-on practice with your own company data sheet to work on a Flexible program, there will be individual consultation on the exercises to ensure that participants gain a meaning piece of work at the end of the one day program.
1. A hands-on session to train and assist companies who wish to switch from in-company programs to portable medical schemes.
2. Today, many smaller companies are constantly facing pressures from medical cost increases from insurers, etc. This workshop can help smaller companies to gain advantage of the portable medical schemes by moving into a flex program and provides savings from employees from purchasing their own Medi-Shield programs.
3. Use of outsource parties to reduce administrative burden.
4. An in depth discussion on Employee Benefits, total benefits costing and the use Flexible Benefits for containment and how it can benefit the company.
5. Many younger employees today do not like traditional benefits that companies have logged in and are not benefiting them. The key takeaways of this workshop will be the ability for companies to plan forward before their next insurance renewal, a process steps in slowly introducing Flex benefits to allow employees to make decisions forward for their own usage.
Who should attend
• HR Managers and Administrators who have responsibility over HR benefit and compensation to control the rising cost of benefits.
Benefits of Attending This Course
Participants attending the class should bring along a spreadsheet of their employee benefit plan, insurance cost premiums so that they can start preparing the costing sheet if they would like to move into a Flexi plan quickly.
What questions this training program provides answers to:
The program aims to help companies move into a cost containment mode and help contain medical cost increases and getting the company to move into the portable Medi-Life scheme.
Adrian Wong has more than 25 years of experience as a Senior Regional HR Professional with many years of experience in diverse industry especially manufacturing, food and beverage, FMCG, Supply Chain, freight and logistics, consultancy and Information, education, financial ratings and research sectors.
Adrian has worked as the Corporate HR Director, Asia Pacific for McGraw Hill Companies, Vice-President HR for EGL Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Vice-President HR International Division for Japfa International Pte Ltd, Regional HR and Quality Director, Exel Way & QSHE Director for MSAS/Exel/DHL, Personnel Manager for Motorola Electronics and General Motors.
He covers more than 12 countries in Asia Pacific from India to Japan, China and down south to New Zealand. He led HR teams in different countries reporting to him and covers the full spectrum of HR activities: talent acquisition, total rewards, training and development including change management, HR Operations and benefits for the region. His experience covers a number of Mergers and Acquisitions, takeovers, HR workforce restructuring, corporate social responsibility, HR Outsourcing, Employee communications, Industrial and Union negotiation, etc. His training experience includes Corporate Internal Trainer for Management Leadership Programs, leadership programs for First Line managers, Business Development programs, leadership transition programs.
While he was with the Supply Chain Industry, he has responsibility over Quality, Safety and Environment covering Asia pacific countries and directs ISO Quality certification programs, 1800 safety management and 1400 Environment programs for the group. He also developed the leadership management program jointly with NUS Business Management School for young leaders and covers the Exel Way launch for Asia.
Adrian is a certified DISC and DDI facilitator and was also a part time lecturer for an Australian University for its Bachelor and Masters programs (International Human Resource Management Modules) and a local Institute for its Human Resource Management, Training & Development and Strategic Management programs. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Adrian possess a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters of Arts in Human Development. He also possess Diplomas in Management Consultancy, Marketing, Industrial Management, Human Resource, Quality and Production Engineering.
• 22 June 2021 - New
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided