Drafting of Employment Contracts - Virtual Training
The employment contract is the first, and the most crucial document between an employer and an employee which governs their relationship.
Also known as a Contract of Service, it spells out the terms and conditions of employment between the employer and employee as well as the rights and responsibilities of each party to the agreement.
This virtual training workshop will cover the legal requirements to draft, offer and implement a contract of service, the essential terms and conditions required in a contract and best practices when developing a contract of employment.
• Be familiar with the legal requirements when crafting an employment contract,
• Identify the essential and supplementary clauses to include in a contract,
• Describe the clauses that will encompass the terms and conditions of employment.
• Know the rights and responsibilities of both the employer and employee in the employment agreement and,
• Recognise the dos & don’ts in developing a contract.
1. Legal requirements of an employment contract:
• Contract of employment vs contract for service
• Expressed and implied terms in a contract
• Different types of a contract of service
• Key employment terms
• Legally required employee benefits
• Termination clauses
2. Accompanying documents in a contract
• Employee handbook
• Company policies
3. Best practices in drafting a contract
Who should attend
• HR Managers, HR Professionals and Executives (Recruitment & Selection), Front Line Managers particularly those from SMEs.
Noel Khng has more than 20 years’ experience in the Human Resources field working for the Shell Group of Companies. He has taken on roles as a generalist as well as specialist roles in Recruitment, Staff Administration, Industrial Relations, HR Information Systems and Learning and Development.
He also worked as the Group HR Manager for Mewah International Inc., one of the largest palm oil refiners and traders in the world, headquartered in Singapore with 3 refineries in Malaysia and marketing offices in China, Australia, Russia, Rumania, Poland, Brazil and Argentina. Leading a team of 28 HR professionals, he was charged with setting the overall direction for HR policies and practices across the Mewah Group.
By way of academic achievements, Noel holds a Master’s of Science (UK) majoring in HRM and a Diploma in Industrial Relations. He also successfully completed the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
Noel is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• 26 June 2020 (New!)
Duration / Venue
• 3 hours
• 9 am to 12 noon
• Virtual training room
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
• S$ 150 for Community
• S$ 180 for Non-Subscribers
• 10.15 to 10.30 am