HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Emergency Call Back
Dear HR Professionals,
May I know how do you pay employees who are asked to come back at midnight to say 2 to 3 am? How much transport allowance do you pay on such occasion or you just reimburse taxi fare 2-way?
If an employee's day shift is starting at 7 am but he came to work due to call back and worked till 4 am, what time should he start work? How is the payment made?
We would usually allow the employee to be fully reimbursed for the cab fare back and forth.
If the employee gets called back during non-working hours, we will grant them time off the next day so that they can rest sufficiently before coming back to work.
Time off duration will depend on how many hours of support work they were required to do during the non-working hours. E.g. 4 hours would equate to half a day off. So if they start work at 7 am on usual shift, they can come in at 1 pm after the 4hrs off and 1 hr lunch break.
If they are called back on weekends or public holidays, we will grant them half day or full day off-in-lieu (to be approved by MD) that they can utilise whenever they need. This is in the scenario that their usual working days do not include weekends.
1) We reimburse taxi fares - 2 ways.
2) If he were recalled back to the office at 2 am and worked till 4 am and his day shift starts at 7 am, we will give him a day off.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.