Employee engagement surveys are an essential tool for organizations to assess and improve engagement levels, leading to increased productivity, innovation, and employee retention. By providing a platform for employees to voice their opinions, surveys show that their feedback matters to the organization. The results of the survey provide insights into how engaged employees are with their work, colleagues, and the organization. This information can be used to develop targeted interventions to improve the workplace environment that ultimately leads to organizational success.
The overall aim of this workshop is to provide our targeted participants with an understanding of employee engagement survey design and equipping them with the knowledge and skills necessary to create effective employee engagement surveys that can help improve organizational performance.
• Explain the concepts of employee engagement and surveys.
• Learn about the various models and frameworks used in employee engagement.
• Understand the different stages of the survey design process, including needs assessment and survey design.
• Apply key elements of survey design, including the selection and writing of survey questions, types of questions, and response options.
• Learn best practices for survey administration, including confidentiality and anonymity, communication strategies, and follow-up.
- Pre-work and discussion of case study.
- Define employee engagement and the importance of survey design.
2. Understand employee engagement framework
- What are the hierarchy and factors in a model?
- Overview of different employee engagement models.
3. Survey Design
- Choose the right survey method.
- Develop the survey questions.
- Select the appropriate rating scales.
- Write clear and concise survey instructions.
- Use open-ended questions.
4. Planning and preparation
- Understand the goals and objectives of the survey.
- Determine the target audience.
- Develop a project plan and timeline.
- Identify and engage stakeholders.
- Develop a communication plan.
5. Commitment Building Process Approach
- Conduct diagnosis and context setting with stakeholders.
- Establish credibility and buy-ins.
- Pilot run of design and fine-tuning.
- Institutionalize the practice.
- Feedback and improvement.
- Recapture of key takeaways.
- Q&A session.
- Closing remarks.
Who should attend
• Senior HR Executives; HR Supervisors; Assistant HR Managers; HR Managers
This program will be delivered via conceptual briefing using written and visual aids. To enhance learning effectiveness and transfer, experiential learning will be emphasised. Time will be allocated for skills practices, group discussions and short exercises. The workshop leader will facilitate group discussions and feedback on the application of techniques.
Benefits of Attending This Course:
• Understand the concepts of employee engagement and usage of surveys.
• Acquire knowledge and understanding about popular models and frameworks used in employee engagement.
• Design a complete survey and craft survey questions.
• Learn commitment building process approach to engage stakeholders.
• Apply active listening and diagnostic techniques.
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is employee engagement and its importance?
• What is a survey and its broad usage?
• What is the difference between an annual survey vs a pulse survey?
• Confidentiality rules concerning employee survey results.
Tham Weng Yip is a proven professional with more than 20 years of experience in regional HR Management and Business Partnering roles, as well as Information Technology and Business Solutions in MNCs as well as private and public sector organizations. A pragmatic hands-on individual with exposure to diverse cultures globally and political-legal environment across the Asia-Pacific region. A results-driven partner endowed with business acumen, gained while supporting C-level leaders to address business and functional challenges in delivering agreed business directions and objectives.
Weng Yip is an established HR practitioner with a rich exposure to a diverse range of HR policies, procedures, and tools in Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) and local organizations. His areas of expertise and know-how cover a diverse range of HR practices and these comprise of strategic performance management, culture building, employee life cycle management, talent management, employee engagement, team development and leadership development to name some key ones.
Weng Yip has worked with companies such as Brenntag Asia-Pacific (German-based chemical distribution company), West Unified Communications (US-based conference and collaborations service provider), BreadTalk Group, iFAST Corporation (Singapore-based wealth management platform Fintech company) and SDAX Financial (Singapore-based money lending and digital exchange Fintech company) and Crimson Logic (Singapore-based digital government services provider) to deliver various programmes.
Weng Yip holds a degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and a MBA. He has certifications and professional competence in many Human Resource and Organization Development related activities such as job analysis, work profiling, teamwork, coaching, career planning, psychometrics assessment, competency-based interviewing, performance management, talent management, employee engagement, HR audit and HR planning process.
• 15 December 2023 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 669.60 w/GST (S$620.00) for Community
• S$ 702.00 w/GST (S$650.00) for Non-Subscriber
(Prices inclusive of GST at 8%, applicable before 1 Jan 2024)
• S$ 675.80 w/GST (S$620.00) for Community
• S$ 708.50 w/GST (S$650.00) for Non-Subscriber
(Price inclusive of GST at 9%, applicable with effect from 1 Jan 2024)
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided