During this workshop, participants will design and develop successful new employee orientation and onboarding activities.
Getting new employees off to a good start in the organisation can make a difference in their long-term productivity. And making them feel welcome on their first day makes them more effective in their jobs. To do this an organisation requires a formal employee orientation and onboarding programme.
This workshop will provide participants with practical knowledge and skills to design or improve an employee orientation and onboarding programme for their organisation.
• The purpose, importance and benefits of new employee orientation and onboarding
• The difference between the onboarding and orientation processes
• Designing and improving an onboarding programme for staff joining the organisation
• Practical ways to integrate and engage new employees
• Measuring the success of orientation and onboarding activities
• Purpose and benefits of Employee Orientation and Onboarding.
• To plan, design and develop a successful Onboarding Program.
• Facilitating Onboarding effectiveness.
• Employee Orientation delivery methods.
Who should attend
• HR Managers.
• Any employees who are required to conduct Employee Orientation Program.
Aileena Wong has more than 20 years of Human Resource management experience with various industries including mining, construction, manufacturing, commerce and education. She has experiences working alongside and leading both local and regional (China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and the Philippines) HR teams with private as well as public listed companies.
Aileena was instrumental to spearhead various key HR programs including change management, M&A, development of employee onboarding and competency framework, establishment of HR systems for start-ups, set up compensation guidelines and system for international employment, sales team and for all levels of employees from frontline to board level. With her in-depth knowledge on full spectrum of human resource management, Aileena has conducted various workshops and shared her HR passion with the participants.
Aileena possesses a Masters in Human Resource Management. She also possesses a Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, a Diploma in Research, a Diploma in Directorship and is certified in Compensation Management and Change Management. Aileena is currently completing a Professional Doctorate in Business Administration.
• 29 March 2019 (10th Run) - Rescheduled
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0001683.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Useful insights to HR practitioners to review existing orientation program or to develop new one." - Ang Yuyun, Casino Regulatory Authority
• "The trainer make the session attractive." - Pang Fei Tyng, Ameron Malaysia Sdn Bhd
• "Trainer is very inspiring and professional. Shares a lot of experiences and is good in engaging the participants to do critical thinking." - Mitchelle Tang, Popular Holdings
• "Well done! This course is useful and trainer is good in sharing her valuable knowledge."
• "Interesting. I would be able to implement certain aspect into my induction programme."
Past Participant Organisations
• Aetos Security Management, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority, Ameron Malaysia, Ameron, An-Nur Mosque Management Board, Aon Singapore, Attorney-General's Chambers, ASTI Holdings, Australian International School, Anderco.
• Bayer (South East Asia), BCS Information Systems, BDO LLP, Biosensors Interventional Technologies, BOC Aviation, Building and Construction Authority.
• CapitaLand Commercial, CapitaLand, Casino Regulatory Authority, Central Narcotics Bureau, Central Provident Fund Board, Changi Airport Group, Competition Commission of Singapore, Courts (Singapore), Crédit Industriel et Commercial.
• Defence Science & Technology Agency, DP Architects, DENSO International Asia.
• Eltek Power, Energy Market Authority, E-T-A Asia Pacific, Enercon Asia.
• Feinmetall Singapore, Fusion Cosmetics, Fluke South East Asia.
• Grace Orchard School, Gucci Singapore, GloApp Human Capital.
• Home Nursing Foundation, Health Sciences Authority.
• Ingram Micro Asia, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Institute of High Performance Computing, Institute of Technical Education, interTouch, Info-communications Media Development Authority.
• JDS Uniphase Singapore, Jebsen & Jessen Business Services (S).
• KBC Bank NV, Asia Pacific Regional Office, Kajima Overseas Asia, Konecranes, Lian Soon Construction.
• Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Marsh (Singapore), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Law, Ministry of Transport, Mitsubishi Electric Asia, Metta Welfare Association.
• Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre, National Council of Social Service, National Environment Agency (HRD), National Healthcare Group Polyclinics, National Heritage Board, NEC Asia, NTN Bearing-Singapore, NTT Singapore, NTUC Healthcare Co-operatives, National Institute of Education, Nikko Chemicals (Singapore).
• Oakwell Engineering.
• Parliament of Singapore, Perstorp Singapore, Petra Foods, PHHP Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd, Police Headquarters,Manpower Department, Popular Holdings, PT Infineon Technologies Batam, PT. Tigaraksa Satria Tbk, Public Service Division, Prime Minister’s Office, Phillips 66 International Trading, Petredec Holdings(Eastern).
• SAF HQ SWI, SAFRA, Samwoh Resources, Science and Engineering Institutes, Science Centre Singapore, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore Exchange, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Tourism Board, Sumitomo Corporation Asia, Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Co, Singapore Children's Society, Suntory Beverage & Food Asia.
• TAC Controls, Tanaka Electronics Singapore, Tata Communications International, Teambuild Construction, Teijin Polycarbonate Singapore, The Bank of Nova Scotia.
• Volvo East Asia, Vopak Asia.
• WAREES Investments, Wee Chwee Huat Scaffolding & Construction, Wyeth Nutritionals, Xyratex (Malaysia), Yokogawa Engineering Asia, Yongnam Engineering & Construction, YGP.