Design an effective orientation and onboarding programme to immerse your new employees into their roles and responsibilities quickly
Recruitment without proper orientation and onboarding is wasting time and money. This is because recruitment is not only time consuming but expensive in terms of money and resources spent in searching and selecting the potential candidates. Many employers have experienced significant turnover of newly hired employees within their first year of employment. Such high turnover is costly and highly detrimental to the productivity of the organisation. Clearly retaining employees is more important than ever.
Research has shown that employers with effective orientation and onboarding processes have been able to better control attrition rates and hence their new staff tends to stay longer.
In this one day workshop, we will show and teach you how to design an effective orientation and onboarding programme to immerse your new starters into their roles and responsibilities quickly in order to effectively contribute to your organisational success. Your new employees will be able to hit the ground running, identify with your organisation and achieve job satisfaction.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
In this program, participants will be able to:
• Appreciate the importance of having an Orientation and Onboarding programme for new hires
• Design and implement an effective Onboarding programme
• Involve the different stakeholders in engaging employees in the Onboarding process.
• Plan and implement an effective induction and orientation activities
• Link Employee Orientation and Onboarding to business needs
• Know the features of an effective Onboarding Programme
• Measure the success of orientation and onboarding programme
• Understand the difference between Induction, Orientation and Onboarding
• Benefits of the Orientation and Onboarding to employees and organisation
• Features of a typical Onboarding Programme
• How to carry out a successful first day Induction Programme
• Develop a suitable Induction Package for new hires
• Learn the different elements in Induction, Orientation and Onboarding process
• Design on boarding programmes for different groups of employees
• Plan, design and Implement a successful On boarding programme
Who should attend
• All executives and managers responsible for conducting orientation and onboarding programmes and those who need to evaluate and improve its current programmes and activities to create greater impact on individual performance and business results.
• Group Discussion, class sharing and experiential learning will be used to facilitate deeper learning.
Bernard Tay has over 20 years experience in human resource development and management in both private and public sector experience. He has worked as a regional manager in renowned American and Japanese global conglomerate. He has gained both local and international experience, having working for diversified industries ranging from banking, aviation, telecommunication, education, electronics, and energy to medical sector. He has also worked in USA where he focused on staffing and organisational development.
Bernard has extensive experience conducting human resource management and development programmes to local and international participants from different organisations. He has acquired working knowledge and experience in developing employee handbook, job analysis, job evaluation, job description and design, employee orientation and organisational downsizing. In addition he has been a Senior Assessor for Singapore Quality Award and People Excellence.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He is also a certified Advanced Certificate Training and Assessment (ACTA) trainer.
• 12 January 2023 (11th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
• "Useful insights to HR practitioners to review existing orientation program or to develop new one." - Ang Yuyun, Casino Regulatory Authority
• "The trainer make the session attractive." - Pang Fei Tyng, Ameron Malaysia Sdn Bhd
• "Trainer is very inspiring and professional. Shares a lot of experiences and is good in engaging the participants to do critical thinking." - Mitchelle Tang, Popular Holdings
• "Well done! This course is useful and trainer is good in sharing her valuable knowledge."
• "Interesting. I would be able to implement certain aspect into my induction programme."
Past Participant Organisations
• Aetos Security Management, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority, Ameron Malaysia, Ameron, An-Nur Mosque Management Board, Aon Singapore, Attorney-General's Chambers, ASTI Holdings, Australian International School, Anderco Pte Ltd, Advario Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
• Bayer (South East Asia), BCS Information Systems, BDO LLP, Biosensors Interventional Technologies, BOC Aviation, Building and Construction Authority
• CapitaLand Commercial, CapitaLand, Casino Regulatory Authority, Central Narcotics Bureau, Central Provident Fund Board, Changi Airport Group, Competition Commission of Singapore, Courts (Singapore), Crédit Industriel et Commercial
• Defence Science & Technology Agency, DP Architects, DENSO International Asia, Daekyo Eye Level Singapore Pte Ltd
• Eltek Power, Energy Market Authority, E-T-A Asia Pacific, Enercon Asia
• Feinmetall Singapore, Fusion Cosmetics, Fluke South East Asia
• Grace Orchard School, Gucci Singapore, GloApp Human Capital, Goltens Singapore Pte Ltd
• Home Nursing Foundation, Health Sciences Authority
• Ingram Micro Asia, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Institute of High Performance Computing, Institute of Technical Education, interTouch, Info-communications Media Development Authority
• JDS Uniphase Singapore, Jebsen & Jessen Business Services (S)
• KBC Bank NV, Asia Pacific Regional Office, Kajima Overseas Asia, Konecranes, Lian Soon Construction
• Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Marsh (Singapore), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Law, Ministry of Transport, Mitsubishi Electric Asia, Metta Welfare Association
• Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre, National Council of Social Service, National Environment Agency (HRD), National Healthcare Group Polyclinics, National Heritage Board, NEC Asia, NTN Bearing-Singapore, NTT Singapore, NTUC Healthcare Co-operatives, National Institute of Education, Nikko Chemicals (Singapore)
• Oakwell Engineering
• Parliament of Singapore, Perstorp Singapore, Petra Foods, PHHP Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd, Police Headquarters,Manpower Department, Popular Holdings, PT Infineon Technologies Batam, PT. Tigaraksa Satria Tbk, Public Service Division, Prime Minister’s Office, Phillips 66 International Trading, Petredec Holdings (Eastern) Pte Ltd
• SAF HQ SWI, SAFRA, Samwoh Resources, Science and Engineering Institutes, Science Centre Singapore, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore Exchange, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Tourism Board, Sumitomo Corporation Asia, Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Co, Singapore Children's Society, Suntory Beverage & Food Asia Pte Ltd
• TAC Controls, Tanaka Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd, Tata Communications International Pte Ltd, Teambuild Construction, Teijin Polycarbonate Singapore Pte Ltd, The Bank of Nova Scotia
• Volvo East Asia (Pte) Ltd, Vopak Asia Pte Ltd
• WAREES Investments, Wee Chwee Huat Scaffolding & Construction, Wyeth Nutritionals, Xyratex (Malaysia),
• Yokogawa Engineering Asia, Yongnam Engineering & Construction, YGP Pte Ltd, Yayasan MENDAKI