A happy employee is a happy internal customer
A happy employee is a happy internal customer. Employers should strive to make employees happy so that they can better serve external customers. Employee satisfaction is thus of utmost important to both employers and employees so that customer satisfaction can be achieved. Training is an important investment in the performance of your staff. However no amount of investment in training will help or motivate employees if they are not satisfied with their supervisors or climate of the organisation. In order to make the most of money spent on training, it is important to know the reasons behind employee dissatisfaction and resolve to eliminate or reduce their degree of unhappiness at the workplace. Hence the need to administer an employee survey to gauge their happiness and engagement.
In this one day practice-oriented workshop, we will show and teach you how to design a survey to identify the dissatisfaction of your employees, how to implement the survey and to formulate action plans to make them happier and more satisfied so that they will remain loyal to the organisation and strive to give their best to help the organisation meet the customers' demand and henceforth increase the revenue of the organisation.
• Understand the importance of having highly satisfied employees in organisations.
• Acquire the skills to design a good employee satisfaction survey.
• Implement successfully an effective employee satisfaction survey.
• Develop action plan to address the issues discovered in the survey.
I. Linking employee satisfaction to the strategic directions of the business
• Importance of employee satisfaction to business strategy.
II. Types of commonly used employees surveys
• What are the types of employee surveys?
• Reasons for using different types of employee surveys.
III. Developing an effective employee survey measuring instrument
• Types of dimensions to be included in the employee survey.
• Rationale for the choice of the dimensions.
• Scale and design of survey questionnaires.
IV. Implementing the employee survey
• Medium of transmission
• Ethical issues
V. Analysis of survey results results
• Quantitative data analysis
• Qualitative comments collation
• Report format
VI. Post survey follow-up to maximise employee satisfaction and organisational commitment
• Communication of survey results
• Follow up action plans
Who should attend
• All executives and managers responsible for organisational excellence.
• Those who need to design and implement employees' satisfaction/engagement survey questionnaires to strongly linked organisation commitments to level of employees' satisfaction/engagement.
Bernard Tay has over 20 years corporate experience in human resource and development across varied industries ranging from airport services, telecommunications, electronics, appliances, medical to energy sector.
He has worked as regional manager in renowned America and Japanese organisation covering full spectrum of human resource management including expatriate and local compensation design and implementation for outbound and inbound overseas assignments.
He is a regular speaker and workshop facilitator to international and local participants keen to learn about topical issues in human resource and people behaviour. His training engagements and assessment have taken him to countries like Taiwan, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. Bernard is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He has also completed almost a year of working stint in Virginia, USA.
• Date to be advised
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 450 for Community
• S$ 480 for Non-Subscribers
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options