HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Employment of Client's Family Members
Dear HR Practitioners,
Do you have a policy pertaining to hiring your client's family member i.e. spouse, sibling, etc? Appreciate if you can share your policy or if you can share your thoughts about this specific issue.
REPLIES & COMMENTS
Our main concern is Conflict Of Interest. We do have husband and wife teams working in the company but entirely in separate dept.
Husband and wife in different department, but what about one of them in HR department and involving compensation matters?
Why a doubt of malpractice when the personnel is already onboard?
As HR practitioner, we’ve to maintain:
· high integrity [no talk/discussion on HR related issues to anyone working for company w/o cause/permission],
· objective and fairness in our code of practise.
· I’ve to sign on a Conflict Of Interest / Declaration and Non-disclosure with the Company [no relations working with company] before taking up the role.
As Trust is pivot between Company and any HR staff,
· serious consideration should be in place before hiring;
· practice cautious double-check recommendation by any HR staff concern $ issue;
· $ issue rest entirely on company’s evaluation and decision not this staff.