During this workshop, participants will understand the skills they require to effectively and efficiently achieve HR goals and objectives.
While leaders set the direction, they must also use management and special skills to guide their people to the desired destination in a smooth and efficient way.
Whether you manage an HR department or a project team, it is important to know how to get the work done right. When you are required to achieve something with the help of others, it is complex and you often spend much time managing relationships instead of doing the actual work. So, you must develop not only your HR technical skills, but your domain-general skills as well.
There is a plethora of skills that an HR manager needs to be effective but which are the essential ones and most immediately required while others can be developed over time?
This one day workshop will focus on the few essential skills an HR manager needs. You'll learn how each of these skill sets impacts a manager's ability to effectively lead his or her employees.
• To appreciate the relationship between leadership and management in the pursuit of business and HR goals and objectives.
• To appreciate the importance of setting objectives and KPIs to achieve desired performance outcome.
• To understand the essential skills necessary to effectively lead team members to the desired HR destination.
• To understand how the essential skills in this workshop are used for effective and efficient implementation of strategies to achieve HR goals and objectives.
• To learn tools for the essential skills.
Part I : Achieving business and HR goals
• The relationship between Leadership and Management.
• Setting objectives and KPIs.
Part II : Effective leadership to implement HR strategies to achieve goals and objectives
• Managing discipline and dealing with conflict
• Coaching and counselling
Part III : Communicating effectively
• Essentials of communication that are taken for granted.
• Cross-cultural context
• Fiasco and disaster caused by bad communication – case studies
Part IV : Consulting Skills
• Change management
• Interpersonal skills
• Ethical influencing without coercion
Part V : Selecting and developing people
• “Garbage in, garbage out”
• Impact on business performance
• How to?
Part VI : Engaging Employees
• What is and what is not about employee engagement
• Impact on business performance
• Some suggestions on effective engagement
Part VII : Business Partnering
• What does it take to be effective in business partnering.
• Senior HR Executives.
• HR Supervisors.
• Assistant HR Managers.
• HR Managers.
Phak Sung is currently a management consultant helping companies to setup their HR functions and infrastructures; merge their policies and practices when they acquire companies; trouble shoot if they have organizational effectiveness issues; and design and deliver training or workshops such as cross-cultural communication, team building, strategic planning and change management, corporate governance and ethics, leadership skills etc.
He conducted a ten-day series of workshops for the Royal Bhutan Government's Ministries' Heads of HR in strategic planning, strategic staffing, and corporate governance. He was recently the keynote speaker in a forum on Human Capital Analytics in Manila organized by Assessment Analytics International. His topic was Measuring Human Capital Analytics for Business Growth.
Phak Sung lectured at a local institute in Strategic Planning and Change Management in the graduate diploma and diploma programs in Human Capital Management introducing the first ever Corporate Governance and Ethics program and was the only lecturer for this program. He also lectured on International Human Capital Management and Administrative Management for an Australian university's bachelor's degree programs. Phak Sung is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Phak Sung holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Economics from California State University, USA.
• 6 February 2018 - 2nd Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "The training program was good. Lecturer was friendly. Good food, comprehensive notes, conducive environment." - Maya Angelyn, Blum South East Asia Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Blum South East Asia.
• Shanghai American School, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Valve & Fitting, St. James' Church.
• The Oaks Cellars.
• Uni-Zone Structural.