Conduct effective exit interviews and analyse its results and improve retention
The adages "Prevention is better than cure" and "Better late than never" can be applied to Human Capital Management as well: Prevent voluntary exit of valued employees is better than trying to find out why they have chosen to find greener pastures and when it does happen, it is better to be late than never to find out the reasons.
These are the precise purposes of exit interviews: to gather the departing employees' feedback in order to improve the working conditions and the state of the organization so as to rectify anomalies to retain current employees. A well organized and executed exit process can greatly enhance the chances of obtaining the precious feedback to improve the situation.
During this one day program, participants will be provided with a comprehensive overview of the purposes and potential benefits of exit interviews. They will learn how to conduct an exit interview properly and effectively, create user friendly exit interviews forms and report the results of the interview results.
• To recognize both financial and non-financial impact caused by the loss of talent.
• To appreciate the importance of retention in Human Capital Management.
• To understand the purposes and potential benefits of Exit Interviews.
• To avoid common pitfalls of the Exit Interviews.
• To prepare and study how to conduct an Exit Interview properly and effectively.
• To identify important data, collate and dissect them for meaningful follow-up actions.
• Create user friendly Exit Interview forms.
• Report Exit Interview results.
• The Costs of Employee Turnover to Organizations.
• Reasons for Employee Turnover.
• Why conduct Exit Interviews? Why not conduct Stay Interviews in the first place?
• The purpose and benefits of Exit Interviews.
• When to conduct Exit Interviews?
• Why do some Exit Interviews fail?
• Setup and steps to conducting Exit Interviews meaningfully and effectively.
• Developing relevant Exit Interview questions and procedure.
• Essential skills for conducting the Exit Interviews.
• Analyzing data collected from Exit Interviews, reporting on findings and making recommendations.
Who should attend
• HR Managers, HR Executives, HR Officers and Assistants.
• Any employee who is required to conduct an exit interview and/or have responsibility for improving or setting up the company's exit interview process.
Bernard Tay has over 20 years of experience in human resource development and management in both private and public sector experience. He has worked as a regional manager in a renowned American and Japanese global conglomerate. He has gained both local and international experience, having worked for diversified industries ranging from banking, aviation, telecommunication, education, electronics, and energy to the medical sector. He has also worked in the USA where he focused on staffing and organisational development.
Bernard has extensive experience conducting human resource management and development programmes to local and international participants from different organisations. He has acquired working knowledge and experience in developing employee handbooks, job analysis, job evaluation, job description and design, employee orientation and organisational downsizing. In addition, he has been a Senior Assessor for Singapore Quality Award and People Excellence.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters’ Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He is also a certified Advanced Certificate Training and Assessment (ACTA) trainer.
Othman Marican has more than 30 years of experience as a practitioner in human resource management and industrial relations. He has spent many years in the labour movement and also held senior human resource management positions during his tenure of work.
During the span of his career, he has held several appointments at the national level including being a Member of the NTUC Central Committee, National Wages Council, National Productivity Board (now known as SPRING Singapore), Skills Development Fund Advisory Council. Among others, he has also served as a panel member of the Industrial Arbitration Court.
Othman has been a trainer / lecturer in many varied local training institutions since 1993 and currently serving as member of the board of directors in a community-based professional organisation and chairman of the human resource committee.
• 11 January 2024 (19th Run) - Confirmed
• 7 June 2024 (20th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Sheraton Towers Singapore (19th Run)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 702.00 w/GST (S$650.00) for Community
• S$ 734.40 w/GST (S$680.00) for Non-Subscriber
(Prices inclusive of GST at 8%, applicable before 1 Jan 2024)
• S$ 708.50 w/GST (S$650.00) for Community
• S$ 741.20 w/GST (S$680.00) for Non-Subscriber
(Price inclusive of GST at 9%, applicable with effect from 1 Jan 2024)
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• AEA International Holdings, Aetos Security Management, AIMT, Airfoil Technologies Intl - Singapore, American Power Conversion, AmFraser Securities, Arkema, Asian Electronic Technology, AXS, Baldor Electric (Asia)
• BCS Information Systems, Biomedical Sciences Institutes, Borouge, Broadway F&B Management, Beach Road Hotel (1886) Ltd
• Canon Singapore, CapitaLand, Central Provident Fund Board, Changi International Airport Services, City Developments, Civil Service College, Coca-Cola Singapore Beverages, Concordia Agritrading, CrimsonLogic
• DBS Bank, Defence Science & Technology Agency, Deluge Fire Protection (S.E.A), DSO National Laboratories
• Edgen Murray, EOS-Nanyang Technological University, Eu Yan Sang International
• F&N Coca-Cola (Singapore), Fossil Singapore, Fullerton Hotel, Singapore
• GAC (Singapore), Gemalto, Griffin Travel, Grocery Logistics of Singapore
• Holiday Tours & Travel, Hwa Chong Institution, Hermes-Epitek Corporation Pte Ltd
• Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Institute of High Performance Computing, Institute of Microelectronics, International Copper Association, International SOS
• JMS (S), JTC Corporation
• Keppel Corporation, Keppel Fels, Keppel Singmarine, Kester Components, KS Distribution
• Lion Global Investors, Lloyd'd Register Asia, L'Oréal Singapore
• Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Marina Mandarin Singapore, MCYS, Media Development Authority, Medtronic International, Mercer (Singapore), MINDEF/SAF HRSC, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Law, Ministry of Social and Family Development, Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific), MOH Holdings, Metta Welfare Association
• Nanyang Polytechnic, Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre of S'pore, National Council of Social Service, National Environment Agency, National Healthcare Group, National University of Singapore, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nippon Express (Singapore)
• Panasonic Semiconductor Singapore, Pepperl+Fuchs (Mfg), Perstorp Singapore, Power Automation, Prudential Corporation Asia, PT. Bredero Shaw Indonesia, Public Utilities Board
• Raffles Girls' School Secondary, RE&S Enterprises, Republic Polytechnic, Roper Southeast Asia LLC
• Sanden International (S), Schering-Plough, Schneider Electric South East Asia, Science Centre Singapore, Science Engineering, Sembawang Engineers and Constructors, Showa Denko HD, Siemens, Singapore Component, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore Management University, Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Tourism Board, SMOE, SSH Corporation, ST Aerospace, ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems), Starwood Customer Contact Centre, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Swissotel Merchant Court, Systemed Pte Ltd, Singapore (Cambodia) International Academy Co., Ltd, Straits Construction Singapore Pte Ltd
• Tesa Tape Asia Pacific, The American Club, The Jurong BirdPark, The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc, Thermal, Tiong Aik Contruction, TOUCH Community Services, Tru-Marine, The Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore
• Vantage International Management Company, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies (SEA), Vital.org