Conduct effective exit interviews and analyse its results and improve retention
The adages "Prevention is better than cure" and "Better late than never" can be applied to Human Capital Management as well: Prevent voluntary exit of valued employees is better than trying to find out why they have chosen to find greener pastures and when it does happen, it is better to be late than never to find out the reasons.
These are the precise purposes of exit interviews: to gather the exiting employees' feedback in order to improve the working conditions and the state of the organization so as to rectify anomalies to retain current employees. A well organized and executed exit process can greatly enhance the chances of obtaining the precious feedback to improve the situation.
During this one day program, participants will be provided with a comprehensive overview of the purposes and potential benefits of exit interviews. They will learn how to conduct an exit interview properly and effectively, create user friendly exit interviews forms and report the results of the interview results.
• To appreciate the importance of retention in Human Capital Management.
• To understand the purposes and potential benefits of exit interviews.
• To learn how to conduct an exit interview properly and effectively.
• To appreciate the importance of post exit interview follow-up actions to make it meaningful.
• Create user friendly exit interview forms.
• Report exit interview results.
• Why bother to conduct Exit Interviews? Why not conduct Stay Interviews in the first place?.
• The purpose and benefits of Exit Interviews.
• Different approaches to conducting exit interview.
• Steps for conducting exit interviews meaningfully and effectively.
• Why some exit interviews do not work and overcoming exit interview flaws.
• Developing relevant exit interview questions.
• Post mortem of exit interviews for necessary intervention, if required.
• Collecting exit interview results, analyze and report findings and recommendations.
• HR Managers, HR Executives, HR Officers and Assistants.
• Any employee who are required to conduct exit interview and/or have responsibility for improving or setting up the company's exit interview process.
Phak Sung is currently a management consultant helping companies to setup their HR functions and infrastructures; merge their policies and practices when they acquire companies; trouble shoot if they have organizational effectiveness issues; and design and deliver training or workshops such as cross-cultural communication, team building, strategic planning and change management, corporate governance and ethics, leadership skills etc.
He conducted a ten-day series of workshops for the Royal Bhutan Government's Ministries' Heads of HR in strategic planning, strategic staffing, and corporate governance. He was recently the keynote speaker in a forum on Human Capital Analytics in Manila organized by Assessment Analytics International. His topic was Measuring Human Capital Analytics for Business Growth.
Phak Sung lectured at a local institute in Strategic Planning and Change Management in the graduate diploma and diploma programs in Human Capital Management introducing the first ever Corporate Governance and Ethics program and was the only lecturer for this program. He also lectured on International Human Capital Management and Administrative Management for an Australian university's bachelor's degree programs. Phak Sung is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Phak Sung holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Economics from California State University, USA.
• 22 March 2018 - 18th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0000702.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• AEA International Holdings, Aetos Security Management, AIMT, Airfoil Technologies Intl - Singapore, American Power Conversion, AmFraser Securities, Arkema, Asian Electronic Technology, AXS, Baldor Electric (Asia).
• BCS Information Systems, Biomedical Sciences Institutes, Borouge, Broadway F&B Management, Beach Road Hotel (1886) Ltd.
• Canon Singapore, CapitaLand, Central Provident Fund Board, Changi International Airport Services, City Developments, Civil Service College, Coca-Cola Singapore Beverages, Concordia Agritrading, CrimsonLogic.
• DBS Bank, Defence Science & Technology Agency, Deluge Fire Protection (S.E.A), DSO National Laboratories.
• Edgen Murray, EOS-Nanyang Technological University, Eu Yan Sang International.
• F&N Coca-Cola (Singapore), Fossil Singapore, Fullerton Hotel, Singapore.
• GAC (Singapore), Gemalto, Griffin Travel, Grocery Logistics of Singapore.
• Holiday Tours & Travel, Hwa Chong Institution, Hermes-Epitek Corporation Pte Ltd.
• Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Institute of High Performance Computing, Institute of Microelectronics, International Copper Association, International SOS.
• JMS (S), JTC Corporation.
• Keppel Corporation, Keppel Fels, Keppel Singmarine, Kester Components, KS Distribution.
• Lion Global Investors, Lloyd'd Register Asia, L'Oréal Singapore.
• Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Marina Mandarin Singapore, MCYS, Media Development Authority, Medtronic International, Mercer (Singapore), MINDEF/SAF HRSC, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Law, Ministry of Social and Family Development, Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific), MOH Holdings, Metta Welfare Association.
• Nanyang Polytechnic, Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre of S'pore, National Council of Social Service, National Environment Agency, National Healthcare Group, National University of Singapore, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nippon Express (Singapore).
• Panasonic Semiconductor Singapore, Pepperl+Fuchs (Mfg), Perstorp Singapore, Power Automation, Prudential Corporation Asia, PT. Bredero Shaw Indonesia, Public Utilities Board.
• Raffles Girls' School Secondary, RE&S Enterprises, Republic Polytechnic, Roper Southeast Asia LLC.
• Sanden International (S), Schering-Plough, Schneider Electric South East Asia, Science Centre Singapore, Science Engineering, Sembawang Engineers and Constructors, Showa Denko HD, Siemens, Singapore Component, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore Management University, Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Tourism Board, SMOE, SSH Corporation, ST Aerospace, ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems), Starwood Customer Contact Centre, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Swissotel Merchant Court, Systemed Pte Ltd.
• Tesa Tape Asia Pacific, The American Club, The Jurong BirdPark, The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc, Thermal, Tiong Aik Contruction, TOUCH Community Services, Tru-Marine.
• Vantage International Management Company, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies (SEA), Vital.org.