Conduct effective exit interviews and analyse its results and improve retention
The adages "Prevention is better than cure" and "Better late than never" can be applied to Human Capital Management as well: Prevent voluntary exit of valued employees is better than trying to find out why they have chosen to find greener pastures and when it does happen, it is better to be late than never to find out the reasons.
These are the precise purposes of exit interviews: to gather the exiting employees' feedback in order to improve the working conditions and the state of the organization so as to rectify anomalies to retain current employees. A well organized and executed exit process can greatly enhance the chances of obtaining the precious feedback to improve the situation.
During this one day program, participants will be provided with a comprehensive overview of the purposes and potential benefits of exit interviews. They will learn how to conduct an exit interview properly and effectively, create user friendly exit interviews forms and report the results of the interview results.
• To recognize both financial and non-financial impact caused by the loss of talent.
• To appreciate the importance of retention in Human Capital Management.
• To understand the purposes and potential benefits of Exit Interviews.
• To avoid common pitfalls of the Exit Interviews.
• To prepare and study how to conduct an exit interview properly and effectively.
• To identify important data, collate and dissect them for meaningful follow-up actions.
• Create user friendly exit interview forms.
• Report exit interview results.
• The Costs of Employee Turnover to Organizations.
• Reasons for Employee Turnover.
• Why conduct Exit Interviews? Why not conduct Stay Interviews in the first place?
• The purpose and benefits of Exit Interviews.
• When to conduct Exit Interviews?
• Why some Exit Interviews fail?
• Setup and steps to conducting exit interviews meaningfully and effectively.
• Developing relevant Exit Interview questions and procedure.
• Essential skills for conducting the Exit Interview
• Analyzing data collected from Exit Interviews, reporting on findings and making recommendations.
Who should attend
• HR Managers, HR Executives, HR Officers and Assistants.
• Any employee who are required to conduct exit interview and/or have responsibility for improving or setting up the company's exit interview process.
Sin Lin Li is a seasoned Human Resource practitioner with more than 15 years of experience in the field. She has held HR generalist roles in top MNCs in various industries ranging from electronic, chemical, logistics, pharmaceutical to food & beverage manufacturing. Lin Li has solid experience in providing effective resolution to HR common day-to-day operational challenges and is the brainchild behind countless strategic cum tactical HR solutions implemented. Her knowledge and skills is largely broad-based and her involvement in training spans from training material development, train-the-trainer programmes to stand-up delivery. Besides leadership, HR and soft-skills training, Lin Li is experienced in conducting career coaching, mentoring and counselling.
Lin Li is currently providing HR consultancy services to SMEs in their People Management cum HR competencies and capabilities building and conducting training and coaching in leadership and HR subjects.
Lin Li holds a Master Degree in Human Resource Management, Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Graduate Diploma in Marketing. In recent years, with her increased interest in the area of Adult Education, Lin Li has also acquired the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA).
• 28 March 2019 (18th Run) - Rescheduled
• 30 August 2019 (19th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0000702.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• AEA International Holdings, Aetos Security Management, AIMT, Airfoil Technologies Intl - Singapore, American Power Conversion, AmFraser Securities, Arkema, Asian Electronic Technology, AXS, Baldor Electric (Asia).
• BCS Information Systems, Biomedical Sciences Institutes, Borouge, Broadway F&B Management, Beach Road Hotel (1886) Ltd.
• Canon Singapore, CapitaLand, Central Provident Fund Board, Changi International Airport Services, City Developments, Civil Service College, Coca-Cola Singapore Beverages, Concordia Agritrading, CrimsonLogic.
• DBS Bank, Defence Science & Technology Agency, Deluge Fire Protection (S.E.A), DSO National Laboratories.
• Edgen Murray, EOS-Nanyang Technological University, Eu Yan Sang International.
• F&N Coca-Cola (Singapore), Fossil Singapore, Fullerton Hotel, Singapore.
• GAC (Singapore), Gemalto, Griffin Travel, Grocery Logistics of Singapore.
• Holiday Tours & Travel, Hwa Chong Institution, Hermes-Epitek Corporation Pte Ltd.
• Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Institute of High Performance Computing, Institute of Microelectronics, International Copper Association, International SOS.
• JMS (S), JTC Corporation.
• Keppel Corporation, Keppel Fels, Keppel Singmarine, Kester Components, KS Distribution.
• Lion Global Investors, Lloyd'd Register Asia, L'Oréal Singapore.
• Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Marina Mandarin Singapore, MCYS, Media Development Authority, Medtronic International, Mercer (Singapore), MINDEF/SAF HRSC, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Law, Ministry of Social and Family Development, Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific), MOH Holdings, Metta Welfare Association.
• Nanyang Polytechnic, Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre of S'pore, National Council of Social Service, National Environment Agency, National Healthcare Group, National University of Singapore, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nippon Express (Singapore).
• Panasonic Semiconductor Singapore, Pepperl+Fuchs (Mfg), Perstorp Singapore, Power Automation, Prudential Corporation Asia, PT. Bredero Shaw Indonesia, Public Utilities Board.
• Raffles Girls' School Secondary, RE&S Enterprises, Republic Polytechnic, Roper Southeast Asia LLC.
• Sanden International (S), Schering-Plough, Schneider Electric South East Asia, Science Centre Singapore, Science Engineering, Sembawang Engineers and Constructors, Showa Denko HD, Siemens, Singapore Component, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore Management University, Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Tourism Board, SMOE, SSH Corporation, ST Aerospace, ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems), Starwood Customer Contact Centre, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Swissotel Merchant Court, Systemed Pte Ltd.
• Tesa Tape Asia Pacific, The American Club, The Jurong BirdPark, The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc, Thermal, Tiong Aik Contruction, TOUCH Community Services, Tru-Marine.
• Vantage International Management Company, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies (SEA), Vital.org.