HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Extra Day for Public Holidays Falling on Saturday
Dear HR Professionals,
The 2nd day of Chinese New Year in 2018 falls on a Saturday. Would you mind sharing what is the policy at your company?
- Do you give one extra leave?
- Do you have one day where everyone is off together?
- Is it a common practice even though for a example some employees (eg PMETs) are not covered by employment act?
Hoping to push for this extra day in mine, thank you for your help!
As per Company Policy, we provide an additional day of AL for all staff, regardless of whether they're covered by EA or not.
The 2nd day of Lunar New Year in 2018 falls on a Saturday, we give one day annual leave in lieu to all staff.
Yes, if the holiday falls on a rest day, we would credit one day Off In Lieu_Public Holiday. They will need to finish up this leave in 3 months time. It applies to all employee across the board.
We get 1 day Off-in-lieu credited into the leave system for us when a PH falls on Saturday.
It’s in our policy that if a public holiday falls on Saturday, 1 day will be credited to the employees as Off-in-lieu immediately after the public holiday. This Off-in-lieu leave must be taken within 3 months after which it will be forfeited if not consumed.
We will credit all staff with one day leave as we are on a 5 day working week.
We credit one additional day of annual leave for all staff who do not work on Saturdays (off day), regardless whether they are covered by employment act.
We will credit 1 day leave for employee, but they are required to use within the next 3 months.
We are on a 5 day work week. When a public holiday falls on a Saturday, our staff will get 1 day off in lieu of the public holiday which have to be taken within 1 month. Any off-in-lieu not taken within the month will be forfeited.
We do not provide 1 day extra leave to staff. However, our office is closed on 19 February to replace the off-in-lieu on Saturday public holiday. This applies to all employees whether they are covered or not covered by the Employment Act.
We work on 5 days week, any PH falls on a Saturday, the following Monday would be OFF day for all.
We credit one day leave for all employees and they must utilize this off-in-lieu by end of the year.
POST YOUR MESSAGE TO THE HR COMMUNITY BELOW
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.