HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Handling Staff Punctuality
Hi HR practitioners,
May I know how does your Company handle staff punctuality issue?
Besides scheduling a one to one meeting with staff to show the Attendance records on lateness, warning letter etc, do you also adopt alternatives:-
1) To request staff to make up for the total time they were late for the month.
2) Deduct salary to deter such poor tardiness according to minutes/hours loss accumulated for the month.
3) Salary increment/performance bonus will be affected.
Await your valued sharing.
1) To ask the staff about the root cause of lateness in order to cope with flexible means.
2) Firstly, no deduct salary to deter such poor tardiness according to minutes/hours loss accumulated for the month. He/she should have a chance to improve behavioural change. Secondly, if it persists as accustomed, it will be deducted salary. Finally, there are no other alternatives, just take necessary disciplinary action in compliance with the prescribed policy. Equity and valid action.
3) Salary increment/performance bonus won’t be affected at the initial period.
You have covered pretty much.
As we are an office environment, we allow flexible working hours as per the employees' situation.
Recent HR Community Posts
Join the HR Community forum to connect with HR peers, share insights, access HR resources, and enhance your expertise. Elevate your HR career today! Continue reading
Are employers in Singapore liable for medical claims related to mental health for foreign workers? Can they put a cap or co-pay their medical claims? Continue reading
Craft fair, transparent policies for background checks & job offer withdrawals—compliant, consistent, and ethical practices in hiring decisions. Continue reading
Our archives are a treasure trove of current and previous discussions that provide valuable insights and information to help you make better HR decisions. Continue reading
HR executives can use Thanksgiving Day to strengthen relationships within the workplace and create a positive and appreciative atmosphere for employees. Continue reading
If my office has a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), what policy should I set in order not to infringe on the law? Do I need to display signage about the CCTV? Continue reading