HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Handling Staff Punctuality
Hi HR practitioners,
May I know how does your Company handle staff punctuality issue?
Besides scheduling a one to one meeting with staff to show the Attendance records on lateness, warning letter etc, do you also adopt alternatives:-
1) To request staff to make up for the total time they were late for the month.
2) Deduct salary to deter such poor tardiness according to minutes/hours loss accumulated for the month.
3) Salary increment/performance bonus will be affected.
Await your valued sharing.
1) To ask the staff about the root cause of lateness in order to cope with flexible means.
2) Firstly, no deduct salary to deter such poor tardiness according to minutes/hours loss accumulated for the month. He/she should have a chance to improve behavioural change. Secondly, if it persists as accustomed, it will be deducted salary. Finally, there are no other alternatives, just take necessary disciplinary action in compliance with the prescribed policy. Equity and valid action.
3) Salary increment/performance bonus won’t be affected at the initial period.
You have covered pretty much.
As we are an office environment, we allow flexible working hours as per the employees' situation.
Recent HR Community Posts
Secondments provide a way for organisations to share resources and expertise and can be a valuable opportunity for employees to gain new skills and experiences. Continue reading→
Employee Holding Two Titles
Allowing an employee to hold two job titles should be a case-by-case basis, based on performance, workload, compensation, and company's operations. Continue reading→
Sister Entity Employee
If an employee is going to hold another position in a sister entity, it is important to follow the proper HR procedures to ensure a smooth transition. Continue reading→
Increment Range Factors
To determine the range of increment, consider the financial situation, employee performance, industry standards, market competition, and the cost of living. Continue reading→
When and under what circumstances is severance pay given and can a company remove severance pay if it was given previously. Continue reading→