While world leaders are concerned about the Wuhan Virus and its spread throughout the world, World Health Organization (WHO) has now declared that we have entered a global emergency. Companies are gearing towards disruption in workplaces, delays in delivery and lapses in manufacturing output. The Minister of Manpower has started to caution employers in preparing for the business contingencies and necessary work-place behaviors. Similarly, HR must ramp up its effort into making the workplace ready to cater for these emergences.
Whether you are managing an HR department or a project team, it is important to know how to prepare your workplaces to get the work done without disruptions. This HALF DAY workshop is to assist HR practitioners to prepare for these eventualities as the Trainer will be sharing with the participants on his experiences who has successfully ride through the SARs era. The session will focus on the essential preparations that HR needs and the participants will learn how to better prepare their workforce for the Business Contingency Planning (BCP) or any of these events.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available. Travel Declaration Form will be sent to all participants prior to the training sessions)
(Social Distancing: There will be less participants at each table and comfortable seating space at the lunch area)
• Understanding the impact of the Wuhan virus epidemic affecting your workforce in Singapore and in the region, if you have regional responsibilities.
• Ensuring daily hygiene factors, temperature screening, reporting, identifying of critical staffing affecting the daily operations.
• Setting up of essential HR related polices with reference to Business Continuity Planning. What are some to these and how to affect them in times of need?
• Preparations for work rescheduling of essential workforce, workplace mobility and movement. Addressing affected staff who may have been affected by the virus or under isolation or quarantine.
• Sharing about the preparations when undergoing SARs at the workplaces.
• Factors or considerations in determining organizational preparedness.
• Essential reporting, HR preparations, workplace behavior and addressing isolated employees.
• Business Contingency Planning together with overall Operations to cater for workforce planning, mobility planning and critical staff manning. Supply chains, and customers affecting business continuity.
• Guidelines for traveling employees.
• Some essential HR policies and governance.
• Q & A session
Who should attend
• HR Executives and Managers, Regional HR practitioners, Managers and Supervisors
Adrian Wong has more than 25 years of experience as a Senior Regional HR Professional with many years of experience in diverse industries especially manufacturing, food and beverage, FMCG, Supply Chain, freight and logistics, consultancy and Information, education, financial ratings and research sectors.
Adrian has worked as the Corporate HR Director, Asia Pacific for McGraw Hill Companies, Vice-President HR for EGL Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Vice-President HR International Division for Japfa International Pte Ltd, Regional HR and Quality Director, Exel Way & QSHE Director for MSAS/Exel/DHL, Personnel Manager for Motorola Electronics and General Motors.
He covers more than 12 countries in Asia Pacific from India to Japan, China and down south to New Zealand. He led HR teams in different countries reporting to him and covered the full spectrum of HR activities: talent acquisition, total rewards, training and development including change management, HR Operations and benefits for the region. His experience covers a number of Mergers and Acquisitions, takeovers, HR workforce restructuring, corporate social responsibility, HR Outsourcing, Employee communications, Industrial and Union negotiation, etc. His training experience includes Corporate Internal Trainer for Management Leadership Programs, leadership programs for First Line managers, Business Development programs, leadership transition programs.
While he was with the Supply Chain Industry, he has responsibility over Quality, Safety and Environment covering Asia pacific countries and directs ISO Quality certification programs, 1800 safety management and 1400 Environment programs for the group. He also developed the leadership management program jointly with NUS Business Management School for young leaders and covered the Exel Way launch for Asia.
Adrian is a certified DISC and DDI facilitator and was also a part time lecturer for an Australian University for its Bachelor and Masters programs (International Human Resource Management Modules) and a local Institute for its Human Resource Management, Training & Development and Strategic Management programs.
Adrian possesses a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters of Arts in Human Development. He also possesses Diplomas in Management Consultancy, Marketing, Industrial Management, Human Resource, Quality and Production Engineering.
Adrian has successfully completed the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA). He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• Date to be advised (3rd Run)
Duration / Venue
• Half day
• 9 am to 1 pm
• Hotel Grand Pacific Singapore
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 250 for Community
• S$ 280 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Informative on the current situation. Well organized!" - Yap Yi Fang, Tata Communications International Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Aryzta Singapore Pte Ltd, ARA Management Pte Ltd
• Battery Power International Pte Ltd, Bio-Rad Laboratories (S) Pte Ltd
• KellyOCG Singapore Pte Ltd
• Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore)
• Tata Communications International Pte Ltd, The Work Project Management Pte Ltd
• U Distribution Pte Ltd