This workshop introduces legislation and best practice strategies and policies to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace.
In the on-going battle to recruit and retain the right staff, employers are increasingly recognising that their employees are looking to the company and its managers to provide a bully free/harassment free working place.
As part of the legal framework, The Protection from Harassment Act came into effect in November 2014 in Singapore. It places a number of challenges on HR professionals and managers and also employees, both now and in the future.
This one day seminar will introduce you to the legislation and its background and offer a number of best practice strategies and policies to deal with bullying and harassment.
• To understand the challenges and implications of the Protection from Harassment Act 2014, and the thinking behind it.
• To develop best practice strategies and training for combating bullying and harassment.
• To establish a workplace culture to deal with bullying and harassment.
• Definition of Bullying and Harassment.
• Understanding Singapore’s anti-harassment laws.
• Recognising the challenges and limitations of the legislation in the work place.
• Handling and managing a workplace investigation using a step-by step guide.
• Dealing with difficult and complex scenarios.
• Establishing a HR Policy on bullying and harassment.
• Understanding the importance of prevention, including implementation and training.
• Developing and maintaining the work place culture.
• Recognising the importance of management style.
• Appreciating the role of social media/technology in bullying and harassment.
• Designing comprehensive work place policies to deal with online behavior.
• Leveraging international best practice strategies.
Who should attend
• Anyone who would like to understand how to deal with workplace bullying and harassment
• Date to be advised
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options