Business Continuity Planning Workshop for HR Professionals
This Business Continuity Planning workshop is designed for HR professionals to learn how to ensure organisational resilience during disruptions. Gain practical skills and knowledge to develop and implement effective continuity plans.
Every country, company, and person is wondering how to recover from COVID-19. In fact, every organisation is trying to cope with disruption in workplaces, delays in delivery and lapses in manufacturing output.
The responsibility for ensuring the workplace is prepared and can cater to disruptions and even emergencies often lies with the HR department and its managers.
Whether you are managing an HR department or a project team, it is important to know how to prepare your workplace to get the work done without interruptions.
This workshop will assist HR practitioners to prepare for events like COVID-19 and other scenarios by carrying out Business Contingency Planning (BCP).
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• To understand the impact of business continuity planning (BCP) when it occurs.
• To understand how HR can be an effective partner during BCP.
• Understanding what Crisis Management Team is and how HR can play its role here.
• Activation of different scenarios and case studies and group exercises to put these programs where HR can play its vital role.
• Define what’s essential for HR in supporting the business during BCP.
• The necessary preparations to be put in action, in particular, communications.
• Essential HR services and what these are.
• Support for remote working, shifts, and work rescheduling.
• Caring for the health, welfare, and morale of affected employees under isolation, and lockdown.
• Setting up of essential HR-related policies with reference to Business Continuity Planning.
• The reality facing employers and how to cope.
• The essential HR functions moving forward.
• How HR BCP works with other functions like operations, manufacturing to cater to workplace and mobility planning and critical staff manning.
• BCP for the future.
• Understanding what Crisis Management as part of BCP is and how HR can play its vital function here.
• Some exercises and role play using different scenarios to prepare HR leadership into the preparation mode to get BCP going with the Crisis Management Team.
• Q & A session
Who should attend
• HR Executives and Managers, Regional HR practitioners, Managers and Supervisors responsible for BCP.
Adrian Wong has more than 25 years of experience as a Senior Regional HR Professional with many years of experience in diverse industries especially manufacturing, food and beverage, FMCG, Supply Chain, freight and logistics, consultancy and Information, education, financial ratings and research sectors.
Adrian has worked as the Corporate HR Director, Asia Pacific for McGraw Hill Companies, Vice-President HR for EGL Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Vice-President HR International Division for Japfa International Pte Ltd, Regional HR and Quality Director, Exel Way & QSHE Director for MSAS/Exel/DHL, Personnel Manager for Motorola Electronics and General Motors.
He covers more than 12 countries in Asia Pacific from India to Japan, China and down south to New Zealand. He led HR teams in different countries reporting to him and covered the full spectrum of HR activities: talent acquisition, total rewards, training and development including change management, HR Operations and benefits for the region. His experience covers a number of Mergers and Acquisitions, takeovers, HR workforce restructuring, corporate social responsibility, HR Outsourcing, Employee communications, Industrial and Union negotiation, etc. His training experience includes Corporate Internal Trainer for Management Leadership Programs, leadership programs for First Line managers, Business Development programs, leadership transition programs.
While he was with the Supply Chain Industry, he has responsibility over Quality, Safety and Environment covering Asia pacific countries and directs ISO Quality certification programs, 1800 safety management and 1400 Environment programs for the group. He also developed the leadership management program jointly with NUS Business Management School for young leaders and covered the Exel Way launch for Asia.
Adrian is a certified DISC and DDI facilitator and was also a part time lecturer for an Australian University for its Bachelor and Masters programs (International Human Resource Management Modules) and a local Institute for its Human Resource Management, Training & Development and Strategic Management programs.
Adrian possesses a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters of Arts in Human Development. He also possesses Diplomas in Management Consultancy, Marketing, Industrial Management, Human Resource, Quality and Production Engineering.
Adrian has successfully completed the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA). He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• 30 August 2023 (2nd Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$561.60 w/GST (S$520.00) for Community
• S$594.00 w/GST (S$550.00) for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Ministry of Home Affairs