As a HR professional, businesses and management teams look to you for your expertise. Whether it is to improve efficiencies, introduce new ways of thinking and identify cost reductions or to solve a particular business problem.
If you need to build business relationships with stakeholders in your organisation, understand their business goals, needs and wants, recommend solutions, collaborate and influence them, build their ownership and commitment to take systematic implementation, then you need to operate in an internal consulting capacity and expected to be ‘internal consultants’ to line managers and senior managers.
This course will help participants to learn and practice to shift the mindset and behaviour from managing daily HR administration tasks to a more strategic role of the HR business partner of the organization. It focuses on the skills that participants need to adopt; an internal consulting approach to business issues, being able to perform effectively and be seen by line executives, managers and employees as a critical partner to the business.
Face-to-face training has resumed with safe distancing measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses and apologise if we are unable to accept your registration if the course status shows "Confirmed & Closed".
• Establish norms for building a high performing HR advisory team
• Clarify their various roles and goals in the organisation
• Use consulting tools and processes to achieve business results
• Identify best practices in building partnership between HR and the Line
• Create initiatives to manage the essential and strategic changes in HR practices
• Develop professional consulting services to truly partner the business
• Ensure HR business partners increase credibility and their value to the organisation
• Take a systems approach in leading HR projects and assignments
• What an Internal Consultant does?
• Internal and external consulting differences and similarities
• Skills and competencies of an internal consultant
• Strategic importance of engaging HR in business decision
• Apply a systematic 8 steps internal consulting model
• Diagnose situations to determine the client's need
• Provide HR guidance and consulting with other business functions
• How to give honest feedback to internal clients
• Develop a proposal plan of recommendations
• Contracting with stakeholders for success
• Increase your strategic business savviness
• Develop strong business intelligence
• Analyse stakeholders to engage effectively
• Communicate HR policies to the organization
• Building trusting relationship with internal and external clients
• Taking an integrative approach in value adding
• Facilitate the management team in the consulting process
• Apply techniques to close the assignment and demonstrate tangible results
• Execute a HR initiative professionally from start to completion
Learning Tools and Strategies
• Templates and Checklists to facilitate a systematic internal consulting process
• Specific and relevant case studies
• Triad activities and discussions
• Role modeling exercises
• Simulation of business consultations
• Facilitator led discussions
• Self reflection exercises
• Leading practice examples
• E polling
Who should attend
• HR professionals who wish to move from a administrative or operational role into a business partnering model to become effective internal consultants
Arnold Chan has over 20 years of organization development critical experiences while working at three global organisations with a strong Pan Asia presence. He has led several strategic initiatives ranging from balanced scorecard performance management system and regional competency development framework to talent management programmes in this region.
While at Standard Chartered Bank, he was a lead facilitator for their global future leaders programme. As a certified Gallup strengths coach he engaged senior managers and high potentials to help them discover their signature themes and align them to business priorities. Arnold was instrumental in spearheading key HR programmes aligned to the Business Excellence framework that led Standard Chartered Bank to achieve the prestigious Asia Human Capital Award for Talent Management.
At DBS Bank, Arnold led the HR balanced scorecard implementation, delivered performance coaching and review workshops for Vice Presidents and senior managers across the Group. Prior to this, he was the Fuji Xerox country representative and HR working committee leader in developing the Asia Pacific Competency Development System. Arnold also revised the performance appraisal system at Fuji Xerox Singapore to meet the People Developer Standard. As a result Fuji Xerox was accorded 6 stars in the People Developer Standard award.
His management exposures spanned across industries. From the public to the private sector and from global financial institutions to multinational corporations. Besides Singapore, he has developed executives from USA, India, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Arnold holds an MBA and a BBA with Distinction and he is also a Certified Strengths Coach. He also holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA). He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• Date to be advised (New!)
Duration / Venue
• Two days
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 1050 for Community
• S$ 1080 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options