Enhance your capabilities by taking you through a step-by-step process of conducting analytics for maximum impact and effectiveness
The value of using analytics for HR comes from its power to combine information from diverse data sources like CVs, recommendation letters, social media profiles, personality test results and offer a comprehensive result which can even compare the fitness of the candidate with the team and the company’s culture.
Utilising all the information we have gathered to take the best decision for the future. By harnessing the power of numbers, the HR process becomes more efficient, and we can measure an increase in quality and accurately predict some outcomes.
In this one day training, the trainer will help enhance the participants’ capabilities by taking them through a step-by-step process of conducting analytics for maximum impact and effectiveness, while making sure that the participants are given the details, via relevant case studies, to get it done right.
• The Future of HR and Workforce Analytics
• Understanding of HR Metrics/Analytics
• Data relationship, interpretation and insights
• Benchmarking as a tool in analytics
• Moving from HR Analytics to Strategic Workforce Analytics
• The applications of HR Analytics to business outcomes
1. Understand key principles in data management
- Types of data and what is big data
- Essentials in statistical methods
- Collecting data - challenges and solutions
2. Explain HR data analytics in current and future business environment
- The future of HR
- HR’s contribution to the business
- From data to insights
3. Apply segmentation, co relationship and dependencies to HR data
- The benefits of segmentation
- Workforce segmentation and suggested approach
- Case study workout
4. Work with your Stakeholders
- Setting up a business case
- Map out your key stakeholders
- Determine their requirements and impact
5. Design, categorise and implement the metrics
- KRAs, KPIs and Metrics
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Types of HR metrics
- Samples and more samples
Who should attend
• HR Executives; HR Supervisors; OD and L&D Managers; HR Business Partners and Business Managers who have people responsibilities and reporting.
• Brief presentations
• Metrics exercises
• Group exercises
• Relevant end to end case studies
• Leading practices and modelling exercises
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Demystify common myths on HR analytics
• Work with real case studies to build relevance back at work
• Take on fresh perspectives on metrics and reporting
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• Should only large corporations benefit from HR Analytics?
• How can I apply the principles and practices back at my workplace?
• What I need to know in order to start applying a HR Analytics model?
Arnold Chan has over 20 years of organization development critical experiences while working at three global organisations with a strong Pan Asia presence. He has lead several strategic initiatives ranging from balanced scorecard performance management system and regional competency development framework to talent management programmes in this region.
While at Standard Chartered Bank, he was a lead facilitator for their global future leaders programme. As a certified Gallup strengths coach he engaged senior managers and high potentials to help them discover their signature themes and align them to business priorities. Arnold was instrumental in spearheading key HR programmes aligned to the Business Excellence framework that led Standard Chartered Bank to achieve the prestigious Asia Human Capital Award for Talent Management.
At DBS Bank, Arnold lead the HR balanced scorecard implementation, delivered performance coaching and review workshops for Vice Presidents and senior managers across the Group. Prior this, he was the Fuji Xerox country representative and HR working committee leader in developing the Asia Pacific Competency Development System. Arnold also revised the performance appraisal system at Fuji Xerox Singapore to meet the People Developer Standard. As a result Fuji Xerox was accorded 6 stars in the People Developer Standard award.
His management exposures spanned across industries. From the public to the private sector and from global financial institutions to multinational corporations. Besides Singapore, he has developed executives from USA, India, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. Arnold holds an MBA and a BBA with Distinction and he is also a Certified Strengths Coach. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• 1 October 2019 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options