Enhance your capabilities by taking you through a step-by-step process of conducting analytics for maximum impact and effectiveness
The topic of analytics has been given a lot of attention lately and rightfully so. It affords leaders/practitioners an opportunity to show the direct impact of their people processes and initiatives on business outcomes.
Important decisions relating to enhancing people’s capability must be data-based and evidence based using people related metrics. The approaches of HR analytics have become key tools to surface key issues and provide directions and options to enhance people related decisions to achieve business results.
This workshop will help enhance your capabilities by taking you through a step-by-step process of conducting analytics for maximum impact and effectiveness, while making sure that we give you the details, via relevant case studies, to get it done right. The trainer will clearly articulate a step-by-step process for making these connections to demonstrate the business impact of its investments on departments/functions within organizations.
• Understand The Future of HR and workforce analytics
• Experience different types of HR Metrics / Analytics
• Determine data sources and metrics for HR matters
• Apply data availability in the entire Employment Lifecycle
• Take practical approaches and costs of collecting HR related data
• Build data relationship, interpretation and insights
• Adopt process management in cause and effect analysis
• Use benchmarking as a tool in analytics
• Describe different approaches to Analytics Models
• Progress from HR Analytics to Strategic Workforce Analytics
• Explain applications of HR Analytics to business impact and outcomes
• Effectively present and report on HR metrics and offer valuable insights
• Key considerations in presenting HR reports
• Key principles in data management
- Types of data and what is big data
- Essentials in statistical methods
- Collecting data - challenges and solutions
• HR data analytics in current and future business environment
- The future of HR
- HR’s contribution to the business
- From data to insights
- The L.A.M.P. approach
• Power of segmentation, co-relationship and dependencies to HR data
- The benefits of segmentation
- Workforce segmentation and suggested approach
- Examples of the power of segmentation
- Case study workout
• Stakeholders analysis and engagement
- Setting up a business case
- Map out your key stakeholders
- Determine their requirements and impact
• A step by step people analytics process
- Blumberg’s model for Talent Analytics
- 7 step model to conduct effective people analytics
- Apply to a major case study in a retail chain
• Design, categorise and implement the metrics
- KRAs, KPIs and Metrics
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Types of HR metrics
- Samples and more samples
• Effective reporting on people analytics
- Visualisation considerations
- Effective Storytelling features
- Tools for creating greater impact
• Closer look at Measurable ROI approach
- Don’t get too hang up with ROIs
- Qualitative versus Quantitative measures
- Case study approach
Who should attend
• Senior HR Executives; HR Supervisors; HR Managers; HR Business Partners and Business Managers who have people responsibilities and reporting.
• Brief presentations
• Metrics exercises
• Group exercises
• Relevant end to end case studies
• Leading practices and modelling exercises
Arnold Chan has over 20 years of organization development critical experiences while working at three global organisations with a strong Pan Asia presence. He has lead several strategic initiatives ranging from balanced scorecard performance management system and regional competency development framework to talent management programmes in this region.
While at Standard Chartered Bank, he was a lead facilitator for their global future leaders programme. As a certified Gallup strengths coach he engaged senior managers and high potentials to help them discover their signature themes and align them to business priorities. Arnold was instrumental in spearheading key HR programmes aligned to the Business Excellence framework that led Standard Chartered Bank to achieve the prestigious Asia Human Capital Award for Talent Management.
At DBS Bank, Arnold lead the HR balanced scorecard implementation, delivered performance coaching and review workshops for Vice Presidents and senior managers across the Group. Prior this, he was the Fuji Xerox country representative and HR working committee leader in developing the Asia Pacific Competency Development System. Arnold also revised the performance appraisal system at Fuji Xerox Singapore to meet the People Developer Standard. As a result Fuji Xerox was accorded 6 stars in the People Developer Standard award.
His management exposures spanned across industries. From the public to the private sector and from global financial institutions to multinational corporations. Besides Singapore, he has developed executives from USA, India, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. Arnold holds an MBA and a BBA with Distinction and he is also a Certified Strengths Coach. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• Two days
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 950 for Community
• S$ 980 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options