Learn and Apply the HR Balanced Scorecard
Beginning with the essentials of a strategic HR alignment and continuing into the practical aspects of a corporate scorecard. This workshop covers broadly the balanced scorecard topics – strategic change management, strategic planning, objectives and strategy mapping, performance measures and target setting, strategic initiative prioritization, criteria of effective measures, cascading, and strategic management.
Fully consistent with basic balanced scorecard concepts & terminology developed by Kaplan & Norton, the training covers realistic scorecard development in private business, government, and non-profit organizations.
Participants will get hands-on practice using a simple, step-by-step process for developing a HR scorecard system which they can fine tune upon return to their workplace.
• A clear understanding of HR value add to the business.
• Develop a strong alignment of HR strategies to corporate & business imperatives.
• Integrate HR Scorecard to Business Scorecard meaningfully.
• Distinguish between Leading and lagging indicators.
• Key considerations in identifying measures of success.
• Auditing HR practices, professionals and function.
• Developing the scorecard using the 4 BSC value propositions.
1. Examine best practices and discuss an actual case study.
2. Identify drivers for a HR Balance Scorecard.
3. Understand the link to the corporate Balanced Scorecard.
4. Prioritise the significant HR Component.
5. Examine the value of the HR Measurements.
6. Develop a range of HR Practice Measures.
7. Overcoming the challenges of using the Balanced Scorecard.
8. Simulate the development of a HR Balanced Scorecard.
Who should attend
• HR Professionals
Arnold Chan has over 20 years of organization development critical experiences while working at three global organisations with a strong Pan Asia presence. He has lead several strategic initiatives ranging from balanced scorecard performance management system and regional competency development framework to talent management programmes in this region.
While at Standard Chartered Bank, he was a lead facilitator for their global future leaders programme. As a certified Gallup strengths coach he engaged senior managers and high potentials to help them discover their signature themes and align them to business priorities. Arnold was instrumental in spearheading the Global Mentoring programme at Standard Chartered and was successfully rolled out to Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
At DBS Bank, Arnold lead the HR balanced scorecard implementation, delivered performance coaching and review workshops for Vice Presidents and senior managers across the Group. Prior this, he was the Fuji Xerox country representative and HR working committee leader in developing the Asia Pacific Competency Development System. Arnold also revised the performance appraisal system at Fuji Xerox Singapore to meet the People Developer Standard. As a result Fuji Xerox was accorded 6 stars in the People Developer Standard award.
His management exposures spanned across industries. From the public to the private sector and from global financial institutions to multinational corporations. Besides Singapore, he has developed executives from USA, India, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Arnold holds an MBA and a BBA with Distinction and he is also a Certified Strengths Coach. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• Date to be advised
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options