Major items of employment legislation and link them to the day to day practical handling of human resources issues in India
The continuing growth of the Indian economy provides significant business opportunities but for many HR professionals it represents a major challenge – a new and different legal framework, coupled with differing approaches to managing people.
This one day seminar will introduce you to the major items of employment legislation and link them to the day to day practical handling of human resources issues in India.
• Introduction to major items of employment legislation.
• Linking employment legislation to the day to day practical handling of human resources issues in India.
• Conditions Of Service.
• Compensation and Benefits.
• Contract Labour.
• Industrial Relations and Disputes.
• Trade Union Acts.
• Factories Act.
• Wage Agreements.
• Employee Welfare.
• Employees Provident Fund.
• Workmen's Compensation.
• Minimum Wages.
• Termination of Employment and Redundancy.
• Disciplinary proceedings.
• Employment of women and children.
• Social Security and Information Technology.
• Expatriates into/from India and Managing Indian employees on shore/off shore.
Who should attend
• HR & Non HR directors.
• Managers, Officers, Executives.
• Assistants who deal with or will be handling HR matters in India.
Mr. Ian Butler's generalist HR experience spans more than 25 years, living and working in both European and Asian settings. Previous positions in Asia have included Regional HR Leadership for both Alfa Laval and Franklin Templeton, covering Asia, Middle East, Sub Saharan Africa and Oceania; his principal focus was senior executive development and coaching. Ian also spent 3 years in India, setting up a back office HR data unit for the worldwide Alfa Laval Group.
Prior to his 7 years with Alfa Laval, Ian was Senior Vice President, Human Resources, for ABB/ Adtranz for 16 years in UK and Germany. His responsibilities included major restructuring and leading a significant change in HR strategy.
During his career and especially during his management of two large sized HR functions (numbering 50+ and 100+ HR professionals respectively) Ian has led a number of formal mentoring programmes.
Ian is a graduate in Business Studies and HR from London UK. He specializes in executive coaching and international assignment solutions.
• Date to be advised - 19th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "The trainer is able to make the participant feel at ease and encourage sharing." - Willy Chen, MWH Consultants (S) Pte Ltd
• "Good seminar." - Loo Bee Chien, ABSG Consulting Inc.
• "The seminar was interesting." - Jerene Ang, First Data International
Past Participant Organisations
• Abacus International, ABSG Consulting Inc., Adknowledge Asia Pacific, Aeroflex Asia, AET Tankers, Aida Stamping Technology, Ascendas Land, ASEAN Cableship, Aspentech, Axis Communications (S).
• Baker Atlas, Baker Hughes Inteq, Bank Julius Baer & Co., Barclays Capital Global Services Singapore, BBS Electronics, Bloomberg LP, Broadway Malyan Asia, Bulgari South Asian Operations.
• CapitaLand Commercial, CapitaLand Retail, Careerbuilder (Singapore), Cargill Asia Pacific Holdings, CGGVeritas (Veritas Geophysical Asia Pacific), Chemtura Singapore, Chevron Phillips Chemicals Asia, Chevron Texaco, Criteo, Cordlife Group, Coface Services South Asia Pacific, CommScope Solutions Singapore, Compuware Asia Pacific, Concord Energy, Corning Developments, CSE-Transtel.
• DFS Venture Singapore, DICOM Singapore, Dyna-Mac Engineering Services.
• Eastman Chemical Asia Pacific, e-Cop, Emas Offshore, EMC Computer Systems, Esko-Graphics, Extron Electronics.
• F5 Networks Singapore, FE Global Electronics, First Data International, Flextronics Design, Flextronics Technology, Fluke South East Asia, FMC Technologies, Fuji Electric FA Singapore, Fujitsu Microelectronics Asia.
• Gen Re, Gexpro Asia, GTECH Far East.
• Haw Par Healthcare, Hayakawa International, Hitachi Asia, Honeywell.
• IBM Singapore, ICON Clinical Research, IE Singapore, Imaje ASPAE, Imation Singapore, Inficon, Inter-touch, Int'l Flavors & Fragrances (AsiaPac), Intraco.
• JDSU T&M Singapore, Jeol Asia, John Bean Technologies Singapore.
• Katotec, Kellogg Brown & Root Asia Pacific, Keppel Fels, Keppel Land International, Kerry Ingredients, Koch Business Solutions - Asia Pacific, Kyocera Asia Pacific.
• LCP Building Products, Leica Geosystems Technologies, LEWIS Public Relations, LexisNexis, LINTEC Singapore, Luxasia, Lyondell South Asia.
• Mapletree Investments, Maptek, Maunsell Consultants (Singapore), McAfee, MCIWorldCom, Mediatek Singapore, Mentor Media, Metalplas Engineering, Michelman Asia Pacific, Micron, Milliken Asia Pacific, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacifc, MJM Networks, Moet Hennessy Asia Pacific, Murata Electronics Singapore, MWH Consultants (S), National Starch, Navig8 Asia, NEC Solutions Asia Pacific, NTUC LearningHub.
• Oce (Singapore), Oceaneering International, Ong&Ong Group, Optibelt Asia Pacific, Osram Asia Pacific.
• PA Consulting, Pan Asia Logistics Singapore, Panasonic Industraial Asia, Panduit Singapore, Petronas, Philips Electronics (S), Pico Art International, Pioneer Electronics Asiacentre, Premas International, Prysmian Powerlink Srl, PSA, P-Serv.
• Raritan Asia Pacific, Inc., Red Hat Asia Pacific, Renesas Electronics Singapore, Research In Motion Singapore, Research International, Rolls-Royce, Roper Southeast Asia LLC, RTP Company (Singapore).
• Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Samudera Shipping, Seagate, Sembcorp Design and Construction, Semcorp Engineers & Constructors, Sembcorp EOSM, SIA Engineering Company, Sibelco, Simmons (SEA), Singapore Computer Systems, Singapore Telecommunications, Singapore Tourism Board, ST Electronics (Satcom & Sensor Systems), Starwood AP Hotels, Steelcase Office Solutions (M), Subway Systems Singapore, Sumitomo Chemical Asia, Surbana International Consultants, Swets, Symantec Singapore, Synovate, Sysmex Asia Pacific.
• Tellabs Asia Pacific, Templeton Asset Management, The Ascott Group, Tiong Woon Crane & Transport, Tourism Australia, Tropicana Golf & Country Resort, Tyco Fire & Security Services.
• UBS, United Engineers, Univac Precision Engineering, Universitas 21, Utraco.
• Visa International, Vishay Intertechnology, Vital.Org, Vitol Asia.
• Whatman, World Scientific Publishing.
• Yamaha Music (Asia), Yamari Singapore, YCH Group.
• Zebra Technologies.