During this seminar, participants will comprehensively overview Indonesian labour laws and practices.
Indonesia has been shaped by its geographic position, its natural resources, a series of migrations and contacts, wars and conquests, as well as trade, economics and politics. Indonesia is a archipelagic country of 17000 to 18000 islands (8844 named and 922 inhabited permanently) stretching along the equator of South East Asia. The country’s strategic sea-lane position fostered inter-island and international trade; trade has since fundamentally shaped Indonesia history. The archipelago’s landforms and climate significantly influenced agriculture and trade and the formation of states.
It has a population of 222million of people, world’s 4th most populous nation. Capital Jakarta has a population of 13,194,000 and Java Island has 130 million. Indonesia ethnic groups are, Javanese (45%), Sundanese (14%), Madurese (7.5%), Coastal Malays (7.5%), others (26%).
Languages use mainly, Bahasa Indonesia, English, Javanese, Dutch and other local dialects. Religion comprises mainly, Muslim (86%), Christian (11%), Hindu (2%), Buddhist (1%). Chinese population is 4%, however control 70% of Indonesia economy.
It is crucial and important for the HR professional to be equipped with the knowledge, information and employment law on hands to handle these challenges one might face. These issues are to handle in a fair, constructive and effective manner right from the start and it is therefore important for HR professional to understand and know the country as well as the culture to avoid conflicts and misunderstanding.
This one day seminar will provide insight knowledge, an overview of Indonesia HR employment laws and the essential understanding skills as regional HR professional needs to possess. Participants will learn how each of these skills sets impacts a Regional HR’s person ability to effectively solve the HR issue in Indonesia.
• Knowing Indonesia working culture and capabilities of the workforce.
• The impact of Indonesia Labor Law on employment practices with practical application to workplace scenarios.
• To better manage employees’ issues and operations in Indonesia in context of the Labor Contract Law.
• The Labor Legislation of Indonesia in Labor Protection Act, Social Security Program Act, Collection Agreement and Working of Foreigner Act.
• Business overview in Indonesia
I. An overview of the employment law framework in Indonesia for foreign business operations perspectives.
II. Labor Contract Law introduction.
• What are the requirements for employers?
• What potential workplace issues can this Labor Contract law give rise to?
• Hiring and offering context; employment contracts and service contracts consideration (including key terms and conditions of employment)
• Supplementary service company employment contracts
• Employment of expatriates and foreigners; structuring employment contracts, employment arrangements, work and residency permits, individual tax planning.
III. Vital aspects of Acts:-
• Labor Protection Act
• Social Security Program Act
• Protection of Wages Act, (Religious Leave)
• Collective Agreement/Industrial Relations
• Work Visa
Who should attend
All HR Professionals, Head of HR, HR Managers and Managers who deal with and handles regional HR matters for Indonesia. It is useful for professionals/managers who have keen interest in knowing more of Indonesia employment laws.
To impart the learning and working experiences, the workshop incorporates:
• Practical Tips
• Case Study and sharing
• Questions and answers
Jennifer Chan has more than 30 years of experience in Human Recourses Management as Generalist at Senior Director’s level. She has been in Senior Management in the HR Department of various industries both in SMEs and MNCs as in Manufacturing, Constructions, Services, Pharmaceutical. She has been helming regional roles as Executive Director (HR) for MNCs for the last 15 years for countries in the Asia Pacific region. She has hands-on regional experience and exposure in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), HR Law, Strategic and Operational HR, Outsource Placement, Career transition, Consultancy services, Shared Services, Change Management, Talent Management and Retention, Succession Planning, Manpower Planning and Budgeting, Performance Management, HR Policies and Procedures, Training and Organization Development, Salary Bench-marking and Job Leveling, C&B, Employee Relations and Engagement, Coaching, Mentoring, Recognition and Rewards, Recruitment and Staffing, Project Management, Expatriate Management, Work Life Balance (WLB) and Welfare.
Jennifer has conducted series of HR workshops in the Asia Pacific region. She has been actively participating in seminars, short courses, as invited guest speaking on HR related topic for the regions. Jennifer holds a Diploma in Personnel Management and also possesses an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 3 May 2018 - 20th Run - Confirmed
• One day
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Aberdeen Asset Management Asia, ACA Pacific Technology, Adknowledge Asia Pacific, AECOM, Aida Stamping Technology, Air Energi Group Singapore, Akzo Nobel Powder Coating Asia Pacific, Alcon, Altus Shipping and Logistics, Ascendas Land (Singapore), Ashland Singapore.
• Baker Hughes Singapore, Barclays Capital Services, Beiersdorf Singapore, Belt Collins International, Boeing Singapore, Bridgit Sdn Bhd, Brightpoint Singapore, BSH Home Appliances, BW Offshore Singapore.
• Cambridge University Press, Cape East Pte Ltd, Chemone Holdings, Chem-Trend Singapore, City-Link Express, CMPMedica Asia, Coilcraft Singapore, Concord Energy, Connell Wagner, Core-IRM, Covidien, CSC Computer Science Corporation, Cypress Semiconductor.
• Daikin Singapore, DOCOMO interTouch.
• Eastman Chemical Asia Pacific, Ebel Industries, EMC International SARL, Emerson Network Power (M) SB, Equus Design Consultants.
• Federal International (2000), Flowserve, FMC Technologies Singapore, Franklin Offshore International, Freehills.
• Gemalto, Ghim Li Global, Glenn Defense Marine (Asia), Great Eastern Providence (GEP) Group, Google Asia Pacific, Groz-Beckert East Asia LLP.
• Harley-Davidson Asia Pacific, Hitachi Asia, Hitachi Medical Systems, Hitachi Plant Technologies, HL Building Materials, Home-Fix D.I.Y., Honeywell Avionics (S) Inc., Honeywell, Husky Injection Molding Systems Singapore.
• IMC Pan Asia Alliance, I-Net Solutions, Ingram Micro Asia, International Copper Association SEA, INTRICON.
• J. Ray McDermott Asia Pacific, Jade Commodities & Resources, JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., JT International Tobacco Services .
• Kelly Services Singapore, Keppel Land International, Kuok (Singapore).
• Leighton Contractors (Asia) Limited (Singapore Branch), LF Centennial, Luxasia.
• M.Tech Products, Megachem, Ministry of Manpower, Mitsubishi Chemicals Asia, Mitsubishi Electric Asia, MKH Berhad (Formerly known as Metro Kajang Berhad), Mondial Assistance (Asia).
• Nagravision Asia, National Instruments Singapore, NCS, NetCracker Technology Singapore, Netzsch Asia Pacific, Norgren.
• OCBC Bank, Oceaneering International, Oiltanking Asia Pacific, Omron Asia Pacific, ONG&ONG, Orchard Maritime Logistics.
• Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Panduit Singapore, Pan-United Marine, Park Regis Investments, PerkinElmer Singapore, PHHP Marketing, Philips Electronics.
• R M Martin, Reed Elsevier (Singapore) 2008, Research International Asia, RH Petrogas, Robert Bosch (SEA), Rockwell Automation Southeast Asia, Rolls-Royce Singapore.
• SABIC Asia Pacific, Saint-Gobain, Sanmina-SCI Systems (S), Schaeffler, Schneider Electric IT Logistics Asia Pacific, Schwabe Pharma Asia Pacific, Sembawang Engineers and Constructors, SIA Engineering Company, Singapore Petroleum Company, Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore Valve & Fitting, SingEx Holdings, SITA Information Networking Computing, Sodick Singapore, SP Manufacturing, STMicroelectronics, Straits Asia Resources, Sulzer Pumps, SWTS, Symantec Asia Pacific, Synergy Shipping, Sys-Mac Automation Engineering, Sysmex Asia Pacific, Syspex Singapore.
• Teraoka Weigh-System, Tesa Tape Asia Pacific, The Nielsen Company, The One Payroll, Thome Ship Management, Tiong Woon Oil & gas Services, Total Petrochemicals SEA, Tourism Australia, Trans Global Logistics, Triumph International, Tyco Electronics S'pore, Tyco Healthcare, Leighton Contractors (Asia).
• Uconnect Electronics, UTC Aerospace Systems.
• Vemma Singapore, Veritas Geophysical, Vetco Gray, Vitol Asia, Viva Generik, VME Process Asia Pacific, Vopak Asia, Vopak Terminals Singapore.
• Watchdata Technologies, WD Media (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Wilmar Holding, Wison Singapore.
• YHI Corporation.