During this seminar, participants will comprehensively overview Indonesian labour laws and practices.
Indonesia has been shaped by its geographic position, its natural resources, a series of migrations and contacts, wars and conquests, as well as trade, economics and politics. Indonesia is a archipelagic country of 17000 to 18000 islands (8844 named and 922 inhabited permanently) stretching along the equator of South East Asia. The country’s strategic sea-lane position fostered inter-island and international trade; trade has since fundamentally shaped Indonesia history. The archipelago’s landforms and climate significantly influenced agriculture and trade and the formation of states.
It has a population of 222million of people, world’s 4th most populous nation. Capital Jakarta has a population of 13,194,000 and Java Island has 130 million. Indonesia ethnic groups are Javanese (45%), Sundanese (14%), Madurese (7.5%), Coastal Malays (7.5%), others (26%).
Languages use mainly, Bahasa Indonesia, English, Javanese, Dutch and other local dialects. Religion comprises mainly, Muslim (86%), Christian (11%), Hindu (2%), Buddhist (1%). Chinese population is 4%, however, control 70% of Indonesia economy.
It is crucial and important for the HR professional to be equipped with the knowledge, information and employment law on hands to handle these challenges one might face. These issues are to handle in a fair, constructive and effective manner right from the start and it is therefore important for HR professional to understand and know the country as well as the culture to avoid conflicts and misunderstanding.
This one-day seminar will provide insight knowledge, an overview of Indonesia HR employment laws and the essential understanding skills as regional HR professional needs to possess. Participants will learn how each of these skills sets impacts a Regional HR’s person ability to effectively solve the HR issue in Indonesia.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available. Travel Declaration Form will be sent to all participants prior to the training sessions)
(Social Distancing: There will be less participants at each table and comfortable seating space at the lunch area)
• Indonesian work culture and capabilities of the workforce.
• The impact of Indonesia Labor Law on employment practices with practical applications to workplace scenarios.
• To better manage employees’ issues and operations in Indonesia in the context of labour contract laws.
• The Labor Protection Act, Social Security Program Act, Collection Agreement and Working of Foreigner Act.
• Business overview in Indonesia
I. An overview of the employment law framework in Indonesia for foreign business operations perspectives.
II. Labor Contract Law introduction.
• What are the requirements for employers?
• What potential workplace issues can this Labor Contract law give rise to?
• Hiring and offering context; employment contracts and service contracts consideration (including key terms and conditions of employment)
• Supplementary service company employment contracts
• Employment of expatriates and foreigners; structuring employment contracts, employment arrangements, work and residency permits, individual tax planning.
III. Vital aspects of Acts:-
• Labor Protection Act
• Social Security Program Act
• Protection of Wages Act, (Religious Leave)
• Collective Agreement/Industrial Relations
• Work Visa
Who should attend
All HR Professionals, Head of HR, HR Managers and Managers who deal with and handles regional HR matters for Indonesia. It is useful for professionals/managers who have keen interest in knowing more of Indonesia employment laws.
To impart the learning and working experiences, the workshop incorporates:
• Practical Tips
• Case Study and sharing
• Questions and answers
Jennifer Chan has more than 30 years of experience in Human Resource Management as Generalist at Senior Director’s level. She has been in Senior Management in the HR Department of various industries both in SMEs and MNCs as in Manufacturing, Constructions, Services, Pharmaceutical. She has been helming regional roles as Executive Director (HR) for MNCs for the last 15 years for countries in the Asia Pacific region. She has hands-on regional experience and exposure in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), HR Law, Strategic and Operational HR, Outsource Placement, Career transition, Consultancy services, Shared Services, Change Management, Talent Management and Retention, Succession Planning, Manpower Planning and Budgeting, Performance Management, HR Policies and Procedures, Training and Organization Development, Salary Bench-marking and Job Leveling, C&B, Employee Relations and Engagement, Coaching, Mentoring, Recognition and Rewards, Recruitment and Staffing, Project Management, Expatriate Management, Work Life Balance (WLB) and Welfare.
Jennifer has conducted series of HR workshops in the Asia Pacific region. She has been actively participating in seminars, short courses, as invited guest speaking on HR related topic for the regions. Jennifer holds a Diploma in Personnel Management and also possesses an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 12 May 2020 (25th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Mandarin Orchard Singapore or Sheraton Towers
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "This training is very useful as we just recently hired colleague based in Indonesia under outsourcing firm" - Mary Rose Tan, ICD Security Solutions Pte Ltd
• "A really great overview, good class interaction and useful materials!" - Peta Graham, McConnell Dowell South East Asia Pte Ltd
• "The knowledge shared is useful in work context" - Ying Ling, Singapore Tourism Board
• "Thank you very much Jennifer" - Brandon Lew, T-Systems Pte Ltd
• "Thank you for the useful program!" Nailya, Brown-Forman Worldwide LLC
Past Participant Organisations
• Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Ltd, ACA Pacific Technology (S) Pte Ltd, Adknowledge Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, AECOM Singapore Pte Ltd, Aida Stamping Technology Pte Ltd, Air Energi Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Akzo Nobel Powder Coating Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Alcon Pte Ltd, Altus Shipping and Logistics Pte Ltd, Ascendas Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Ashland Singapore Pte Ltd, Alfa Laval Singapore Pte Ltd, Arrow Electronics Asia (S) Pte Ltd, Amazon Web Services, Aon Singapore Pte Ltd, Achilles Systems Pte Ltd
• Baker Hughes Singapore Pte Ltd, Barclays Capital Services Limited, Beiersdorf Singapore Pte Ltd, Belt Collins International (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Boeing Singapore, Bridgit Sdn Bhd, Brightpoint Singapore Pte Ltd, BSH Home Appliances Pte Ltd, BW Offshore Singapore Pte Ltd, Baxter Healthcare (Asia) Pte Ltd, Booking.com Singapore, Brown-Forman Worldwide LLC, Borouge Pte Ltd
• Cambridge University Press, Cape East Pte Ltd, Chemone Holdings Pte Ltd, Chem-Trend Singapore Pte Ltd, City-Link Express (S) Pte Ltd, CMPMedica Asia Pte Ltd, Coilcraft Singapore Pte Ltd, Concord Energy Pte Ltd, Connell Wagner, Core-IRM Pte Ltd, Covidien Pte Ltd, CSC Computer Science Corporation, Cypress Semiconductor, CapitaLand Limited, Cartrack Technologies South East Asia Pte Ltd, Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, China Jingye Engineer Corporation Limited (Singapore Branch)
• Daikin Singapore, DOCOMO interTouch Pte Ltd
• Eastman Chemical Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Ebel Industries Pte Ltd, EMC International SARL, Emerson Network Power (M) Sdn Bhd, Equus Design Consultants Pte Ltd
• Federal International (2000) Ltd, Flowserve Pte Ltd, FMC Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd, Franklin Offshore International Pte Ltd, Freehills, Fluke South East Asia Pte Ltd
• Gemalto Pte Ltd, Ghim Li Global Pte Ltd, Glenn Defense Marine (Asia) Pte Ltd, Great Eastern Providence (GEP) Group, Google Asia Pacific, Groz-Beckert East Asia LLP
• Harley-Davidson Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Hitachi Asia Pte Ltd, Hitachi Medical Systems (S) Pte Lt, Hitachi Plant Technologies, HL Building Materials Pte Ltd, Home-Fix D.I.Y., Honeywell Avionics (S) Inc., Honeywell, Husky Injection Molding Systems Singapore Pte Ltd
• IMC Pan Asia Alliance, I-Net Solutions, Ingram Micro Asia, International Copper Association SEA, INTRICON, IHS Global Pte Ltd, IMI Precision Engineering, ICD Security Solutions Pte Ltd
• J. Ray McDermott Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Jade Commodities & Resources Pte Ltd, JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., JT International Tobacco Services (S) Pte Ltd, JustCo Management Pte Ltd
• Kelly Services Singapore (S) Pte Ltd, Keppel Land International Ltd, Kuok (Singapore) Ltd, Koenig & Bauer (SEA) Sdn Bhd (Singapore), Kok Tong Construction Pte Ltd
• Leighton Contractors (Asia) Limited (Singapore Branch), LF Centennial Pte Ltd, Luxasia Pte Ltd, LANXESS Pte Ltd, LVMH Fragrances & Cosmetics (S) Pte Ltd
• M.Tech Products, Megachem, Ministry of Manpower, Mitsubishi Chemicals Asia, Mitsubishi Electric Asia, MKH Berhad (Formerly known as Metro Kajang Berhad), Mondial Assistance (Asia), Multitest Electronic Systems (Asia), Marriott Customer Engagement Centre, Michelin Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, McConnell Dowell South East Asia Pte Ltd
• Nagravision Asia, National Instruments Singapore, NCS, NetCracker Technology Singapore, Netzsch Asia Pacific, Norgren, Nordson Advanced Technology (Singapore) Pte Ltd, NTN Bearing-Singapore (Pte) Ltd, N'osairis Technology Solutions Sdn Bhd
• OCBC Bank, Oceaneering International, Oiltanking Asia Pacific, Omron Asia Pacific, ONG&ONG, Orchard Maritime Logistics
• Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Panduit Singapore, Pan-United Marine, Park Regis Investments, PerkinElmer Singapore, PHHP Marketing, Philips Electronics
• R M Martin, Reed Elsevier (Singapore) 2008, Research International Asia, RH Petrogas, Robert Bosch (SEA), Rockwell Automation Southeast Asia, Rolls-Royce Singapore
• SABIC Asia Pacific, Saint-Gobain, Sanmina-SCI Systems (S), Schaeffler, Schneider Electric IT Logistics Asia Pacific, Schwabe Pharma Asia Pacific, Sembawang Engineers and Constructors, SIA Engineering Company, Singapore Petroleum Company, Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore Valve & Fitting, SingEx Holdings, SITA Information Networking Computing, Sodick Singapore, SP Manufacturing, STMicroelectronics, Straits Asia Resources, Sulzer Pumps, SWTS, Symantec Asia Pacific, Synergy Shipping, Sys-Mac Automation Engineering, Sysmex Asia Pacific, Syspex Singapore, Singapore (Cambodia) International Academy Co., Ltd, Sinopec Lubricant (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd, Swire Pacific Offshore Operations Pte Ltd, Strategic Eduhub Pte Ltd
• Teraoka Weigh-System, Tesa Tape Asia Pacific, The Nielsen Company, The One Payroll, Thome Ship Management, Tiong Woon Oil & gas Services, Total Petrochemicals SEA, Tourism Australia, Trans Global Logistics, Triumph International, Tyco Electronics S'pore, Tyco Healthcare, Leighton Contractors (Asia), Toaster Ltd, T-Systems Singapore Pte Ltd, Total Ebiz Solutions Pte Ltd, Thales Solutions Asia Pte Ltd
• Uconnect Electronics, UTC Aerospace Systems, United Oil Company Pte Ltd
• Vemma Singapore, Veritas Geophysical, Vetco Gray, Vitol Asia, Viva Generik, VME Process Asia Pacific, Vopak Asia, Vopak Terminals Singapore, Vitol Asia Pte Ltd, Vistra Corporate Services (SEA) Pte Ltd
• Watchdata Technologies, WD Media (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Wilmar Holding, Wison Singapore.
• YHI Corporation.
• Zwick Asia Pte. Ltd