This seminar will provide participants insight knowledge, an overview of Thailand labour law and the essential understanding skills.
Thailand (previously known as Siam) has been populated ever since the dawn of civilization in Asia. There are conflicting opinions of the origins of the Thais. It presumed that about 4,500 years. Thais originated in northwestern Szechuan in China and later migrated down to Thailand along the southern part of China. They split into two main groups. One settled down in the North and became the kingdom of "Lanna" and the other one is in further south, which afterward was defeated by the Khmers and became the kingdom of "Sukhothai".
Thailand occupies the western half of the Indochinese peninsula and the northern two-thirds of the Malay Peninsula in south-east Asia. Its neighbors are Burma (Myanmar) on the north and west, Laos on the north and northeast, Cambodia on the east, and Malaysia on the south.
This one day seminar will provide insight knowledge, an overview of Thailand labour law and the essential understanding skills as regional HR professional needs to possess. Participants will learn how each of these skills sets impacts a regional HR’s person ability to effectively solve the issue.
• Knowing the Thailand working culture and capabilities of the workforce.
• The impact of the Thai Labor Law on employment practices with practical application to workplace scenarios.
• To better manage employees’ issues and operations in Thailand in the context of the Labor Contract Law.
• The Labour Legislation of Thailand in Labour Protection Act, Social Security Fund Act, Skills Promotions Act and Working of Alien Act.
• Business overview in Thailand
1. All about Thailand
- The Country
- Its people and culture
2. Labor Legislation (Minimum Statutory Entitlement)
- Working hours and wages
- Working rules and regulations
- Employee welfare fund
- Workmen Compensation
3. Labour Acts
- Labour Protection Act
- Social Security Fund Act
- Skills Promotions Act
- Working of Aliens Act
4. Types of Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Permanent Resident Visa
All HR Professionals, Head of HR, HR Managers and Managers who deal with and handles regional HR matters for Thailand. It is useful for professionals/managers who have keen interest in knowing more of Thailand Labour Law.
To impart the learning and working experiences, the workshop incorporates:
• Information Sharing
• Questions and Answers
Jennifer has conducted series of HR workshops in the Asia Pacific region. She has been actively participating in seminars, short courses, as invited guest speaking on HR related topic for the regions. Jennifer holds a Diploma in Personnel Management and also possesses an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 16 January 2018 - 2nd Run - Confirmed
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Alfa Laval Singapore, Arrow Electronics Asia (S), Arvato Digital Services.
• Chem-Trend Singapore.
• EasyParcel Singapore, Equis Services (Singapore).
• Google Asia Pacific.
• Halcyon Agri Corporation, Heidrick & Struggles.
• LHN Group
• Richemont Luxury (Singapore), Rockwell Automation Asia Pacific Business Center, Roland Berger.