This seminar will provide participants insight knowledge, an overview of Thailand labour law and the essential understanding skills.
Thailand (previously known as Siam) has been populated ever since the dawn of civilization in Asia. There are conflicting opinions of the origins of the Thais. It presumed that about 4,500 years. Thais originated in northwestern Szechuan in China and later migrated down to Thailand along the southern part of China. They split into two main groups. One settled down in the North and became the kingdom of "Lanna" and the other one is in further south, which afterward was defeated by the Khmers and became the kingdom of "Sukhothai".
Thailand occupies the western half of the Indochinese peninsula and the northern two-thirds of the Malay Peninsula in south-east Asia. Its neighbors are Burma (Myanmar) on the north and west, Laos on the north and northeast, Cambodia on the east, and Malaysia on the south.
This one day seminar will provide insight knowledge, an overview of Thailand labour law and the essential understanding skills as regional HR professional needs to possess. Participants will learn how each of these skills sets impacts a regional HR’s person ability to effectively solve the issue.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available. Travel Declaration Form will be sent to all participants prior to the training sessions)
(Social Distancing: There will be less participants at each table and comfortable seating space at the lunch area)
• Knowing the Thailand working culture and capabilities of the workforce.
• The impact of the Thai Labor Law on employment practices with practical application to workplace scenarios.
• To better manage employees’ issues and operations in Thailand in the context of the Labor Contract Law.
• The Labour Legislation of Thailand in Labour Protection Act, Social Security Fund Act, Skills Promotions Act and Working of Alien Act.
• Business overview in Thailand
1. All about Thailand
- The Country
- Its people and culture
2. Labor Legislation (Minimum Statutory Entitlement)
- Working hours and wages
- Working rules and regulations
- Employee welfare fund
- Workmen Compensation
3. Labour Acts
- Labour Protection Act
- Social Security Fund Act
- Skills Promotions Act
- Working of Aliens Act
4. Types of Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Permanent Resident Visa
Who should attend
All HR Professionals, Head of HR, HR Managers and Managers who deal with and handles regional HR matters for Thailand. It is useful for professionals/managers who have keen interest in knowing more of Thailand Labour Law.
To impart the learning and working experiences, the workshop incorporates:
• Information Sharing
• Questions and Answers
Jennifer Chan has more than 30 years of experience in Human Resource Management as Generalist at Senior Director’s level. She has been in Senior Management in the HR Department of various industries both in SMEs and MNCs as in Manufacturing, Constructions, Services, Pharmaceutical. She has been helming regional roles as Executive Director (HR) for MNCs for the last 15 years for countries in the Asia Pacific region. She has hands-on regional experience and exposure in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), HR Law, Strategic and Operational HR, Outsource Placement, Career transition, Consultancy services, Shared Services, Change Management, Talent Management and Retention, Succession Planning, Manpower Planning and Budgeting, Performance Management, HR Policies and Procedures, Training and Organization Development, Salary Bench-marking and Job Leveling, C&B, Employee Relations and Engagement, Coaching, Mentoring, Recognition and Rewards, Recruitment and Staffing, Project Management, Expatriate Management, Work Life Balance (WLB) and Welfare.
Jennifer has conducted series of HR workshops in the Asia Pacific region. She has been actively participating in seminars, short courses, as invited guest speaking on HR related topic for the regions. Jennifer holds a Diploma in Personnel Management and also possesses an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 15 July 2020 (7th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Mandarin Orchard Singapore or Sheraton Towers
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "The case studies were very applicable." - Raymond Soh, Publicis Sapient
• "Very engaging and informative." - Selene Lim, Molnlycke Health Care Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd
• "Enjoyed the case studies and group discussions!"
• "Lovely trainer! Course is dry by nature but Jennifer made it interesting. Good coverage of topics!" - Amelia Wibisono, JustCo Management Pte Ltd
• "Good exposure on Thai Laws!" - Neo Li Ting, Hertel Singapore Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Alfa Laval Singapore Pte Ltd, Arrow Electronics Asia (S) Pte Ltd, Arvato Digital Services Pte Ltd, AECOM Singapore Pte Ltd, Acushnet Singapore Pte Ltd, Aveva Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
• BITZER Refrigeration Asia Pte Limited, Burberry (S) Distribution Co. Pte Ltd, Brown-Forman Worldwide LLC
• Chem-Trend Singapore Pte Ltd, Cartrack Technologies South East Asia Pte Ltd, Casio Singapore Pte Ltd, Cocoba Pte Ltd, Cook South East Asia Pte Ltd, Cardinal Health Singapore
• Daimler Financial Services Africa & Asia Pacific Ltd, Disk Precision Industries Pte Ltd
• EasyParcel Singapore, Equis Services (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Electrolux Professional Singapore Pte. Ltd.
• Google Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Groz-Beckert East Asia LLP, GP Batteries International Limited
• Halcyon Agri Corporation Limited, Heidrick & Struggles, Hertel Singapore Pte Ltd
• IHS Global Pte Ltd, IMI Precision Engineering
• JustCo Management Pte Ltd
• Keysight Technologies Singapore (Sales) Pte Ltd
• Robot Automation (M) Sdn. Bhd
• LHN Group Pte Ltd, Lanxess Pte Ltd, LVMH Fragrances & Cosmetics (S) Pte Ltd, Luxasia Pte Ltd
• Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific Ltd, Marriott International Customer Engagement Centre, McConnell Dowell South East Asia Pte Ltd, Molnlycke Health Care Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd
• Prada Singapore Pte Ltd, Publicis Sapient
• Richemont Luxury (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Rockwell Automation Asia Pacific Business Center Pte Ltd, Roland Berger
• SIA Engineering Company, Singapore Tourism Board, Solutia Singapore Pte Ltd
• Zwick Asia Pte. Ltd, Zendesk Singapore Pte Ltd