Fundamentals and Practice of Dealing or Handling with Employment Matters in Vietnam
“Complex”, “employee-oriented”, “employees are well protected” and “in most case, could be interpreted to the disadvantage of the employer”, ... These are the common remarks of many local and foreign managers about the labor regulations in Vietnam.
In 2017, there are many discussions on the draft of new Labor Code which is planned to finalize within 2018. This becomes additional challenges in HR Management, from recruitment, employment, to monitoring employee performance and termination process.
This one day program not only provides to the participants an overview of requirements on labor laws of Vietnam, but also highlight and share concrete HR Practices with ensuring the legal compliance, positive employee performance and risk/cost prevention due to wrong termination process.
At the end of the course, the participants will gain the practices and tips to:
• Ensure all HR processes in line with labor requirements.
• Manage legally the employee performance and discipline during probation, job transfer.
• Control better personnel cost due to illegal matters in personnel administration and termination.
• Maximize the relationship with Trade Union to optimize the company performance.
I. The legal framework of Vietnam Employment.
II. Considerations and practices when employing people in Vietnam
• Hiring local/foreign labours,
• Employment terms,
• Conditions for Transfer, Dismissal, Termination
III. Employees’ Rights – Key highlights:
• Compensation: minimum wage, allowances
• Limitations of working time, overtime
• Leaves and holidays
• Special provisions for female employees
• Trade Union
IV. Employer’s Rights and Sharing Practices:
• Employment Contract
• Establishing and dealing with Trade Union
• Collective Agreement
• Internal Labour Regulations
• Training Bond
• Managing overtime and annual leave
• Discipline measures
• Termination process
• HR Managers.
• Executives and Officers.
• Anyone who deal with or will be handling HR/employment matters in Vietnam.
She has more than 23 years of working experience, 15 years in middle to senior management, and exposed in production (6 years), sales (5 years), and 10 years as HR Heads of Aventis/ sanofi-aventis (top leading of pharmaceutical industry) and Avon (leading cosmetic & direct selling company).
Kim-Anh possess the experience in both strategic & implementation of Human Resources Management in multi-national companies, especially in Organization Restructure (for productivity improvement, sales effectiveness, merger, acquisition, global de-layering), developing Performance Management System, Company Culture (live up corporate values, safety culture), Remuneration Restructure (establishing salary range, design bonus & sales incentive scheme, benefit policies), Talent Management and Career Planning & Development (for sales reps and for high-potential employees).
She has delivered training in HR & People Management, Sales and other soft skills for local/ foreign companies, and other social/NGO organisms. Some of the corporations she has worked with are: PEB Steel, Chartis (ex-AIG), GSK, Imexpharm, Intel, Lafarge, Mast, Novartis, Pfizer, Long Hau Corporation.
Kim-Anh also possess good experiences in coaching and counselling young Business Leaders, HR Practitioners and HR Managers in coping with change, in strategic HR management and developing business objectives. As a respected local HR Practitioner, she has been invited as guest speaker at several local and regional HR conferences/ seminars.
Kim-Anh holds a Master of HR Management (USA) and Bachelor of Science (Pharmacist) from Vietnam.
• 18 May 2018 - 7th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Kim-Anh is very engaging and addressed our issues well. Lot's of take-away as trainer is very experienced and prepared to share!" - Jennifer Ho Chuay Fong, Advanced Holdings Pte Ltd
• "Miss Kim-Anh is very knowledgeable and hands-on to Vietnam HR Laws. Get our attention to her Q&A at all times! All information are applicable to me as I’m new to Vietnam HR Laws!" - Fennie Chung, Goldbell Corporation Pte Ltd
• "Excellent engagement by trainer." - Chew Min Seng, Romulus Lifestyle
Past Participant Organisations
• 8 Bar, 3D Networks Singapore, Aban Singapore, Allalloy Dynaweld, Anritsu, Astellas Pharma Singapore, ATT Systems, Advanced CAE.
• CBRE, Chem-Trend Singapore, Cisco Systems (USA).
• DMG Mori Seiki South East Asia.
• ERCO Lighting.
• Goldbell Corporation, Greif Eastern Packaging, Groz-Beckert East Asia LLP.
• Hitachi Via Asia, Husky Injection Molding Systems Singapore.
• ING Bank N.V., Singapore Branch.
• John Bean Technologies Singapore, Jumbo Group of Restaurants.
• Keppel Communications, Keppel Land International, KS Distribution.
• Mapletree Investments.
• National Instruments Singapore.
• Planet One.
• REHAU, Romulus Lifestyle.
• Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Sandvik South East Asia, Sedona Hotels International, SEW-Eurodrive, Stolt-Nielsen Singapore, Sunray Woodcraft Construction.
• T.Y.Lin International.
• Wacker Chemicals (South Asia).
• YKK AP FACADE.