During this workshop, participants will learn to communicate sensitive news like warning letters and draft HR policies and procedures
HR professionals must write in a way that is easy to read and understand. They should also be watchful of the tone and influence of their policies. This practical workshop will improve their skills in writing emails, letters and policies.
During this hands-on one day workshop, participants will be able to understand the legal inferences of HR Department communications and the opportunity to refresh their writing skills and techniques.
• Understand the legal inferences of HR department communications.
• Prepare 4 types of sensitive correspondence e.g. warning letters.
• Draft 3 kinds HR policies, procedures and rules e.g termination.
• Communicate sensitive or bad news e.g. Mergers.
• Draft HR policies e.g. Retrenchment, H1N1.
• Importance of Effective Communication.
• Linking words.
• Writing HR Policies.
• Types of HR Policies.
• Features of HR Policies e.g. Rationale.
• Considerations when writing HR Polices.
• Writing Styles.
• Writing Checklist.
• Using Positive Statements.
• Examples of Badly Written Sentences.
• Routine Correspondence.
• Correspondence Structure/Steps.
• Communicating Good News.
• Communicating Sensitive or Negative News.
• HR or Non HR Managers.
• Supervisors, Officers and Executives who are required to write on a regular basis and have the responsibility for correspondence originating from the Human Resource Function.
Over the past 20 years, he has worked and consulted with companies in Human Resource Management. He regularly conducts consultancy and training programmes in Competency-based HR, Selection and Performance Management.
Hari also designed and developed the HR competency framework for the HRSINGAPORE's certification programmes. His training experience includes conducting public programmes, as well as in-house programmes for companies like GMP, KLM Cargo, Pan United, Courts, Centrepoint Properties, Humming House, Brunei Shell, CPF Board and MINDEF.
Born and bred in Singapore, Hari holds a Bachelor in Business Administration from the University of Singapore and a Diploma in Education from the National University of Singapore.
• 28 June 2018 - 24th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Size of class was perfect. Very interactive and hands-on which enhanced the training." - Dominique Wu, CSIT
• "Well organized training materials. Taught appropriate tone." - Janine Chua, CSIT
• "Overall good program." - Kenny Chong, Citigroup Sales & Outstanding Svcs Sdn Bhd
• "Ideas & concept are communicated to us in a clear & concise manner. Well done!" - Ho Choy Ling, Housing & Development Board
• "The course is well organized and concepts taught were useful!" - Lim Sock Khian, Housing & Development Board
• "Have enjoyed the session. Some of the pointers are definitely useful." - Noreen Lee, Singapore Telecommunications
• "Very interesting & enjoyable." - Joan Yeo, Hawker Pacific Asia
• "It was a good session, learnt a lot which I could make us for my HR work." - Sulochana Menon, Man Fut Tong Nursing Home
• "Good course and good structure given to me." - Catherine Lim, Boehringer Ingelheim
• "The programme is interesting & entertaining." - Lena Ang, NTUC Childcare
• " Very good!" - Iris Teng, Yung Wah Industrial
• " The session was enjoyable and beneficial to my work." - Joyce Tan, Student Service
Past Participant Organisations
• Aban Singapore Pte Ltd, Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Ltd, ABSG Consulting Inc., AETOS Security Management, Agency for Integrated Care, Ajinomoto (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Ameroid Logistics (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Ameron, Ando Singapore Pte Ltd, Antara Koh Pte Ltd, Aon Singapore Pte Ltd, Arcapita Pte Ltd, Ascendas Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Asia Pacific Breweries (S) Pte Ltd, AvanStrate Asia Pte Ltd, ARA Asset Management Ltd
• Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled, Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council, Boehringer Ingelheim Singapore, British American Tobacco Singapore, Building and Construction Authority, Basler & Hofmann Singapore Pte Ltd
• Cambridge University Press, CapitaLand Commercial, CapitaLand Retail, CBM Pte Ltd, Central Provident Fund Board, China Aviation Oil (Singapore) Corporation Ltd, Citigroup Sales & Outsourcing Services, Citiraya Industries Ltd, City Gas, Club Med, Courts (Singapore) Pte Ltd, CSIT, Cytec Industries
• Defence Science & Technology Agency, Dematic S.E.A Pte Ltd, DP Architects Pte Ltd, DSO National Laboratories
• EtonHouse International Holdings
• F.H. Bertling Ltd, FARO Singapore Pte Ltd, FCI Microconnections Asia Pte Ltd, Frank's Logistic Singapore Pte Ltd, Frigstad Offshore Pte Ltd
• GMP Recruitment Services, Goodrich Global Pte Ltd, Grace Orchard School, Great Eastern Life Assurance, Green House Design & Communications Pte Ltd, Guthrie Consultancy Services Pte Ltd
• Hawker Pacific Asia Pte Ltd, Health Sciences Authority, Heidelberg Asia Pte Ltd, Herbalife International Singapore Pte Ltd, Holiday Tours & Travel (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Hong Leong Corporation Holdings Pte Ltd, Housing & Development Board
• International Air Transport Association, IDC Market Research, Iggesund Paperboard Asia Pte Ltd, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Ingersoll-Rand South East Asia Pte Ltd, Institute of Materials Research & Engineering, Inter-touch Pte Ltd
• JDS Uniphase Singapore Pte Ltd, John Crane Singapore Pte Ltd, John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte Ltd, JP Nelson Equipment Pte Ltd, JTC Corporation, Julia Gabriel Communications Pte Ltd
• Lim & Tan Securities Pte Ltd, Lim Kim Hai Electric Co. (S) Pte Ltd, LINTEC Singapore Pte Ltd, LVMH Fragrances and Cosmetics (S) Pte Ltd
• Marina Mandarin Singapore, Maxwell Chambers, McCann Erickson, McDonald's, MCYS, MediaCorp Radio, Meng Cheng Logistics Pte Ltd, Meritus Hotels & Resorts, MICA, Micros Fidelio Singapore Pte Ltd, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Manpower, MOH Holdings, Monetary Authority of Singapore, Man Fat Tong Nursing Home, Mapletree Investments, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
• Nanyang Technological University, National Arts Council, National Community Leadership Institute, National Environment Agency, National Healthcare Group, National Institute of Education, National Skin Centre, NEC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, NTUC Childcare, NTUC Club, NUS High School of Mathematics & Science
• O.B. Singapore Operations Pte Ltd
• Pacific International Lines, Pan Electrics Pte Ltd, PAP Community Foundation, Pepperl+Fuchs Pte Ltd, PERDAUS, Petra Foods Pte Ltd, Pico Electronics (S) Pte Ltd, Prisco (Singapore) Pte Ltd, PT McDermott Indonesia - Batam Purple Sage
• Q’s Advertising Pte Ltd, Radiance Singapore
• Radio Holland Singapore Pte Ltd, REDA Production Systems, Regency Steel Asia Pte Ltd, Ricoh Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Roper Southeast Asia LLC, Royal Bank of Canada
• SAFRA Radio, School of InfoComm Technology - Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Schott Electronic Packaging Asia, Science Centre Singapore, SDV Logistics (Singapore), Sembawang Engineers & Constructors, SembCorp Utilities, Seng Heng Engineering, Sheffield Employment Agency, Silicon Connection, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Clinical Research Institute, Singapore Component, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore International Foundation, Singapore Land Authority, Singapore Management University, Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Saizeriya, Singapore Sports School, Singapore Telecommunications, Singex Venues, SIS'88 Pte Ltd, Skymech Automation & Engineering Pte Ltd, SP Services, ST Education & Training, Standard Chartered Bank, Standard Form, StarHub, Starwood Customer Contact Centre, Stelkraft, Stiefel - a GSK Company, Straits Asia Resources, Students Care Service, Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., SysteMED, SCSK Asia Pacific, Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP), Sumifru Singapore Pte Ltd
• T.G Engineering, The American Club, The Asia Insurance Co, The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ, The Royal Bank of Scotland PLC, Times Printers, TNT Express, Transit Link
• Videojet Technologies (S) Pte Ltd
• Watkins Syndicate Singapore Pte Ltd, Wing Wah Industrial Services Pte Ltd, Woh Hup Pte Ltd, WWW Cargo Pte Ltd
• Yayasan MENDAKI, Young Women's Christian Association, Yung Wah Industrial Co Pte Ltd
• Zouk Management Pte Ltd