A tool to design and measure progress
To-do lists are always long. So many important issues can compete for your attention that it is often difficult to see the "wood for the trees". As a result we may end up with too many measures and, hence, too much to improve. And time is scarce.
Albert Einstein had this apt quote about measurement: “Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted.”
Or should be counted!
• To really understand what Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are and their misinterpretation and misapplication.
• To appreciate why KPIs are necessary and beneficial to organizations.
• To learn how to create relevant and effective KPIs from Key Result Areas (also known as Critical Successful Factors).
• To learn how to implement a KPI system successfully.
• To effectively manage the KPI measurement process in all phases.
• HR practitioners who are responsible for performance tracking and want to know how to do it effectively.
• Anyone who is concerned about his/her organisation’s sustainable improvement.
• Anyone whose organisation’s goals have changed and therefore their KPIs need refocusing.
I. Business Performance Management
• Analytics: an overview.
• Business performance management (BPM) maturity model.
II. "What Gets Measured Gets Done." … or Not?
• Or "If you can't measure it, you can't manage it."
• More correct to say: "Some things that get measured get done."
III. Types of Performance Measures
• The Onion analogy.
IV. What REALLY are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)?
• An analogy: The Human Body.
• One size does not fit all.
• Same KPI but different focus.
V. The characteristics of a good KPI
• Must ultimately help to make actual, tangible improvement.
VI. Types of KPIs
VII. Finding Organization KPIs
• Key Result Areas (KRAs) or Critical Success Factors (CSFs) - The missing link.
• A case study to illustrate how to use Vision and Mission statements to identify CSFs and KPIs.
IX. Good versus Bad Key Performance Indicators
• Their implications.
X. Drowning in data; thirsting for insights.Too Many KPIs?
• Try the 80/20 Rule.
• Avoid "analysis paralysis".
XI. "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Or should be!
• A case study to illustrate the power of simplicity.
XII. Types of performance management system
• For different settings.
XIII. It is not all about $$$ only
• Environmental / sustainability components in performance management.
XIV. The road map for implementation of a KPI system
• Success factors.
XV. Managing the KPI Measurement Process
• Date to be advised - 12th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0001500.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• A4 International Pte Ltd, Ace Drive, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Akatsuki Pte Ltd, Aqua-Terra Oilfield Equipment & Services Pte Ltd, Arab Bank plc
• Ban Choon Marketing Pte Ltd, Berg Propulsion Production Berg Propulsion Production, Biomin Singapore Pte. Ltd, Brunel Energy, Brunel International South East Asia
• C & W Electronics Pte Ltd, CAST Laboratories Pte Ltd, Chong Lee Leong Seng Co. Ltd, CK Department Store, ComfortDelGro Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd, Compact Resources Pte Ltd, Concord Energy Pte Ltd, Crocs Asia Pte Ltd, CSC Holdings Ltd
• Defence Science and Technology Agency, DigiMagic Communications Pte Ltd, Drake International (S) Ltd, Dynaglass Reinforced Plastic Pte Ltd
• edConnect Pte Ltd
• Far Ocean Sea Products, First Gourmet Pte Ltd, First Media Design School, Francois Marine Services Pte Ltd, Freshening Industries Pte Ltd
• Great Eastern Life Assurance
• HS Compression & Process Pte Ltd
• IINO Singapore Pte Ltd, IMC Industrial, IMC Pan Asia Alliance Pte Ltd, IT Technologies Pte Ltd
• Kingsmen Creatives Ltd, Kraus & Naimer, KS Distribution Pte Ltd
• LexisNexis Asia Pacific, Lloyd Morgan Singapore Pte Ltd, Lutheran Community Care Services Ltd, LEXMAR Engineering Pte Ltd
• M Hotel Singapore, Magnum Subsea Sysems, Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Matco Asia, Media Development Authority, Meson Far East Pte Ltd, Methodist Welfare Services, Ministry of Manpower, Movement For the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore
• National University Hospital
• Outdoor Venture Pte Ltd
• Perdana Marine Offshore Pte Ltd, Poval Asia, PT Wintermar, RecruitPlus Consulting Pte Ltd, Pan-Malayan Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd
• Rublelon Marketing
• Scania Malaysia, Scania Singapore Pte Ltd, SDV Logistics, Showa Denki HD, Shriro (Singapore) Pte Ltd, SIA Engineering Company, Singapore Children's Society, Singapore Disability Sports Council, Singapore Land Authority, SingHealth Polyclinics, Sourcegate Technologies Pte Ltd, Spinergy Inc (S) Pte Ltd, Standard Form Supreme Court of Singapore, Sembcorp Design and Construction Pte Ltd
• Technoprobe Asia Pte Ltd, The Audience Motivation Company Asia Pte Ltd, Tiong Seng Contractors (Pte) Ltd, Top Global Trade Promoters International, Trans Global Logistics (S) Pte Ltd, Tri-net Logistics (Asia) Pte Ltd
• ULVAC Singapore Pte Ltd
• Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, VITAL. Org / MOF
• Warees Investments Pte Ltd, Woh Hup, WLD Asset Management Pte Ltd