Understand and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance management
Performance management is no longer a top-down, one-way, manager knows the best approach. Organisations need to be sustainably competitive in this global market which demands dynamic, responsive and learned culture. Organisations need to understand the importance of strong employee engagement, the power of employee job ownership and the value of employees in developing and managing their own work and their own key performance indicators.
Organisational objectives are set and communicated to employees. Performance goals are developed to align with organisational’s objectives. Key Performance Indicators are set based on the business needs of the organisation. These key performance indicators are generated through discussion and dialogue with employees.
(Face-to-face training with safe distancing and precautionary measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses)
• Understand the fundamentals of Performance Management and how they help to drive organisation’s performance
• Understand Performance Management Disciplines for developing KPIs
• Understand Performance Dashboards
• Develop Key Performance Indicators
• Apply the learning in the workplace
• Case studies, group discussions, role plays and hands-on exercises will help participants apply what they learn at their workplace.
I. Types of Performance Disciplines
• Balanced Scorecards
- Are you ready for Scorecards?
• Six Sigma
• Total Quality Management
II. Performance Dashboard
• What is it and what is used for?
• Strategic Dashboard
III. Key Performance Indicators
• Types of KPIs
• Characteristics of KPIs
• Link to Company Vision, Mission, Goals
• KPIs Setting
IV. How to create KPIs for:-
• General Positions
• Behavioural Skills
• Specific Industries
• Specific Job Positions
V. Performance Management
• Painless Performance Conversations
- Lead with Behaviour
- Eliminate Judgement
- Inquire with Purpose
- Be Clear
VI. Performance Appraisal
• Tools used for conducting Performance Appraisal
Who should attend
• HR practitioners who are responsible for performance tracking and want to know how to do it effectively.
• Anyone who is concerned about his/her organisation’s sustainable improvement.
• Anyone whose organisation’s goals have changed and therefore their KPIs need refocusing.
Elsie Low is a HR Practitioner with over 25 years of experience. She has specific experience and strength in talent acquisition, human resource development, compensation and benefits development, payroll administration and management, talent management, employee communication and relations. She is a visionary and performance focused professional. Coupled with that, she has excellent business acumen with strong work ethics.
Elsie has worked in various multi-national and local SMEs and in different sectors such as manufacturing, electronics, construction, engineering and oil & gas. Her span of responsibility and experience are spent in various regional and leadership roles across different regions in ASEAN, Australia, China and Middle East.
Elsie graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource and a MBA in Finance. She also possesses the Certificate in Workplace Basics from Fairwork Commission Australia. She is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• 24 September 2021 (2nd Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
• "Very good program to understand the concepts. Very applicable to work" - Sharon Ng
Past Participant Organisations
• Hwa Chong International School
• Ziehm Imaging Singapore Pte Ltd