During this workshop, participants will identify and document training needs and evaluate if training improves business results.
• Understand the importance of having a systematic training needs assessment and training evaluation.
• Acquire a framework for understanding training needs assessment and evaluation.
• Identify the process to undertake and to assess training needs assessment.
• Use different evaluation methods to measure the impact of training on individual and the organisation.
1. Linking individual needs to the strategic directions of the business.
2. Different Training Needs Analysis methods and its application for different groups of employees.
3. Translating training assessment into Organisational Training Plan.
4. Different evaluation methods and its usefulness.
5. Quantifying soft and hard data to measures training outcomes.
6. Defining and measuring the impact of training on businesses.
7. Calculating Return on Investment (ROI) on training.
Who should attend
• All executives and managers responsible for training and development, and those who needs to conduct training needs assessment, designing programs and evaluating their usefulness and impact on individual and business performance.
Bernard Tay has over 20 years corporate experience in human resource and development across varied industries ranging from airport services, telecommunications, electronics, appliances, medical to energy sector.
He has worked as regional manager in renowned America and Japanese organisation covering full spectrum of human resource management including expatriate and local compensation design and implementation for outbound and inbound overseas assignments.
He is a regular speaker and workshop facilitator to international and local participants keen to learn about topical issues in human resource and people behaviour. His training engagements and assessment have taken him to countries like Taiwan, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. Bernard is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He has also completed almost a year of working stint in Virginia, USA.
• Date to be advised (3rd Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0048703.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• UTAP Funding is available.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Bernard is a good and interactive trainer. Willing and happy to share and exchange experiences and personal advice."
Past Participant Organisations
• Agency for Integrated Care, Aramco Asia Singapore, ARA Management.
• Leo Tech Services.
• Ingenico International (Singapore), Institute Of Technical Education.
• KOEI TECMO Singapore.
• National Environment Agency.
• Safran Electronics & Defense Services Asia, Singapore Power, SLS Bearings.
• The LearningLab Education Centre.
• White Clarke Asia Pacific.