In a Digital Economy characterized by rapid rate of changes, leveraging training solutions per se will be inadequate to ready an organization and its workforce for contemporary challenges. The advent of Industrial 4.0 adds to the challenges.
Taking a more learning-centric approach adopting Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) accompanied by a Learning Effectiveness Evaluation (LEE) will be strategic imperatives for organizations and their workforce to keep abreast with the challenges, and to meet the needs of the challenges. These practices enable the workforce in an organization to align their leaning solutions with the deliverables expected of them more effectively and efficiently.
This two-day course will equip participants on the know-how of a structured LNA approach to determine employees learning need solutions in order to fulfill the deliverables expected of them in response to business direction, operational needs, and personal needs taking into consideration environmental development. This is accompanied by a corresponding structured LEE to ensure that the learning solutions are effectively optimizing the human resources and capital. Participants will learn that LNA and LEE collectively is an integral part of the business success. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring along their actual case to put their learning into application. Participants can expect to walk away more enabled to manage LNA and LEE proficiently.
• Appreciate the differences between training and learning
• Learn a LNA framework
• Learn a structured approach of LNA
• Learn a LEE framework
• Learn a structured approach of LEE
• Learn linkage of LEE with LNA
• Learn the essentials of review and evaluation of LAN and LEE for continuous improvement
1. Differences between Training and Learning
2. Introduction to LNA framework and process
• Learning styles
• Determine deliverables based on business direction
• Determine deliverables based on operational needs
• Determine deliverables based on Individual Performance Gaps
• Determine deliverables based on Threats and Opportunities
• Determine deliverables based on Competency Needs
• Determine the learning required of all the deliverables
• Identify learning intervention types
• Determine the specific learning events / solutions required
• Commitment for the learning events / solutions completion
3. Application of LNA
4. Introduction to LEE framework and process
• 3 levels of LEE
• Methods of LEE
• Aligning LEE to learning solutions
• Commitment for LEE
5. Application of LEE
6. Review and evaluate LNA and LEE for continuous improvement
• Group Discussion
Who should attend
Human Resource Executives, Human Resource Managers, Training Practitioners and those who are in Human Resource Development and Organisational Development.
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Elevate organization’s and HR’s capabilities to more effectively analyze learning needs
• Become more proficient in determining learning solutions, beyond training solutions, to fulfill deliverables
• Optimize human resources and capital with pragmatic learning analysis, learning solutions and effectiveness evaluation
• Equip HR/Training practitioners with a strategic mindset & skillset, and to play a more active strategic role in an organization
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What are the differences between training / TNA / TEE (Training Effectiveness Evaluation) and learning / LNA / LEE?
• How can LAN and LEE fulfill deliverables more effectively and efficiently?
• Are LAN and LEE yet another administrative tasks or are they strategic imperatives?
• How to perform LNA and LEE?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned a ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing into the trainings.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• 14 & 15 August 2019 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• Two days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options