HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Malaysian Workers During COVID-19
Dear Fellow HR practitioners,
I would like to seek for your help with this benchmarking with companies in O&G for the following questions:
1. Do you have Malaysian workers opted to stay in Singapore?
2. Type of Accommodation given.
3. How much is the daily allowance given?
4. For those who have provided hotel stay, what is your plan if the Malasia lockdown is prolonged for another month or two?
a. are you considering to get an HDB?
b. provide them housing allowance and let them find their own bed space?
c. convert office facilities to temporary living quarters?
Your reply is highly appreciated!
Yes, we do have Malaysian workers now in Malaysia wanting to return to Singapore.
We only allow if they are able to find “long term” accommodation as our advice to staff is that in view of evolving outcome of COVID-19, there are too many uncertainties thus the company can arrange stay during “SHN” compliance.
However it is not feasible for company to arrange accommodation beyond 14 days SHN, staff need to find a more permanent accommodation before we able to bring them back to SIN.
STILL NOT SURE ABOUT THE HR COMMUNITY? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.