How has COVID-19 affected your way of leading your people through changes and influencing their performance? Forces of change such as technology invasion, economic crisis and social impact have changed the way of working. Work changes such as work-from-home and social distancing have impacted people mentally and socially. As Leaders, how do we help them to help them adapt to changes, stay motivated and progress.
• Understand impact of changes on staff at the workplace in light of COVID-19
• Identify relevant competencies to stay relevant which affects hiring, appraisal, learning and rewards
• Helping staff accepting changes at work
• Increase staff engagement
• Review SMART goals and appraisal factors for realistic performance management
• Give constructive feedback and apply coaching to help staff learn and grow
• Apply a comprehensive and structured approach to ensure a fruitful outcome from the appraisal discussions.
• External environmental factors impacting staff in the organisation
• 3 stages of leading staff towards change plans
• 4 stages of change that impact staff and leadership support
• ALERT competencies to help staff be future-ready
• Factors causing staff resistance to changes
• N.C.H.O.R. factors to enhance change leadership
• SMART Goal Setting which are aligned with changes in organisational direction
• Use SBI approach in giving objective feedback
• Use Let’s TALK process for handling challenging performance conversations
• 8 steps to conducting ffective appraisal discussion
• A GROW model for helping staff plan their future
• Avoid pitfalls in appraisals, such as halo effect, stereotyping
Who should attend
• Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders (HR and non-HR) who are responsible for the performance of their team members.
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
• Guided lectures
• Interactive discussions
• Skill Practice
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation. Susan is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 23 December 2020 (New!)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options