In today’s global economy, having a diverse workforce is not a luxury. It is a competitive necessity. In such situation, companies are forced to hire foreign experts to enhance their operations or send their employees to work in their overseas entity in order to enhance or gain experience in global operations.
Such assignments are sometimes for long period and represent a significant investment for the company. Studies have shown that more than 40% of such assignments failed because of dissatisfaction from the expatriate or poor management of such assignment. Such failures have cost the companies to lose millions of dollars as well as time, resources and competitive advantage.
International assignment is now an important aspect of company’s operation and HR professionals must be equipped with the knowledge and skills to better manage such activity and process.
(Face-to-face training has resumed with safe distancing and precautionary measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses)
• Understand the different reasons and type of international assignments and why some international assignments failed.
• Appreciate the various costing associate with international assignment
• Develop policies relating to the international assignment life cycle.
• Manage effectively the various stages of the international assignment.
• Understand the components associate with expatriate’s compensation and benefits.
Introduction to international assignment
• Reasons and objectives for international assignment
• Types of international assignment
• Costs associated with international assignment
Pre, during and post assignment considerations
• Selection of assignee
• Pre-assignment consideration
• During assignment consideration
• Post-assignment consideration
Managing the assignment process
• Company’s Responsibility
Components of expatriate’s compensation
• Types of component in expatriate’s compensation
• When to localised?
Who should attend
• HR Managers and HR Executives or Administrators
• Line Managers
• Any other people involve or handle the international assignment activity in the organisation
To ensure that learners acquired the underpinning knowledge and performance statement, the workshop will incorporate the following methodologies:
• Trainer’s Presentation
• Group Discussion and Experience Sharing
• Group Activities
• Individual Exercises
Maurice Tan is a seasoned and strong HR practitioner with more than 38 years of broad-based experience in multi-HR disciplines and has serving many organizations from varied industries as Head of the HR function responsible for the Asia Pacific region. He has worked with many foreign MNC and been involved in expatriate management and foreign placement for more than 30 years.
During his employment, Maurice is an active trainer and has conducted in-house training programs for many organisations, academic programs and public-run workshops for training institutions.
• Date to be advised (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options