HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
No Pay Leave And MC During Notice Period
Hi HR Professionals,
If an employee resigns and serves 1-month notice and during this period, continues taking MCs and no pay leave, how do you handle this issue without affecting other employees' morale?
My company will usually pay off the notice period and remove this employees immediately.
During notice period:
1 Staff is still eligible for sick leave entitlement
2. If approval granted for No Pay Leave, the notice period should extend accordingly. (there is no such thing as NPL during notice period).
Just mutually agree to waive off the notice period or just pay him off, no point.
You can’t help it if it is MC, but you can choose not to approve no pay leave during notice period.
You can let the employee stay at home during notice period – garden leave. Or just pay him off and end the employment if he is negative.
I have this same situation as AK where staff tendered and take MC frequently during their 2 months’ notice period too. Other than having conversation with the resigned employee, I do not have a better solution.
STILL NOT SURE ABOUT THE HR COMMUNITY? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.