HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Overseas Hospitalization Leave


Hi HR professionals,

Do you recognize Hospitalization leave from overseas hospitals?




Reply 1

We usually will consider the overseas medical cert only if it is under the group of panel doctors of the insurance company that your company uses. If not, we do not recognise it.




Reply 2

If your employee is tasked to work overseas and in the event he needs to be hospitalised there, then yes. It should be recognised.

However, if the employee was overseas for his vacation or during his annual leave, meaning not due to work, then the answer is NO under the Employment Act. However, it is up to individual company to see whether they would like to recognise the certificates, as at the end of the day, this is still a benefit given by the company.