This workshop will give all non-HR people in the organisation on overview of the HR functions and their relevance to organisational quality and effectiveness.
Human capital is the only active capital in any organisation. Without human capital, financial capital and physical capital cannot create value on their own. Without capable people an organisation’s strategy cannot be implemented to accomplish its goals no matter how good its strategy is.
Human resources and human resource capabilities are a key part of intangible values which have over the last four decades caught up in terms of proportion with tangible values of an organisation’s market value.
HR is the largest operating expense in an organisation. It is also regarded as an investment. Therefore, it is imperative that the human resource management role and function is understood and embraced all whose responsibilities include people management to optimise this valuable capital.
This one-day workshop will give all non- HR people in the organisation on overview of the HR functions and their relevance to organisational quality and effectiveness.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all our courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• To appreciate the importance of Human Resource Management in an organisation's business strategy.
• To show that effective Human Resource Management can improve business performance.
• To understand the fact that Human Resource Management is also the responsibility of all managers, supervisors and anyone with people-management responsibility.
• To educate Non-HR people the many functions of Human Resource Management and their applications.
• To let participants practice some skills learned.
I. Some business challenges
- Operating in a new environment
- The Gig Economy: How it impacts HR management
- Singapore employees’ job satisfaction and engagement ranking in Asia Pacific: A wakeup call
II. Competitive advantage through superior Human Capital Management
- Superior HCM equals Higher Share Holder Value: compelling evidence
- Human Resources as assets
III. Employment Engagement
- Economic contract
- Psychological contract
IV. Human Resource Management
- The importance of HRM
- A comprehensive HRM Model
V. The Human Resource Management functions
- HR Planning
- Orientation and On-boarding
- Performance Appraisal
- Training and Development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Safety and Health
- Industrial Relations
VI. Law and compliance
- Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices
- Governance and Business Ethics
- Whistle blowing
- Sexual harassment
- Personal Data Protection
VII. Employee Engagement
- Disengaged employees costs Singapore billions of dollars in growth
- What it is and its benefits
- Who is responsible
- How employee engagement leads to better business performance
- Engaging millennials
VIII. HR’s Changing Role
- Evolution of the HR role
- The traditional model versus the transformed model
Who should attend
• All HR Line Managers, Supervisors, Officers, Executives, Assistants.
• Anyone who need to gain better understanding of HR practices and procedures to fulfill their HR role within the organization.
Elsie Low is a HR Practitioner with over 25 years of experience. She has specific experience and strength in talent acquisition, human resource development, compensation and benefits development, payroll administration and management, talent management, employee communication and relations. She is a visionary and performance focused professional. Coupled with that, she has excellent business acumen with strong work ethics.
Elsie has worked in various multi-national and local SMEs and in different sectors such as manufacturing, electronics, construction, engineering and oil & gas. Her span of responsibility and experience are spent in various regional and leadership roles across different regions in ASEAN, Australia, China and Middle East.
Elsie graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource and a MBA in Finance. She also possesses the Certificate in Workplace Basics from Fairwork Commission Australia. She is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE’s HR Certification Courses.
• 9 March 2021 (19th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0050662.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Knowledgeable trainer who is able to share useful examples from the industry" - Noraini Bte Mohd Hanifah Rasfee, Institute of Technical Education
• "After this training, I will contribute ideas to improve on our HR roles!"
• "Useful actual examples, sharing by attendees, with good explanation, advice from the trainer." - Samantha Hoe, Yamaha Motor Asia Pte Ltd
• "Thank you Mr Chan to provide many examples on HR related information." - Jennifer Hung, SCSK Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT Management Limited, Alpine Engineering Services Pte Ltd, ANSAC, Autovox Pte Ltd, Aegis Building & Engineering Pte Ltd, Antics Holdings Pte Ltd, Applied Satellite Technology Asia Pte Ltd, AGC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
• BOC Aviation Ltd, Borouge Pte Ltd, BW Offshore Singapore Pte Ltd, Bystronic Asia Pte Ltd, Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council
• Capital Dynamics (S) Pte Ltd, CapitaLand, CEVA Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Chemical Specialties (S) Pte Ltd, City Wash Pte Ltd, Casino Regulatory Authority, Collars Consultancy Pte Ltd, Caldecott Group
• DHL Supply Chain, Digi Wireless Singapore Pte Ltd, DNR Process Solutions Pte Ltd, DTG International Gmbh, Dentalthon Medtech Pte Ltd, Deif Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
• EA Consulting Group, EDZ Interior Contracts Pte Ltd, Eisai Asia Regional Services Pte Ltd, EUT Fashion (S) Pte Ltd, Everett Charles Technologies, Eastport Chartering Pte Ltd
• GL Noble Denton, Global Maritime Consultancy Pte Ltd
• H.I.S. International Travel Pte Ltd, Heeton Management, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Hobee Print Pte Ltd, Huhtamaki Singapore Pte Ltd, Hurco (S E Asia) Pte Ltd, Heliconia Capital Management Pte Ltd, Hunting Energy Services Pte Ltd
• Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Infolog Pte Ltd, Interflour Group Pte Ltd, Institute of Technical Education
• JA Scaffolding & Engineering Enterprise, JobsCentral
• Keong Hong Construction Pte Ltd, Kim Yuen Electrical Engineering Pte Ltd
• Lam Learning Hub Pte Ltd, Lemo Asia Pte Ltd, Leo Burnett (S)
• Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth, Ministry of Law, Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
• National Healthcare Group, National Library Board, Nestle Singapore, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nichiyu Asia Pte Ltd, Norgas Carriers Pte Ltd, NRS Tunneling & Construction Supplies Pte Ltd, NVT Technology Pte Ltd, National Institute of Education
• OUE Limited
• PricewaterhouseCoopers, POLWEL Co-operative Society Limited, PropNex Property Management Consultants Pte Ltd
• Ras The Essence Of India, Reichle + De-Massari Far East (Pte) Ltd, Republic Polytechnic, Research Instruments Pte Ltd, RGB Color
• Sabic Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Saipem Singapore Pte Ltd, Seagull Marine Pte Ltd, Self Leadership International Pte Ltd, Singapore Medical Council, Stamford American International School, SciGen Ltd, SCSK Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, SL Global Pte Ltd, Steward Cross Pte Ltd, Showa Denko HD Singapore Pte Ltd, Singapore Kindness Movement
• Tai Chong Cheang Steamship Co (Singapore) Pte Ltd, TGH AP Pte Ltd, The Law Society of Singapore, The National Art Gallery, Tong Teik Pte Ltd, Tourism Management Institute of Singapore, Tokyo Century Leasing (Singapore) Pte Ltd
• United Veterinary Clinic Pte Ltd
• Watkins Syndicate Singapore Pte Ltd, WIKA Instrumentation Pte Ltd
• Yamaha Motor Asia Pte Ltd, Yayasan MENDAKI