HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Dear HR Community,
As a result of our restructuring efforts, we are starting to convert some full-time employees to part-time.
The conversion will take place on 1 September 2020.
The working hours will reduce to four hours a day for five days a week.
The current leave entitlement for full-time employees is 25 days per annum.
The questions I have are:
1. How to calculate leave after the conversion.
2. When they go on leave after 1 September, is it half or full-day.
Please reply in the form shown below.
We are in the banking industry.
Thank you very much for your comments in advance.
HR Poll: Are you planning to convert staff from full to part-time?
Yes, I am planning to - 22.22%
No, we don't intend to - 55.56%
Not sure what we will do yet - 22.22%
REPLIES & COMMENTS
1. Pro-rate by date. Pre-Sept: Normal entitlement. Post-Sept: Pro-rated. This is the fairest and easiest to defend.
2. Then pro-rate by the half-day arrangement for post-Sept entitlement.
3. Once you have the combined numbers, you can then go about adjusting for people who have over-consumed annual leave.