Valuable insights relating to payroll administration.
Payroll administration encompasses all the tasks involved in paying an organization’s employees. It typically involves keeping track of days/hours worked and ensuring that employees receive the appropriate amount of pay. It also includes calculating legislated contributions that employees have to make e.g. Central Provident Fund, ethnic and skills development funds etc. as well as ensuring that taxes due by employees are properly withheld and processed.
Payroll administration is an important function of the organisation and it is important for HR and payroll staff to be competent in these areas and knowledge. Employees expect employers to pay salaries on time and according to the agreed terms in their contract of employment. It is inexcusable and unprofessional if HR fails to accomplish this. The HR and payroll professionals must also be on top of all the legislative requirements and market trends that involves payroll.
This one day workshop will provide participants with valuable insights relating to payroll administration, all legislative requirements surrounding payroll, the latest trend and market practices for payroll and the options for outsourcing payroll.
• Define payroll administration and explain its functions.
• Link payroll administration to overall company remuneration strategy.
• Identify legislation applicable to payroll.
• Check for and ensure compliance of all payroll related legislation.
• Calculate payroll and its related payments.
• Identify options for payroll outsourcing.
• Establish criteria for selection of service providers.
1. Payroll Administration
- Linkage to overall remuneration strategy
- Objectives of Compensation
- Components of Compensation
2. Applicable Legislation including:
- Employment Act
- CPF Act
- Income Tax Act
- Retirement Act
- NS Act
- Employment (Part-Time Employees) Regulations
3. Calculations of payroll and all payroll related payments
4. Outsourcing – opportunities and evaluation of service providers
• HR Executives, HR Managers, Administrators.
• Finance or Accounting Staff and those who handle the Compensation & Benefits/Payroll function in their organisations.
He also worked as the Group HR Manager for Mewah International Inc., one of the largest palm oil refiners and traders in the world, headquartered in Singapore with 3 refineries in Malaysia and marketing offices in China, Australia, Russia, Rumania, Poland, Brazil and Argentina. Leading a team of 28 HR professionals, he was charged with setting the overall direction for HR policies and practices across the Mewah Group.
By way of academic achievements, Noel holds a Master’s of Science (UK) majoring in HRM and a Diploma in Industrial Relations. He also successfully completed the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
Noel is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• 13 February 2018 - 30th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0013937.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Nice lunch provided, things taught were well-explained & easy to understand, and was able to relate to real life problems."
• "Overall was great!" – Ho Kay Xian, Nippon Express (Singapore)
• "Noel was very good, I enjoyed the day." – Emma Jane Bergin, Navig8
• "Interesting and a very valuable course."
• "Experienced and knowledgeable trainer!"
Past Participant Organisations
• AAXICO Asia-Pacific, Abwin, Acument Asia Pacific, Adecco Personnel, Aerolog Express, AET Shipmanagement, AETOS Security Management, Agency for Science Technology & Research, AIMT, Akrion, Albany Asia Pacific, Alliance One International, Altus Shipping & Logistics, AMD, Amega West AP, Aqua-Terra Supply, Art Square Creation, Ascendas Land (Singapore), ASML Singapore, ATR Eastern Support, Audex, Auma Actuators, Australian International School, Adidas Singapore, Aecom Singapore.
• Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow, BGC International, BHP Billiton Marketing Asia, BHP Billiton Shared Services Centre, BHP Billiton, BMC Software, Brein LLP, Brother International Singapore, BAM Asia Entertainment Network LLP.
• Carousell, CapitaLand, Cargill International Trading, Casino Regulatory Authority, Cathay Organisation, Central Provident Fund Board, Ceragon Networks APAC, Cerebos Pacific, Certis Cisco Aviation Security, Chinese Swimming Club, Cim Global Business Singapore, CnetG Asia, Competition Commission of Singapore, Communication Services, Conergy Renewable Energy Singapore, Counselling and Care Centre, CPG Corporation, CSC Holdings, CSE-Transtel, CSL International (1993).
• D3, DaimlerChrysler, Deluge Fire Protection (S.E.A), Dexia Banque Internationale A Luxembourg S.A., Dyna-Mac Engineering Services, Dyson.
• Eastcompeace Smartcard, Eastport Maritime, Economic Development Board, Eden School, Emerson Network Power, Envipure, Eu Yang Sang, Ever Progressing System.
• Family Leisure, Ferring Private Ltd, Finisar Singapore, Fibrwrap Construction, FMC Technologies Singapore, Freshening Industries, Fuji Oil (Singapore).
• Gallaher Singapore, Garmco, Gates Unitta Asia Trading Company, Genesis Education Holding, Global Foundries Singapore, GMP Recruitment Services, Good News Community Services, Google, Greee, Tweed & Co, Gucci Singapore, Great American Insurance Company.
• Hallin Marine Singapore, Healthway Medical Group, Heatec Jietong, Hennecke-Maruka Asia, Heng Guan Poultry Industries, Hewitt HR Delivery Services, Hitachi Asia, Hitachi Cable Asia Pacific, Hitachi Construction Machinery Asia & Pacific, Housing & Development Board, Hoy San Stevedoring, HSBC Private Bank (Suisse), Huey Tian, Hu-Tech Consulting, Hwa Chong Institution, Hans Jensen Lubricators Singapore, Health Promotion Board.
• ICBC Standard Bank Plc, Singapore Branch, ING Bank N.V., Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Interflour Group, International Enterprise Singapore Board, Inter-Roller Engineering, ISHIMA, ISS Facility Services, Isuzu Motors, Ipsos.
• JA Mitsui Leasing Singapore, JMS Singapore, Jobline Consultancy, JTC Corporation, Jurong International Holdings.
• KB Associates, Kajima Overseas Asia, Keppel Land International, Keppel Singmarine, Kerry Ingredients Asia, Kingsmen Creatives, Kraft Foods Asia Pacific Services, Kumon Asia & Oceania, Knight Auto Precision Engineering.
• Litespeed Education, Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch & Cie (Singapore), Luther Corporate Services, LASALLE College of the Arts.
• M1 Limited, Mapletree Investments, Maritime And Port Authority of Singapore, Marsh (Singapore), Masjid Al-Mawaddah, McCann Worldgroup, MEWR, MINDEF, Ministry of Defence, Mitsubishi Elevator, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Monetary Authority of Singapore, Muhibbah Engineering, Murata Electronics Singapore, Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific.
• National Service Resort & Country Club, Navig8, NCS, NCT Technology, Nippon Express, Nor Offshore, Novexx, NTT Singapore, NTUC FairPrice Co-operative.
• O.B. Singapore, Oiltanking Singapore, Oracle Corporation, Orthodontic Master (S).
• PanFlex, PCI, Pertamina Energy Services, Petrofac Southeast Asia, Plant Engineering Construction, Premium Automobiles, Purple Sage, People's Association, Paradise Group Holdings.
• Raffles Medical Group, Research Instruments, RGB Color, Rico, Risorsa Umana Solutions, Rohde & Schwarz Asia, Rolls-Royce Singapore, Roper Southeast Asia, Royal Danish Embassy.
• SABIC Asia Pacific, Samsung Asia, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Schlegel Elektrokontakt Co, SDV Logistics, Seascape Surveys, SembCorp Design and Construction, Senoko Energy, Shangri-la Hotel Singapore, SINDA (Singapore Indian Development Association), Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises, Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore LNG Corporation, Siregar Software Solutions, SITA Information Networking Computing, ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems), Starwood Asia Pacific Hotels & Resorts, Straits Asia Resources, Sumitomo Chemical Asia, Schneider Electric South East Asia (HQ), SSA Consulting Group, Seng Hua Hng Foodstuff.
• Tai Chong Cheang Steamship Co (Singapore), Talent2 HRO, Tantallon Capital Advisors, Teambuild Construction, T-est, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, The Star Performing Arts Centre, The Tanglin Club, Thomson Catering & Enterprises, TNS Group Holdings, Total Oil Asia-Pacific, Trafigura, TÜV SÜD PSB, TOTO Asia Oceania.
• UWCSEA, Valle Verde, Vantage Drilling, Ventus Global, VICOM, Vigilantech Security Management, Virtual HR, Vital.org.
• Wee Chwee Huat Scaffolding & Construction, Weishen Industrial Services, Wieland Metals Singapore.
• Xyratex Technology, Young Living Singapore, YTL PowerSeraya, Zapper Services, ZOLL Medical.