During this course participants will review and amend their existing HR policies, procedures and rules to align with PDPA
The PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act) is a data protection law comprises of various rules governing the collection, usage, disclosure and protection of personal data. It recognises the rights of an individual to protect their personal data from misuse, including rights to access and correction of personal data.
As HR practitioners often handle and come across employees and job candidates’ personal data, it is critical they understand how the PDPA can affect their work and policies. Thus, HR practitioners needs to review and re-evaluate existing HR polices and processes in order to align with the Act.
Key areas of HR functions include Recruitment & Selection, Benefits and Compensation, Training and Development, Employee Relations, Workplace Safety and Health, Compliance and more will have to ensure compliance of the PDPA, if they collect, use and or share employees’/ potential employees’ data.
Though it is essential to utilise these personal data for specific purpose/s, other obligations such as protection and retention must be adhere to. Any breach of the PDPA provision will attract both criminal and or civil action taken against the organisation.
"The trainer will be covering on the latest stricter rules to protect NRIC data from September 2019!"
All companies operating in Singapore must comply with the PDPA and demonstrate that it has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) or a DPO team and that they are TRAINED. Participants attending this workshop will receive the Certificates of Attendance as a proof that they have undergone the PDPA training.
• 9 key obligations of the PDPA and Do Not Call Provisions.
• Key Exemptions of the PDPA.
• Implication of PDPA and HR function.
• Identify and review HR practices/ processes to ensure compliance.
• Develop internal data protection policies and communication plans.
• Introduction to PDPA, 9 key obligations and DNC registry.
• PDPA exemptions under Schedule 2 of the PDPA.
• Implications of breaching the PDPA
• Roles and responsibilities of HR Managers and Personal Data Protection Officer.
• How to conduct personal data inventory for HR department and mapping existing processes with PDPA obligations.
• Development of internal data protection policies and conduct staff communication.
• Sample PDPA clauses for HR
• Stricter rules to NRIC - When can we collect, use or disclose NRIC numbers?
• Real case studies relating to PDPA
• Working with third parties and data intermediaries
• Managing data breaches
Who should attend
• HR Managers
• Data Protection Officer.
• Those training to be in HR profession.
Leslie Lim stands at the forefront of the fastest moving adult education industry. He spent the past five years transforming behaviours and mindset of his participants, providing them with a set of attributes to enhance and excel in their undertakings.
Being an assiduous adult educator, Leslie has championed the significance of continuous learning to his consumer customers; he has been awarded top 10 associate trainers by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies in year 2014.
Following his passion in adult education, Leslie embarked onto consultancy works and training in Personal Data Protection Act. Leslie conducts PDPA compliance assessment/ training with businesses, review and provides follow up and corrective measures to his clienteles to ensure compliance with the PDPA. Managing PDPA compliance is cross functional, and hence Leslie is familiar with processes of HR, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Administration, IT, Facility & Security.
Some of the organisation that has been trained by Leslie include The Polyolefin Company, Sumitomo Groups of Companies, One Degree 15 Marina Club, The Tanglin Club, Laguna Golf & Country Club, Best Denki, Richemont Luxury, The Chevron Club, Raffles Marina Club, Hotel Royal @ Queens, Metta Welfare Association, Sincere Watch Group, C Melchers, A*Star.
Throughout his 9-years tenure with Mobil Oil/ ExxonMobil, Leslie has built a reputation for achieving business objectives, incubating new operational models. Besides meeting sales objectives, he is also primarily responsible for hiring & recruitment, training & development, execution of workplace safety and health policies & procedures and loss prevention system.
Embracing the core values of integrity, innovation, and growth, Leslie is offered the opportunity to move on to the management of Cheers Holding (subsidiary of FairPrice) in 2007. He held the position of Area Manager, where his leadership is further extended to the responsibilities of guidance and supervision of clusters of convenience stores.
Leslie holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Entrepreneurship and Management. He has also attained the Advance Certificate in Training and Assessment.
• 27 September 2019 (8th Run) - Confirmed & Closed
• 7 November 2019 (9th Run)
• 3 December 2019 (10th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• UTAP Funding is available.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "The class was really enjoyable. Fun interaction." - Neo Li Ting, Hertel Singapore Pte Ltd
• "Thank you very much Leslie, for making a difficult topic interesting and easier to understand." - Chan Mei Ming, Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church
• "Trainer is very knowledgeable. Able to advise on all scenarios shared during the class."- Felicia See, Home Nursing Foundation
• "Very useful training. Effective trainer!" - Bonnie Sii, Singapore Centre for Chinese Language
• "Leslie has shown his knowledge on this topic which make us more confident in asking him our queries."
• "Leslie is a good trainer. Have a clearer picture of PDPA after the course!"
• "Very useful, trainer very knowledgeable!"
• "Was mentally prepared for a “dry” lesson but was surprisingly fun and engaging with very relevant examples." - Marianne Phua, Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled
• "A very useful training program for HR officers. Direct Relevance. Good examples cited!" - Vimala Roy, Parliament of Singapore
Past Participant Organisations
• Asti Holdings Ltd, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore, Alphatron Marine Systems Pte Ltd, Agricultural Bank of China Ltd, Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church, Asahi Kasei Synthetic Rubber Singapore Pte Ltd
• Bishan Home for Intellectually Disabled, Brunel International South East Asia Pte Ltd
• Casino Regulatory Authority, CareerBuilder (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Chan Brothers Travel Pte Ltd
• Dragages Singapore Pte Ltd, Dredging International Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, DDI-Asia/Pacific International Ltd
• Eltek Power, Energy Market Authority, Ebi Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd, Enable Consulting Pte Ltd
• Fitch Ratings, FriarTuck Pte Ltd
• Goodrich Global Pte Ltd, Gemalto Pte Ltd
• Health Promotion Board, Housing & Development Board, Home Nursing Foundation, Hertel Singapore Pte Ltd
• Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), IAG (Asia) General Pte Ltd, ITOKI Systems (S) Pte Ltd
• LASALLE College of the Arts Limited
• Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Mitsubishi Nichiyu Forklift Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Marriott International, Mayer Brown JSM (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Metta School, MSIG Holdings (Asia) Pte Ltd
• National Institute of Education, NTN Bearing-Singapore Pte Ltd
• Okamoto Singapore Pte Ltd
• Parliament of Singapore, PT. BCCard Asia Pacific, Prada Singapore Pte Ltd, Petro-Diamond Singapore (Pte) Ltd
• Raffles Girls' School (Secondary), Rohde & Schwarz Asia Pte Ltd, Raffles Quay Asset Management Pte Ltd
• Singapore Labour Foundation, Spa Esprit Group, Saipem Singapore Pte Ltd, Sanyo Denki Singapore Pte Ltd, SMC Pneumatics (SEA) Pte Ltd, Singapore Children's Society, Stahl Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Symrise Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Singapore Centre for Chinese Language, Subsea 7 Crewing Services Pte Ltd, Samsung Electro-Mechanics Pte Ltd, Strategic Public Relations Pte Ltd
• Teva Pharmaceutical Investments Singapore Pte Ltd, The National University of Singapore Society, Tai Chong Cheang Steamship Co (Singapore) Pte Ltd, The Salvation Army, Tan Tock Seng Hospital Pte Ltd
• Vitol Asia Pte Ltd, Victory Shipping Pte Ltd
• York Transport Equipment (ASIA) Pte Ltd
• Zwick Asia Pte. Ltd