Do you dread handling performance discussions?
Performance Management starts with setting SMART and meaningful objectives that staff are committed to.
Subsequently, constructive feedback, coaching and performance discussions, supervisors encourage people to develop to their best ability.
Effective performance management ensures staff are motivated and engaged to achieve high performance. This creates a win-win outcome for staff, management and organisation.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, we will maintain small class size for all courses. Hotels has taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and door knobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available. Travel Declaration Form will be sent to all participants prior to the training sessions)
(Social Distancing: There will be less participants at each table and comfortable seating space at the lunch area)
In this one-day workshop, participants will learn how to:
• Adopt a holistic framework and positive mindset towards performance management
• Alignment of organisational performance with individual performance
• Use behavioural competencies to manage individual and team performance
• Handle different types of performers
• Conduct fruitful performance conversations
• Motivate and engage staff through effective leadership practices
The workshop content is as follows:
• Elements and Key Success Factors of Performance Management
• 4 performance quadrants to handling low, average and high performers
• Set SMART targets that support team goals and organisational strategies
• How to give objective and constructive feedback, including performance gaps
• Use competencies and competency matrix for managing individual and team performance
• Use Let’s TALK approach to handle challenging feedback sessions
• 5-step approach to conducting appraisal discussions
• Avoid pitfalls in performance assessment, such as halo effect, bias, recency effect
• Apply leadership principles to influencing people to achieve results
Who should attend
• Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who are responsible for the performance of their team members
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
• Guided lectures
• Interactive discussions
• Skill Practice
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation. Susan is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
• 2 July 2020 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options