HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Rest Day or Overtime
For staff working 5 days work week (Mon-Fri), if they work on Saturday, Company should pay normal OT rate per hour worked? Or does it consider as Rest Day of MOM guidelines?
Thank you in advance!
1. You need to check if the staff is covered under employment act. If covered, working less than 4 hours is 1 day’s pay, more than 4 hours is 2 days’ pay. Anything beyond normal working hours is considered OT. If not covered (e.g. executive & above), Company can compensate as off in-lieu. All these can be found in MOM website
2. As per MOM, every employee must have 1 rest day in a week. Hence, for those who worked 5-day in a week, usually Saturday is considered off day and Sunday is considered a rest day. For those who worked on Saturday, OT rate is 1.5 if Saturday is considered their off day.
3. Company should pay OT.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.