HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Dear HR Colleagues,
Our Company is retiring several staff this year.
I would like know what are some of the retirement benefits that you offer to your staff who retires.
I have searched around but found no information on retirement benefits.
Please feel free to share with me. .Thank you!
The MOM website stipulates that an if an Employer has considered all available re-employment options within the organisation and is still unable to identify a suitable job for an Employee, the company may offer the Employee an Employment Assistance Payment (EAP).
There are 2 areas for discussions here :
1) Company's policy
2) Retirement and Re-employment Act.(RRA)
For (1) Our company's policy is to offer S$1000 to employees on their retirement (62 years of age onward)
For (2) Retirement and Re-employment Act (RRA)
a) If employees choose to retire when they reach 62 years of age or beyond, we offer them S$1000 as retirement benefit.
b) If employees upon reaching 62 years of age choose to be re-employed beyond retirement age, Company will offer a fixed term employment contract with new terms and conditions. If Company is unable to re-employ the employees, EAP (Employee Assistance Payment) will be payable as per the RRA.
POST YOUR MESSAGE TO THE HR COMMUNITY BELOW
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.