The objectives of this popular workshop include questioning the "specific relevance" of the experience of candidates and selecting the best person with the right culture fit
Poor hiring decisions waste valuable company resources and can diminish the credibility of your organization. To reduce mistakes in the selection process, interviewing skills must be upgraded and practiced regularly.
The objectives of this popular workshop include questioning the "specific relevance" of the experience of candidates and selecting the best person with the right culture fit.
• Deduce if the interviewee is lying.
• Create a competency-based profile of better performers.
• Prepare 16 types of interview questions.
• Question the "specific relevance" of the experience of candidates.
• Select the best person with the right culture fit.
• Interview styles e.g. Behavioral.
• Examples and application of various types of interview questions e.g. Negative balance, Negative Confirmation.
• Non-verbal behaviour.
• Interview Phases.
• Competencies e.g. Interpersonal awareness.
• Star qualities e.g. Creative intelligence.
• Non-HR Directors.
• Line Managers and supervisors.
• HR and non-HR officers, executives and assistants.
• Employees required to interview on a regular basis and have the responsibility for recruiting staff.
• Those who wish to improve and upgrade their interview and selection techniques skills.
Over the past 20 years, he has worked and consulted with companies in Human Resource Management. He regularly conducts consultancy and training programmes in Competency-based HR, Selection and Performance Management.
Hari also designed and developed the HR competency framework for the HRSINGAPORE's certification programmes. His training experience includes conducting public programmes, as well as in-house programmes for companies like GMP, KLM Cargo, Pan United, Courts, Centrepoint Properties, Humming House, Brunei Shell, CPF Board and MINDEF.
Born and bred in Singapore, Hari holds a Bachelor in Business Administration from the University of Singapore and a Diploma in Education from the National University of Singapore.
• 11 April 2018 - 86th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0006256.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Facilitator was very approachable, friendly and made training fun."
• "The duration of the workshop is just right, the trainer is knowledgeable." - Teo Siew Poh, Intertek Testing Services (S) Pte Ltd
• "Thank you for impacting and sharing knowledge." - Sherrill Marie Vanden Driesen, Atlas Linkz Consulting Sdn Bhd
• "Training program and course materials are very comprehensive. Trainer is very knowledgeable and effective in conveying the theories. Good workshop for managers and HR professionals." - Oh Yi Von, Koon Construction & Transport Co. Pte Ltd
• "Great. Materials are short and simple to understand. I am not conducting interviews but this is interesting to me. Enjoyed the course very much!" - Stephanie Goh, The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited
• "The trainer was effective and the information comprehensive – good take-aways!" - Caroline Sanders, International SOS
• "I am very happy with this session as it was relevant to me." - Linda Koh, Koufu Pte Ltd
• "Practical and easily implemented in workplace. Timing/duration was just nice!" - Hia Chi Meng, National Service Resort & Country Club
• "The information given is relevant and applicable to my work." – Nadia Melati, Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura
• "Mr Hari is very experienced, professional in his delivering of the lectures." - Lam Meng Choo, Singapore Customs
• "The training activities are fun and relevant to apply the skills learnt during the course." - Joyce Lim, Singapore Customs
• "Trainer is very lively. Very appropriate role playing and case discussion used." - Serene Lim, Singapore Medical Council
• "I've learnt how to prepare interview questions and how to apply different interview style to different candidates. It's very useful in my future selection." - Ivy Liu, Singapore Component
• "Enjoyed the course, eye opener as I was not exposed to HR Functions before. I've picked up valuable techniques that I'll definitely be using in the future." - Pang Yong Song, Keppel Corporation
• "Well done! Thank you for the impartation of knowledge." - Grace Gan, Faith Community Baptist Church
• "Trainer was professional, precise and straight-forward. Overall, good." - Ivy Ng, Nuance-Watson (Singapore) Pte Ltd
• "Good session with adequate role playing which helped understanding." - Lydia Wong, Nuance-Watson (Singapore) Pte Ltd
• "The workshop is very interactive." - Toh Pei Yung, Ministry of National Development
• "The workshop in informative and provides the foundation to interview techniques for job selection."
• "The sharing on formulating behavioral questions have widen my perspective understanding the candidates in depth. Thank You!" - Kelly Chew, Kumon Asia & Oceanic
• "Interesting workshop to keep participants active." - Priscilla Yip, Kumon Asia & Oceanic
• "Very well presented, very clear and information is very good." - Cynthia Martin, Allianz Global Investors Singapore
• "I enjoyed Hari's training as he was able to simplify terms and making things relevant to the participants. He was clear with his instructions on class activities. He was also able to add humor throughout the session." - Evelyn Yeo, Novena Holdings
• "Trainer was able to simplify thing & I find it easy to digest." - Sapmodi Ahmad, Traders Hotel Singapore
• "Educational & Constructive, a good way to learn practical skills." - Wong May Kay, Inflight Productions
• "I have learnt many questioning skills which will be useful for my job." - Chua Sor Leng, Institute of Bioengineering & Nanotechnology
• "The workshop was really interesting & will surely help in my future interviewing skill." - Seannie Soon, Sharp Electronics
• "A good class mix and class participation esp. during the role play." - Grace Nah, Grand Copthorne Waterfront
• "Trainer is able to maintain the participants' attentiveness." - Rose Low, Flextronics Plastics
• " Very interesting. The role play was good." - Loke Huay Ean, Phillips Securities
• "The group discussions and presentations were lively and engaging and reinforced the skills to apply in conducting interviews." - Joelle Chui, NTUC Childcare
Past Participant Organisations
• 77th Street, Abwin, Acclaim Insurance Brokers, ACE Insurance, Adidas Singapore, Advanced Micro Devices, Aeroflex Asia, Aetos Security Management, Aetos, AFPD, Agency for Science Technology & Research, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore, Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Singapore, Ajinomoto, Akzo Nobel Car Refinishes, Allianz Dresdner, Allianz Global Investors Singapore, Alpha Analytical, American Bureau of Shipping, Ameron Malaysia, Amfraser Securities, Amkor Technology Singapore, Ang Mo Kio Hospital, Arisaig Partners, Arvato Digital Services, Arvato Systems Singapore, Ascott International Management Pte Ltd, Asia Pacific Breweries (Singapore), Aspire Career Services, Atlas Linkz Consulting, Aurora Executive Solutions, Avery Dennison, AVS Technologies, Adventus Singapore Pte Ltd, Azen Manufacturing Pte Ltd
• Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Jakarta Branch, Bausch & Lomb, BDP Global Services, Berg Propulsion Production, BGC Partners, Bilcare, Biomedical Sciences Institute, Boehringer Ingelheim Singapore, Bourbon Offshore, BP Singapore, Bradford Marine Services, Bright Vision Hospital, Brunel International SEA, BW Maritime
• CA Search, Cadskills, Cambert (F.E.), Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Canon Singapore, CapitaLand Commercial, CapitaLand, Cambridge Associates Asia, Cathay Organisation Holdings, CEI Contract Manufacturing, Celestica Electronics, Centillion Manufacturing Services, Central Provident Fund Board, CEVA Freight, CGG Services (Singapore), Changi Airport Group(S) Pte Ltd, Changi International Airport Services, CHASS Computer Consultants, Chemical Specialties(S), Chinese Swimming Club, Chlor-Al Chemical, CIBA Vision Asian Manufacturing & Logistics, CISCO Security, Citco Fund Services (Singapore), City Gas Pte Ltd (as Trustee), Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Club 21, CNT Health Food, Cold Storage, Cornerstone Planners, CPF Board, CPG Corporation.
• DBS Bank, Deep Sea Supply Management(Singapore), Defence Science & Technology Agency, Diethelm, Dimerco Express Singapore, Discovery Asia, Inc, Dnata Singapore, DP Architects, DSO, Duke-NUS, Dun & Bradstreet(Asia Pacific), Dyna-Mac Engineering Services, Dover Park Hospice
• EASB, Ebel Industries, Economic Development Board, Eisai Asia Regional Services, Eltra Aeronautics, Eng Lee Engineering, Equiptest Technologies, Ernst & Young Solutions LLP, Escatec Engineering, Esprit Retail, Estee Lauder Cosmetics, Eu Yan Sang Group, Eu Yan Sang International, Europtronic, Eveready Manufacturing, Executive Leasing, Extron Electronics, Asia.
• F&N, Fairview International School, Faith Community Baptist Church, FE Global Electronics, Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre, Finisar Singapore, Firium Solutions, Flextronics Plastics, FMC Technologies, FME Onyx, Foo Kon Tan Grant Thorton, Fraser Suites River Valley, Singapore, Frasers Hospitality Changi City, Fujitsu Asia
• Gas Services International, GE Keppel Energy Services, GE Plastics, Gemalto Pte Ltd, GIC, Global Financial Consultants, GMP Recruitment Services, GMR Energy (Singapore), Goh Yeow Seng, Goldheart Jewelry, Grand Corpthorne, Griffin Travel, Grohe Pacific, GroupM Singapore
• Haw Par Healthcare, Hilton Singapore, Hitachi Construction Machinery Asia & Pacific, Hong Leong Corporation, Housing & Development Board, Hoya Magnetics, HSBC Insurance, HSL Constructor, Huber Suhner Singapore, Hydrochem
• IBM Singapore, IC Equipment, IDC Asia/Pacific, IHI Marine, IHPC, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, IMRE, Index-Cool Furniture Design & Construction, Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific, Inflight Productions, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, Intelligence Asia, Ingram Micro Asia, Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Insolvency and Public Trustee's Office, Institute of Bioengineering & Nanotechnology, Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Institute of Mental Health, Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, Interlift Sales, International Aerospace Tubes, International SOS, International Survey Research, Intertek Testing Services.
• Jay Gee Entreprises, JC Decaux Singapore, Jebsen & Jessen Business Services, Jebsen & Jessen Communications, JMS Singapore, John Deere Asia (Singapore), JT International Tobacco Services, JTC Corporation, JUKI Singapore.
• K2 Recruit, Koch Business Solutions, Kapient Holdings, KB Associates, Kelly Services, Kent Ridge Education Hub, Keppel Corporation, Keppel Fels, Keppel Shipyard, Kerry Group Business Services (ASPAC), KHL Printing Co., Kidney Dialysis Foundation , Koelnmesse, Kong Meng Sun Phor Khar See Monastery, Koon Holdings, Korn/Ferry, Koufu, KTL Offshore, Kulicke & Soffa (S.E.A.), Kumon Asia & Oceania, Kuok Singapore.
• L.D Waxson (S), Land Transport Authority, Lantiq Asia Pacific, Lawry's, Leica Geosystems Technologies, Leica Instruments, Leisurequest, Lesus Employment Agency, LGT Bank in Liechtenstein, Lintec Singapore, Linxens, Lion Capital Management, Lloyd's Register Asia, L'Oréal Singapore, Lyreco
• M + W Zander, Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Makesafe Resource Management, Mannsfield Shamrock, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Markono Print Media, Matco Asia, Matsushita Avionics Systems, Maunsell Consultants, MCYS, MDS Pharma Services, Media Data Systems, MediaCorp Technologies, Medical Imaging, Meiban Plastics, Mercer, Messier Services Asia, MICA, Millea Asia, MINDEF, MINDS, Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Law, Ministry of National Development, Ministry of Social and Family Development, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Mitsubishi Elevator, MJM Networks, MOH Holdings, Molnlycke Health Care Asia-Pacific, Monetary Authority of Singapore, Morning Star Community Services, Mount Alvernia Hospital, Murata Electronics Singapore, Murray International Metals, Malaysia Dairy Industries.
• Nagase, Nanyang Law LLC, Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre, National Council of Social Service, National Environment Agency, National Heart Centre of Singapore, National Library Board, National Parks Board, National Service Resort & Country Club, National Skin Centre, Nations Trust Bank PLC, Natixis, Navig8 Asia, Nestlé Singapore, Nokia, NOR Offshore, Novena Holdings, NTUC Childcare Co-operative, NTUC Club, NTUC Fairprice Co-Operative, Nuance Watson (Singapore), Nucleus Software, Nikko Chemicals (Singapore), Nordson Advanced Technology (Singapore).
• Orchard Turn Developments, O.B. Singapore Operations, Océ (Singapore), Oculus, Office of Estate & Development, NUS, Oiltanking Asia Pacific, Omega Integration, Onco Lab, OPUS IT Services, Orly Consulting
• Pan Asia Logistics Singapore, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Panalpina World Transport, Panasonic Asia Pacific, Panduit Singapore, Parliament of Singapore, Pasona Singapore, PCI, PDS School, People's Association, Performance Motors, Pet Lovers Centre, Petrochemical Corp of Singapore, Pfizer Clinical Research Unit, Philips Electronics, Phillip Securities, Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre, Planet Fitness, POLWEL Co-operative Society, PowerSeraya, PPL Shipyard, Prada Singapore, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Prison HQ, Training & Development Branch, Protemps, Prudential, PSA Corporation, PSB Academy, PSC Secratariat, PT. Mac Fauna Affiliate Maccine, Purechem Onyx, Questor Management
• Raffles Medical Group, Redwood Interior, Regency Steel Asia, Republic Polytechnic, Research Instruments, Resource Dynamics, Rhodia Asia Pacific, Robert Walters, Roche Singapore Technical Operations, Rohde & Schwarz Regional HQs Singapore, Roper Southeast Asia LLC, Royal Danish Embassy, RSH (Singapore).
• SABIC Asia Pacific, SAES, Safra National Service Association, SAFRA, Samson Rope Technologies, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Samsung Asia, Sanden International, SATS, SCCP Payment Services Holdings, Schaeffler, Schering-Plough, Science & Engineering Institutes, SCS, SEAB, SearchNet, Select Business Services, Sembawang Engineers and Constructors, Sembawang Shipyard, Sembcorp Environmental Management, SembCorp Utilities, SembWaste, Senoko Power, Sequoia, Sharp Electronics, Sheffield Employment Agency, Showa Denko HD, Sia & Yeo Heavy Equipment, SIC Construction, Simmons (SEA), SINDA (Singapore Indian Development Association), Singapore Academy of Law, Singapore Component, Singapore Customs, Singapore Economic Development Board, Singapore Exchange, Singapore International Foundation, Singapore LNG Corporation, Singapore Medical Council, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore Petroleum Company, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Prison Service, Singapore Refining Co, Singapore Sports Council, Singapore Telecommunications, Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore Workforce Development Agency, Singapura Finance, SITA, SNCF, Solenoid Singapore, S'pore Technologies Marine, SPRING Singapore, SSA, ST Aerospace, ST Asset Management, ST Electronics (Satcom & Sensor Systems), St Luke's Hospital, ST Microelectronics, Stamford Precision Tools, Star Cruises, Starlite Printers (Far East), Starwood Asia Pacific Hotels & Resorts, Starwood Customer Contact Center, STT Communications, Subordinate Courts, Suntec City Management, Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Surbana Consultants, Surbana Corporation, Surbana International Consultants, SurfGold, SUT Sakra, Swissotel Merchant Court, Sia Partners, Stone Forest IT.
• TAKA Jewellery, Takasago International, Talense, Tanaka Electronics Singapore, Teambuild Construction, TeleTech Customer Management, Tempstaff, Tetra Pak Jurong, The Fullerton Hotel (Precious Treasure Pte Ltd), The GMP Group, The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), Times Printers, TJS Services, TJS, Tokyo Bust Express, Toshiba Data Dynamics, Tourism Management Institute of Singapore, Toyota Motor Asia Pacific, Traders Hotel Singapore, Transmarco Concepts, T-Systems Singapore, TT International, Tyco Fire & Security, The Oaks Cellars.
• Unilever, Unimatec Singapore, United Engineers, United World College of South East Asia, Urban Redevelopment Authority, Vacances, Ventus Global, VITAL. Org, Vopak Asia, Vopak Terminals Singapore, Wacker Siltronic Singapore, Watson Plastics Industries, Watson’s Personal Care Stores, Web Professional House, West Pharmaceutical Services Singapore, WestLB AG, Wieland Metals Singapore, WLD Asset Management, Woh Hup, Worley, Wyeth Nutritionals (Singapore), Workforce Singapore (Career Services Division), Xyratex, Yale-NUS College, Yang Kee Logistics, Zebra Technologies, Zimmer.