HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Serving Notice Period
Hi HR practitioners,
What is the notice period your company given to staff (in terms of designation):
1) During probation and how long is your probation period?
2) After probation?
1) During probation - 2 days notice period. We use to have 1 week notice period but find that there was nothing much for the staff to do and most of the time they are just idling.
The probation period is 3 months.
2) After probation - general staff 1 month, Management 2 months.
1) During probation, 1 month notice period is given to staff. Our probation period is 3 months as a minimum, if needed extend 1 to 3 months more depend on the recipient. But we used to evaluate him/her at 2 months-performance before 3 months.
2) After probation, 1 month notice period for staff, up to manager post and 3 months for above manager post.
Probation either 3 or 6 months.
Probation notice 1 week. Upon confirmation, notice either 1 or 2 months.
Staff level - 4 weeks
Snr staff level - 6 weeks
Mgr/lead - 8 weeks
Director - 12 weeks