HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Serving Notice Period
Hi HR practitioners,
What is the notice period your company gives to staff in terms of designation?
1) During probation and how long is your probation period?
2) After probation?
1) During probation - 2 days notice period. We use to have 1 week notice period but find that there was nothing much for the staff to do and most of the time they are just idling.
The probation period is 3 months.
2) After probation - general staff 1 month, Management 2 months.
1) During probation, 1 month notice period is given to staff. Our probation period is 3 months as a minimum, if needed extend 1 to 3 months more depend on the recipient. But we used to evaluate him/her at 2 months-performance before 3 months.
2) After probation, 1 month notice period for staff, up to manager post and 3 months for above manager post.
Probation either 3 or 6 months.
Probation notice 1 week. Upon confirmation, notice either 1 or 2 months.
Staff level - 4 weeks
Snr staff level - 6 weeks
Mgr/lead - 8 weeks
Director - 12 weeks
Recent HR Community Posts
Secondments provide a way for organisations to share resources and expertise and can be a valuable opportunity for employees to gain new skills and experiences. Continue reading→
Employee Holding Two Titles
Allowing an employee to hold two job titles should be a case-by-case basis, based on performance, workload, compensation, and company's operations. Continue reading→
Sister Entity Employee
If an employee is going to hold another position in a sister entity, it is important to follow the proper HR procedures to ensure a smooth transition. Continue reading→
Increment Range Factors
To determine the range of increment, consider the financial situation, employee performance, industry standards, market competition, and the cost of living. Continue reading→
When and under what circumstances is severance pay given and can a company remove severance pay if it was given previously. Continue reading→