A Training function (department) needs to remain relevant in order to avoid being regarded as a company liability. To do so, it needs to be an integral part of the business by being strategic. It cannot operate like an administrative function.
This two-day course will focus on a Strategic Training Management framework that provides the training practitioners with an approach to manage their training function strategically.
Participants are strongly encouraged to share and adapt their existing training practices, and apply the strategic training management framework to augment their practices. This two-day course will focus on a Strategic Training Management framework that provides the training practitioners with an approach to manage their training function strategically.
• Appreciate the importance of being strategic
• Learn to strategize training operations
• Learn to execute strategized training operations
• Learn to evaluate strategized training operations
• Learn multiple roles to be strategic
• Put into practice based on a Strategic Training Management model
1. Being strategic – what does it mean
2. Introduction to Strategic Training Management Model
• Strategizing Training Operations
• Executing Strategized Training Operations
• Evaluating Strategized Training Operations
3. Introduction to Strategizing Training Operations
• Training Vision and Mission
• Performing Training SWOT analysis and environmental scanning
• Performing Learning Needs Analysis
• Formulating budgeted long term and short term plans
• Identifying Training KPIs
4. Introduction to Executing Strategized Training Operations
• Rate of Learning > Rate of Change
• Customization of training programs
5. Introduction to Evaluating Strategized Training Operations
• Performing Learning Effectiveness Evaluation
• Industrial Connection
6. Performing multiple strategic roles
7. Completing a Strategic Training Management framework
• Group Discussion
Who should attend
Training / HRD / HCM / HR practitioners, directors, managers, and executives
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Learn a strategic approach to manage the training function in order to stay relevant and aligned with business strategic intents and direction
• Learn to be an integral function of the business
• Put into practice based on a strategic framework under a guided environment
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What does it mean to be strategic?
• Why need to be strategic?
• How to be strategic?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned a ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing into the trainings.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• 29 & 30 October 2019 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• Two days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options