This course helps to identify training needs, develop effective training programmes, and evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes.
Organisation knows that training is an important investment in the performance of your staff and their contribution to the business strategies and goals. Yet many a time, they are unable to know the impact of training in these two areas. In order to make the most of money spent on training, it is important to be clear about the objectives of training, the training needs of their organisations and their employees and how training has impacted on staff performance and business results.
In this workshop, we will show and teach you how to identify learning needs of your organisation, the task as well as at individual levels. You will learn how to translate the process into a training document for individual and for the organisation. Then we will assist you, as Human Resource Develop Professionals, to evaluate the contribution of training to employee development and business results.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• Understand the importance of having a systematic training needs assessment and training evaluation.
• Acquire a framework for conducting system wide training needs assessment and performing training evaluation.
• Identify the process to undertake and to assess training needs analysis
• Use different evaluation methods to measure the impact of training on employees and the organisation.
• Learn how to run the training department effectively after the course
• Overcome the issues facing training needs analysis and training evaluation.
1. Reasons why training fails to bring the desired outcome.
2. Linking individual needs to the strategic directions of the business.
3. Different Learning Needs Analysis methods and its application for different groups of employees.
4. Perform Training Needs Analysis using PTO Approach to reap the maximum benefits of Training
5. Translating training assessment into Organisational Training Plan.
6. Ensure that transfer of learning takes place after training
7. Quantifying soft and hard data to measures training outcomes.
8. Evaluation of training on all aspects of Training Systems, Procedures and Processes
9. Using different evaluation methods to measure impact of training
10. Calculating Return of Investment (ROI) on training.
Who should attend
• All executives and managers interested in maximising the impact of training on the organisation and individual employees . Those responsible for training and development, and those who needs to conduct learning needs assessment, designing programmes and evaluating their usefulness and impact on individual and business performance will find this workshop extremely helpful.
• Group Discussion, exercises, presentation and practicum. Participants are encouraged to bring their training issues on training needs and training evaluation to the workshop so that appropriate advice can be given to resolve their issues in these two areas.
Bernard Tay has over 20 years experience in human resource development and management in both private and public sector experience. He has worked as a regional manager in renowned American and Japanese global conglomerate. He has gained both local and international experience, having working for diversified industries ranging from banking, aviation, telecommunication, education, electronics, and energy to medical sector. He has also worked in USA where he focused on staffing and organisational development.
Bernard has extensive experience conducting human resource management and development programmes to local and international participants from different organisations. He has acquired working knowledge and experience in developing employee handbook, job analysis, job evaluation, job description and design, employee orientation and organisational downsizing. In addition he has been a Senior Assessor for Singapore Quality Award and People Excellence.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He is also a certified Advanced Certificate Training and Assessment (ACTA) trainer.
• 28 July 2023 (6th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 669.60 w/GST (S$620.00) for Community
• S$ 702.00 w/GST (S$650.00) for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• ARA Management Pte Ltd, Agency for Integrated Care Pte Ltd, Aramco Asia Singapore Pte Ltd, Afton Chemical Asia Pte Ltd
• Bandai Namco Studios Singapore Pte Ltd
• Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP, Dredging International Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
• Eu Yan Sang International Ltd
• Faith Community Baptist Church
• Housing & Development Board (HDB), Hapag-Lloyd Pte Ltd
• Institute Of Technical Education, Ingenico International ( Singapore ) Pte Ltd
• KOEI TECMO Singapore Pte Ltd
• Leo Tech Services Pte Ltd, Lakeside Family Services
• National Environment Agency
• Safran Electronics & Defense Services Asia Pte Ltd, Singapore Power Ltd, SLS Bearings (S) Pte Ltd, SICK Pte Ltd, Sea Consortium Pte Ltd, Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore)
• The LearningLab Education Centre Pte Ltd, Tai Chong Cheang Steamship Co (Singapore) Pte Ltd
• White Clarke Asia Pacific Pty Ltd