Contemporary trainers need to facilitate effectively in order to deliver a successful training to meet the course objective. This will require a trainer to possess a bag of facilitation techniques and tools in order to effectively engage the learners within a conductive learning environment.
Often, training fails due to a myriad of reasons. These include lack of a structured approach to manage a training event, failure to adopt appropriate techniques to engage and optimize participation from the learners, trainers not knowing how to handle challenging characters also known as learning robbers, and poor design and handling of activities to meet the objectives of the class.
Training Facilitation serves to address and confront these challenges so that trainers can be more effective, and training events can be more fruitfully and efficiently carried out to meet their objectives.
This 2-day course imparts the comprehensive know-how of Training Facilitation used at the different phases of training, namely pre-class, start of class, during the class, end of class, and post-class. Participants will have the opportunity to put into practice the techniques they learnt in class. Participants can expect to walk away more confident and competent in managing and facilitating training or learning events.
• Awareness of Adult Learning Theory
• Equip participants with practical facilitation and training techniques to support the adult learning process
• Learn the art of Training Facilitation at different phases of a training event
• Learn to manage learning robbers
• Put into practice Training Facilitation
1. Challenges faced in training delivery
2. What is Training Facilitation?
3. Training Facilitation techniques at the Start of the class
• Earn Your Right To Speak
• WIIFM (What Is In For Me)
• Ground Rules
• Punctuality management
• Parking lots
• Ice breaker
• Establishing objectives
4. Concept of Adult Learning
5. Didactic versus Facilitative
6. Learning Styles
7. Training Facilitation techniques during the class
• Expert sharing
• Group Discussion
• Group Activity
• Dealing with difficult characters
• Other useful situational facilitation techniques
8. Putting into practice – training delivery by participants
9. Training Facilitation techniques at the Closing of class
• Key takeaway
• Objectives met
• Wrap & Summary
10. Training Facilitation pre-class and post-class
• Group Discussion
• Group Activities
• Group Reviews
• Role play
Who should attend
Managers, Professional, OD practitioners, Trainers, Consultants, Team leaders, and anyone who need to deliver effective and engaging training/learning events for any level of participants.
Benefits of Attending This Course
• Acquire various techniques to facilitate different types of training/learning events more effectively and efficiently to meet the event objectives
• Learn how to apply different facilitative techniques at the various stages of training
• More competent and confident to deal with challenges when delivering a training
• Practice the art of training facilitation under a guided environment
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
• What is training facilitation?
• Can training facilitation be adopted for different training programs?
• Can training facilitation be used to manage participants with difficult characters?
• Can training facilitation be used to hold the energy level up on participants?
• What are the training facilitation techniques?
Philip Lee has over 28 years of working experience in the American MNCs, namely Texas Instruments Singapore and Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte Ltd. He has held the positions of a Master Structured Teamwork Facilitator, Training and People Development Manager, Organization and Workforce Development Manager, Materials Operations Manager, and Manufacturing Quality Manager.
At the national level, Philip Lee is a veteran assessor. He has amassed over 13 years of assessment experience under different national frameworks such as Business Excellence National Lead Assessor, Singapore Productivity Award National Assessor and Businesses for Family Mark/We Welcome Families Award National Assessor,
With over 20 years of experiences in training, facilitation and organization development, his participants often describe him to be captivating, passionate, focus, engaging, and outcome-based. Philip’s forte is in the areas of fundamental leadership, problem-solving & decision-making, team-working, effective meeting skills, creativity, conflict management, facilitation skills, communication & interpersonal relationship, performance appraisal, service leadership, project management, inter alia. He has facilitated 1500 hours of training delivery that benefited more than 5400 participants from all levels of staff and from all walks of life. Philip has also earned a ‘Outstanding Life Coach’ recognition from the-then MCYS ‘Save the Children’ program.
Coupled with his national assessment experience which means he is familiar with the best practices in the industry, Philip brings a wealth of knowledge for learning and sharing into the trainings.
Philip possesses a Master of Science in Training, Bachelor of Science in double Physics, Diploma in Personnel Management and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment. He is also a Certified Professional Facilitator & Trainer, Advanced Certified Behavioral Coach and Master Facilitator of Structured Teamwork.
• 10 & 11 March 2020 (1st Run)
Duration / Venue
• Two days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options