HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Dear HR Practitioners,
What are some of the guidelines for staff transport claims? If they travel from home to customer place is this claimable? If they travel from customer place to home, before official knock off time, is it claimable?
Below are 2 type I have encountered
1. Fix transport allowance per month – mostly use for senior management who are frequent travel needs, or use their own transport for work related purpose.
2. Home – client and client – home during normal work hours cannot be claim – mostly by sales personnel who have frequent out of office meeting requirement. But not necessary most of the time.
Admin Department Manager signs on the receipt (if any) and approves for staff transport claims.
If their HODs approve, it will be claimable for traveling from home to customer place.
If Admin Department Manager approves to go back home before official knock off time, it will be claimable for traveling from customer place to home.
For us, travel from office to customer/supplier is claimable. Travel from customer/supplier to office is claimable. The rest are not claimable.
We do not reimburse transport claim to and from home to customer office at any time.
It is spelt out in our HR policy.
STILL NOT SURE? CALL US
(65) 6337-8016 or 6338-5816, 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays
• We have the sole discretion in determining which messages or notes are appropriate, and editing and excluding any messages or notes.
• As your messages will be seen by others, please refrain from posting messages that you can be held legally liable for.
• We are committed to protecting our members from spam or unsolicited e-mail and we will remove and ban subscribers who propagate spam and those involved in harvesting activities. If you receive a spam message from a subscriber, forward the message to us.