The First Professional HR Certification for HR Business Partners in Singapore
• Equip and boost HR business partnering skills.
• Learn how to have a greater impact on your organization .
• Learn how to build highly productive relationships with your internal clients.
• Provide the opportunity for HR Generalists to transit into strategic HR business partner role and establish their presence as a respected strategic HR Business Partner in the industry.
• What is HR business partnering?
• HR Business Partnering Model
• Role and responsibilities of an HR Business Partner
• Issues affecting HRBP
• Working with senior management team
• Leading and managing people management agenda
• Transforming HR into business partnership roles
• Implementing HR business partnering
• Capability building for successful HR partnering
• Skills and competencies of an internal consultant
• Strategic importance of engaging HR in business decision
• Steps to consultative engagement and process
• Diagnosing situations to determine the client's need
• Role as internal consultant to management on HR related issues
• Providing HR guidance and consulting with other business functions
• Giving honest feedback to internal clients
• Making recommendations
• Performance Coaching
• Developing strong business acumen
• Communicating in business terms with senior leaders
• Communicating HR policies to the organization
• Skills to engage people in conversation
• Building trusting relationship with internal and external clients
• Connecting HR department to other functions
• Facilitating the management team
• Active listening and influence technique
• Building harmonious relationships and trust
• Align employees' performance to overall business strategies
• Evaluating employee performance
• Providing performance management guidance
• Communicating performance standards and expectations
• Resolving employee performance issues
• Conducting effective investigations
• Building employee morale
• Change Management Models
• Application of Change Management Skills
• Handling change in the workplace
• Preparing a Change Strategy
• Communicating change and understanding obstacles to change
• Driving performance improvement
• Stimulating positive changes in people management
• Employee champion and change agent in Managing Organisational Change
• Understanding succession planning process
• Difference between replacement planning and succession planning
• Assessing the need for a succession plan
• Developing succession planning approaches
• Roadmap for effective succession planning
• Keys and pitfalls to succession planning
• Assessing internal candidates
• Mentoring high potential employees
• Engagement of stakeholder
• Alignment of talent strategies with business needs
• Engaging senior leadership participation
• Identifying high potential employees
• Retaining the top talent
• Preparing development plans for key employees
• Developing employment contract terms for new hires
• Hiring the right people
• Analyzing trends and metrics
• Use of data and its measurement systems
• Aligning metrics to organization's goals
• Common mistakes in analyzing data
• Types of performance measures
• Key Performance Indicators: relevance and characteristics
• Purposeful measurement
• Identifying organization KPIs
Decades of experience in local and regional HR practices and expert knowledge in labour laws.
Chan Phak Sung has 20 years of experience in regional start-up and leadership Human Capital Development and Management function in Asia-Pacific for Global MNCs such as Canon, Dell Computer, Sony, Air Products and Chemicals, Informatics, etc. He has also had hands-on experience in business development, customer service, corporate training, consulting, M&A. He left Canon where he held three appointments: Regional HR Director; Regional Innovation & Productivity Supervising Director; and Regional Learning & Development Director.
Phak Sung is currently a management consultant helping companies to setup their HR functions and infrastructures; merge their policies and practices when they acquire companies; trouble shoot if they have organizational effectiveness issues; and design and deliver training or workshops such as cross-cultural communication, team building, strategic planning and change management, corporate governance and ethics, leadership skills etc.
He conducted a ten-day series of workshops for the Royal Bhutan Government's Ministries' Heads of HR in strategic planning, strategic staffing, and corporate governance. He was recently the keynote speaker in a forum on Human Capital Analytics in Manila organized by Assessment Analytics International. His topic was Measuring Human Capital Analytics for Business Growth.
Phak Sung lectured at a local institute in Strategic Planning and Change Management in the graduate diploma and diploma programs in Human Capital Management introducing the first ever Corporate Governance and Ethics program and was the only lecturer for this program. He also lectured on International Human Capital Management and Administrative Management for an Australian university's bachelor's degree programs. Phak Sung is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses. Phak Sung holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Economics from California State University, USA.
William Toh has an extensive working experience in China since 1992 and having more than 25 years of working experience which covered areas including Education, Business Development, General Management, Human Resource Management, Leadership & Talent Development, Service Quality & Excellence and Sales Management.
William has served in leading companies in the areas of business consultation, general management and HR management working experiences which include AstraZeneca (Shanghai), Beecham SmithKline (now known as GSK, Singapore), Cisco (China), General Electric (Asia Pacific), HP (Singapore), IBM-Lotus Dev. (APAC), ITE (Singapore), Lenovo (Beijing), Legend-AOL (Beijing), Lotus Supermarket (China); Merchant Bank (Shenzhen), Motorola (South Asia, China), Philips (Singapore, China), Singapore Telecommunication (Singapore), SITA (Asia Pacific), Siemens (Singapore), Statschippac (Asia) and Standard Chartered Bank (Shanghai).
His previous HR & Services related roles included SVP, Corporate Development, VP, Nationwide HR&A (China); Director, Service Excellence; Director, OD &HR Services; Director, Corporate Leadership; Manager, HR Services (AP Regional); Manager, Sales Training Management; and Section Manager, HR & Training. His recent HR achievements include the successful implementation of the new labour contract and trade union setup at Lotus Supermarket (China)'s corporate head-office and across its 32 cities across North, South, South-west and East regions of China. Besides, he having assisted a local Chinese labour law firm-HR Laboroot (Shanghai) to publish a new labour contract law book.
William is a member of the Singapore Institute of Directors (SID) and attained the SID’s Executive Certificate in Directorship. He is also a member of the Project Management Institute (USA) since 2001. William is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's Certified Human Resource Business Partner (CHRBP) Course.
William holds a MSc.in HRM, MBA (International Business), a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Diploma in Training and Management Development. He is also certified as a DISC assessor, 6-Sigma Transactional (Black-Belt), Global Sales Facilitator (IBM Global Sales), Education Vocational Instructor National Certification (VITC, Singapore), Leadership Development (GE, Crotonville) and a certified Performance Management & Empowered Workforce (Interactive Management) facilitator.
Adrian Wong has more than 25 years of experience as a Senior Regional HR Professional with many years of experience in diverse industry especially manufacturing, food and beverage, FMCG, Supply Chain, freight and logistics, consultancy and Information, education, financial ratings and research sectors.
Adrian has worked as the Corporate HR Director, Asia Pacific for McGraw Hill Companies, Vice-President HR for EGL Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Vice-President HR International Division for Japfa International Pte Ltd, Regional HR and Quality Director, Exel Way & QSHE Director for MSAS/Exel/DHL, Personnel Manager for Motorola Electronics and General Motors.
He covers more than 12 countries in Asia Pacific from India to Japan, China and down south to New Zealand. He led HR teams in different countries reporting to him and covers the full spectrum of HR activities: talent acquisition, total rewards, training and development including change management, HR Operations and benefits for the region. His experience covers a number of Mergers and Acquisitions, takeovers, HR workforce restructuring, corporate social responsibility, HR Outsourcing, Employee communications, Industrial and Union negotiation, etc. His training experience includes Corporate Internal Trainer for Management Leadership Programs, leadership programs for First Line managers, Business Development programs, leadership transition programs.
While he was with the Supply Chain Industry, he has responsibility over Quality, Safety and Environment covering Asia pacific countries and directs ISO Quality certification programs, 1800 safety management and 1400 Environment programs for the group. He also developed the leadership management program jointly with NUS Business Management School for young leaders and covers the Exel Way launch for Asia.
Adrian is a certified DISC and DDI facilitator and was also a part time lecturer for an Australian University for its Bachelor and Masters programs (International Human Resource Management Modules) and a local Institute for its Human Resource Management, Training & Development and Strategic Management programs. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Adrian possess a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters of Arts in Human Development. He also possess Diplomas in Management Consultancy, Marketing, Industrial Management, Human Resource, Quality and Production Engineering.
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation. Susan is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
Arnold Chan has over 20 years of organization development critical experiences while working at three global organisations with a strong Pan Asia presence. He has lead several strategic initiatives ranging from balanced scorecard performance management system and regional competency development framework to talent management programmes in this region.
While at Standard Chartered Bank, he was a lead facilitator for their global future leaders programme. As a certified Gallup strengths coach he engaged senior managers and high potentials to help them discover their signature themes and align them to business priorities. Arnold was instrumental in spearheading key HR programmes aligned to the Business Excellence framework that led Standard Chartered Bank to achieve the prestigious Asia Human Capital Award for Talent Management.
At DBS Bank, Arnold lead the HR balanced scorecard implementation, delivered performance coaching and review workshops for Vice Presidents and senior managers across the Group. Prior this, he was the Fuji Xerox country representative and HR working committee leader in developing the Asia Pacific Competency Development System. Arnold also revised the performance appraisal system at Fuji Xerox Singapore to meet the People Developer Standard. As a result Fuji Xerox was accorded 6 stars in the People Developer Standard award.
His management exposures spanned across industries. From the public to the private sector and from global financial institutions to multinational corporations. Besides Singapore, he has developed executives from USA, India, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. Arnold holds an MBA and a BBA with Distinction and he is also a Certified Strengths Coach. He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Michael Giam is an international business professional with decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. Michael’s international breadth of experience spans both in public institutions and private corporations focusing mainly on business fundamentals and human capital to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
From a Senior HR Business Partner to Senior Vice President, Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited (Macau). In his tenure at CWT, Michael was appointed by the CEO as the Management Representative to lead in corporate culture development and change. He has developed, implemented and coached several action programs that were necessary in the development of a learning culture within the organization and beyond. In 2003, Michael was selected by the industry to become one of the Executive Committee Members representing the Singapore hospitality industry to provide value-added initiatives and plans to the local government in enhancing the skills and value of the local workforce. He is active in helping the community, especially those unemployed and in poverty to reskill them and bring them back to the workforce.
In recent years Michael worked in China for Marriott to open new properties and some of its flagship hotels. Michael also worked for the Society of Petroleum Engineers in Malaysia as their Asia Pacific Director of Operations responsible for organizing and managing industry-related MICE activities. In his tenure, he has also developed good relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in many national oil companies and international oil and gas corporations. Michael also worked as an independent consultant handling several pre-opening and restructuring projects. This include assisting the GM in opening the first Wyndham flagship hotel in Singapore; worked as an interim General Manager to open an exclusive club for arts & culture professionals in Guangzhou; developed and implement a comprehensive strategic Customer Service Excellence Program for United Overseas Bank in China as well as providing professional HR service & consultation to the new rebranded Hotel Jen in Singapore.
Michael has always been interested to develop the next generation of talents and leaders. Since 1995, Michael has served as an adjunct faculty for several local and foreign universities as well as some adult learning institutions on topics including Human Resource Management, Coaching & Counselling, Business Contract & Maritime Law, Organizational Behavior, Customer Service Training and many others.
Michael received his MBA from an Australian University and holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Facilitated Learning). He is also a registered Practicing Management Consultant (PMC) and a member of Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI).
• 4, 11, 18, 25 January, 1, 8, 22 February & 1 March 2018 - Thursdays - 3rd Intake
• 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12 May 2018 - 4th Intake
• Eight days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
Certification will be awarded upon successful completion of all Competency-Based Assessments. And those who are successful are entitled to use the designatory title "CHRBP" after their names.
Senior HR Executives (Business Partnering), Assistant HR Managers (Business Partnering), Managers (HR Business Partners) with at least 5 years of HR Managerial and/or Business Partnering experience.
• S$3,950 for Community
• S$4,080 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0033726.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Trainer is very knowledgeable!" - Janice Yim, Bollore Logistics Singapore Pte Ltd
• "Very interesting and engaging. Useful info & cases."
Past Participant Organizations
• Bollore Logistics Singapore.
• Geodis Wilson Singapore.
• Hamilton Sundstrand Pacific Aerospace.
• Icon Soc Pte Ltd, International Baccalaureate Organization (Singapore Branch).
• Land Transport Authority.
• SAGE Publications Asia-Pacific, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore.
• Ultratech SE Asia.
CHRBP Graduates in 2016
- Ng Lay Gek Maureen, CHRBP, Hamilton Sundstrand Pacific Aerospace Pte Ltd
- Wendy Ng Hui Lin, CHRBP, Land Transport Authority
- Kazumi Imamura, CHRBP, SAGE Publications Asia-Pacific
- Aina Lim, CHRBP
- Kevin Ng Geok Lin, CHRBP
- Sie Gek Hwa, Grace, CHRBP
CHRBP Graduates in 2017
- Renuka Devi, CHRBP, ICON SOC Pte Ltd
- Swimita Singh, CHRBP, International Baccalaureate Organization (Singapore Branch)
- Dan Lim, CHRBP
- Janice Yim Seon Joo, CHRBP
- Ong Yi Pin Stacy, CHRBP
- Li Jiayu, CHRBP, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
- Li Zi, CHRBP, Ultratech SE Asia Pte Ltd